Who else is NOT looking forward to RotF being the only TF toy line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by juise, Feb 10, 2009.

1. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With Universe Classics hopefully only going on a vacation, and the now confirmed end of Animated theres nothing left for me to buy! Words can not describe my HATE, DISGUST, and utter LOATHING of the movie designs! Hasbro is either being really tight lipped about what we can expect for this 25th Ann year. Or they don't have/scrapped any/every thing (times are tough!). With all that being said it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make any TF runs for quite a while.

Who else wont be buying any RotF figures? It's like Bay took every complaint he could find on the Internet about his movie and made sure he put more of it in this movie. Unicycle Transformers? No thanks, I'll pass.

I pray Henkei continues in Japan, Maybe one or two more MP's after Grimlock. I guess I'll be getting the Alternity if there is nothing else but RotF.

2. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I agree it will be a bummer if the movie line is the only thing being produced, but i believe it is a hit with kids like the first movie line was. I might be wrong but wasnt legends still making figures from all genres? im sure we'll see some great new legends figures at the very least. I still have hopes for newer universe figures trickling down. Im sure some of the movie molds might be more interesting than we think!

3. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So far, I haven't seen anything from the new movie that I like except for Sideswipe. I am afraid I am not gonna like the new movie!

4. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha...though I like the movie figures (and we'll get more Animated figures this year, despite the cartoon's cancellation), yes I'm a little annoyed that everything's taking a backseat to Revenge of the Fallen. Aside from the Devastator set, I probably won't buy any movie figures for awhile because I want to wait and see if Premium versions come out...so I may end up with only a handful of purchases for the rest of this year and no movie figures until later this year or next year even.

I'm hoping Takara can compensate a bit with the Masterpiece and Encore lines, and maybe a few Henkei exclusives. We'll see.

5. SmF

SmF Well-Known Member

*Raises hand*

But to be honest, it'll give my wallet a break and some time to catch up on TFs I missed out on before on other lines. And yes with Henkei & Masterpieces, I don't think I'll be that sad. Saves me some gas on my weekly trips to Targets so that's a good thing!

:) 

6. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I am not looking forward to the Movie Line. Animated is supposed to be out with it too so that will be my relief. I am interested in Movie Devy but I have a Custom Devy comming so i will have to wait and see.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  7. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    The only things I want from the new movie are the upper scale versions of prime and jetfire, the ones that combine, as long as they aren't too movieish. I have gotten into a thing recently where I like the 2 bot combiners, minus the energon figs. If these 2 look good I'll get them for sure, if they suck its a skip. I'm more of a Universe man anyways.

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    im looking forward to it-these are some of the coolest designs out there, esp what we've seen of Devastator and Sideswipe. plus, the Animated line will keep going on through the course of the movie.

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:

I agree with this. I need time to go back and buy older stuff...
    The Transformers and GI Joe movies have given me a much needed break.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Classics lovers aren't even looking forward to the Energon combiners in the G1 colors repaints? Superion I could understand not wanting, but Bruticus?

I myself will be welcoming the movie line with open arms. I respect other people's opinions for not wanting this stuff, so I just wish more people would return the same sentiments. I love the movie line a lot, and the random bashings in the wake of Animated's cancellation and Universe's hiatus haven't helped.

11. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not really. I personally feel there should be a separation between Universe and Classics. Universe for all the repaints, and Classics for the new molds. But thats just me.

I second this statement. As much as I hate the movie and its figures, I don't think less of other collectors who love them.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree. I wish they had different packaging at least to differentiate them better.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *raises hand*

It's not that I dislike movie/ROTF toys, but I do dislike the idea of it being the only option for a year or so.

14. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    No, it is just that the movie line sucks that bad...the only ones i will get is if that last target scout wave that never happened...gunbarrel, etc...get released under the new movie banner...i will get those...but i got the only one i wanted early...ROTF wreckage...

15. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I'm really looking forward to the ROTF toy line. I don't really care if it's the only line. And there's still the Animated season three toys.

16. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

I won't be buying any movie toys. Except the Bruticus repaint, which I don't really consider to be a movie toy.

17. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

I really liked the first movie... don't like the toys. I have Bumblebee and Barricade... and they're alright.

18. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds like it might be a good opportunity to step away and take a break for a while. If the current state of TFs is creating such a strong negative response for you, maybe try a different toyline/show/etc...

I've always said that if I didn't like 95% of what's going on with TFs, I'd take a break. TFA was that break for me, and now I'm stoked for what's coming this year.

19. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    <--- raises his hand

Not just any year, but the 25th anniversary year.

Seriously, if Universe doesn't come baak bly at least the the third quarter of this year, I'll just get a bunch of good to awesome stuff I missed from RID/A/E/C a la Ebay and that's that. Bye bye TF collecting.
    Time line of my hobbies:
    1996-2001- BW, BM, RID
    2002-2004- Yu-Gi-Oh! :confused2 
    2005- 2009?- Cybertron, Classics/Universe,TF1, Animated

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Since Animated is where it's at for me, I almost certainly won't be buying any movie toys (the same way I did in 2007). I say "almost", because that Bludgeon-esque Wreckage repaint is kinda tempting.