Who Else Here LOVES Transformers:Prime And Thinks It's Unbelieveably AWESOME??

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Dec 5, 2010.

?

What Do You Think About Transformers:Prime Thus Far?

1. I Really Like it!!

161 vote(s)
    79.7%
  2. I DON'T Like It!!

14 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. Still Undecided.

27 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

It's called "humor." I know, not a concept some TF fans understand. But that's what they were going for.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I really like it so far. The style of animation isn't something I myself would have gone with, but I'm liking it a lot better than I initially thought I would. TFP is currently my second favorite TF show, even though all we've seen are the first five episodes, and has potential to become tied with RID for my absolute favorite. I'm definitely looking forward to it continuing.

I'm also looking forward to the toy-line. Especially Bumblebee and Megatron.

3. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

After Animated it seems kind of boring to me. Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of good things going on with Prime; but it's to bland.

The bad:

Optimus is reduced to a speech making machine, I have to roll my eyes everytime he talks and in comes the speech background music.

With an already small cast of Autobots and Cons on each side.... they make two characters not talk? Yet another reason why Cliffjumper should not have been killed off.

The city is populated by nearly no one. Very few humans are shown on screen that are not actual characters with speaking roles.

Prime tries to hard to be like the movies... and should be more of it's own thing.

I really didn't like the end transmission to space.... it was pointless. It was cool in the first movie, annoying in the second.... and sickining with Prime.

To few Decepticons. With only 3 real characters (only two of which speak) the Decepticons are getting the shaft. Drones suck.

The good:

The dialog is really engauging. The characters interact well together. The Voice acting is also top notch in that I feel that these are really individuals. Plus the casting seems to be dead on.

Cullen and Welker.

The Character designs are cool... so I really like the look of the show.

The animation is well done. The music is well done (even though way to movie like IMO).

Summary:

Being only 5 episodes, my feeling is that I kind of like the show, but I'm not excited about it. It had some great momments, and times that it felt forced. Where I feel that Prime will shine is with it's characters, because they seem to have a lot of heart in them.

4. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

It is just okay so far.

There is a lot of potential. But I haven't been wowed yet. The characters are extremely bland. And that's before you even address a non-speaking Bumblebee and countless drones. Prime sounds like he is giving a eulogy every time he speaks. The show takes itself way too seriously. It just doesn't have a sense of fun.

The CGI is impressive and there are some cool action sequences. But it doesn't feel like it has any heart. It's like they are trying as hard as possible to be the opposite of Transformers: Animated. And it shows.

5. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Add more Decepticon characters and Autobots characters and this series will be a win.

6. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

Really, I also heard that word used for Jay Leno. But it's definition is not used in the same way when it was used for Dave Chappelle or Jeff Foxworthy.

7. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

*Shrug* Different strokes for different folks?

I thouht there were plenty of fun parts. It's more like some of the fans are taking it too seriously.

8. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Hmmm

[01] Transformers: Generation 1
    [02] Transformers: Beast Wars
    [03] Transformers: Prime
    [04] Transformers: Beast Machines

The Cycle of Primus is Done

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Five episodes in and I really like the show a lot :) 

10. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I like it. There´s a few things that I find better than Animated that was one of my favorite shows (the human villains were eye rolling and quite frankly stupid) and add to the fact that the bots finally have guns again. And I totally became an Arcee fanboy after the show.

Honestly, I don´t get why people are against drones. It makes sense that Transformers use mass armies of machines as troops.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    This is why I like the Eradicons-they make sense. And it makes sense that Autobots don't use them as they're more honorable and care about their soldiers, while Decepticons dont care if they create life only to be destroyed in battle. Because of that adding Drones, IMHO, makes Decepticons more evil.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Care to PM me with the location to grab them?

13. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I like it thus far but I don't have enough to judge yet. However I like what I see just needs a couple more cons added to the group and I'd be really disapointed if they bring back megs soon give starscream some time to lead!

14. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    It's awesome. But I'd prefer a cartoon over a computer animated series. And better designs. Not such a deformed pre-school style.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I like the show.

So far the characters have me intrigued and the story is just way more than I expected.

The issues I have so far is the empty feeling the scenes have and the very limited cast. That being said I know this show will rank high on my list of favorites because in a season or two the animation will improve immensely as will the cast.

And I feel a need to mention that the show won me over real quick because the guy who voices Ratchet also voiced The Question in JLU.

16. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

you know what cracked me up.

Watching Ratchet square off against zombies.

[​IMG]

in fact watching him chase around the re-animated tool with a pipe was kinda like when Herbert West chased around a reanimated cat....with a baseball bat.

I like it so far....the city does look barren....they really need to fill in the background with some noise....and i mean visual noise......cars, crowds, etc.

the kids aren't so bad.....miko's ballad opening was kinda sludgey....thats kinda neat.

its off to a good start i think, not a bad intro to the series. I think they just need to flesh out the visuals a bit...and bring in more bots. Seeing Cliffjumper die was pretty cool, hopefully they aren't afraid to kill some more transformers on either side.

though I noticed that the transformers are kinda larger than they should be....they grow proportionately in bot mode. which isn't a huge deal...just something I noticed on my second watch through.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

On my second view of Prime, I grown to become an Arcee fan. I really like how she has a strong presence and character, and maybe it´s just me but she reminds me of Buffy or Faith from Buffy the Vampire slayer show.

Also, she killed a Eradicon with her legs, by snapping off his head. How fucking badass is that?

18. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Watched the 5-episode special again today, and if anything, I'm loving it even more. He's not as prominent as Arcee, but I'm really liking this version of Bumblebee. I was worried the no-talking thing was going to ruin him for me, but I like how they've taken care of that in TFP. He's very reminiscent of R2-D2, which makes me love him even more. I haven't even seen a prototype picture of it yet, but I'm already excited for his Deluxe-class toy.

TFP is definitely a close second to RID for me. Will definitely be buying the hopefully inevitable DVD's of this show. Only other show I've ever bought on DVD has been House, and it took a sale of $13 per season for me to do that. I'll more than likely buy TFP at regular price (wouldn't want to risk not being able to find it when/if it were to go on sale).

19. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

damn good so far just hope that prime can keeo it up.

20. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!