Who else here LOVES these new psychopathic Autobots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Personally, I love this dark turn that the Autobots are taking here. :D 

Anyone else?

2. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Same here. Face Taking FTW.

3. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't mind the darker tone just so long as the story can justify it but primes classic "give me your face" just seems out of character.

Also I would not say that just because they are more violent that they are darker. IMO their are still a few G1 moments that seem darker

I guess it just depends on what you mean by darker more violent or more mature in how they react to their environment

4. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    It caught me by surprise at first, but I'm glad they're did it and I hope they stick to/expand it - especially with Prime and Sideswipe.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love it too, in all fiction, even if it's meant for 4 years old, I always wonder WHY DON'T THEY JUST SHOOT HIM?

Everybody knows Decepticons are ruthless, therefore they must repay 'em with equal violence.

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I love it too!! XD Optimus has a more Ginrai type personality to him.

7. Triceradon

Triceradon In it for the rage

Sociopathic, actually. Psychopathic is totally different. But, that's just me nitpicking.

As for me......eh. I do like how the Autobots are actually killing the opposition (wage their battle, indeed), but it oftentimes comes across as gory killing for the sake of shock value.

The humorous attributes of Facerippimus Prime aside, it was a very unneccesary scene.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They're not phsycopathic, they're more viceral, to make fight scenes more entertaining. They don't fuck around.

9. vfnfvne

vfnfvne Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If I was in a war for millennia, I'm pretty sure I'd be suffering from PTSD too....and be pretty pissed that most of my friends are being killed/tortured. I think Optimus has every right to go bailistic from time to time, especially if Elita and him did have a thing going in this continuity (reference to what occurred in Reign of Starscream).

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :bay  GIVE ME YOUR FACE :bay 

I like em :thumb .

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I can only hope they introduce "gimp" and "Zed" transformers.

12. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Don't mind it a bit for some Autobots.

Don't care for this Prime's darker moments one bit at all.

Sure, I've justified it in other topics, giving the offer (short version) that the weight of this war has taken its toll on this continuity's Prime. Seeing the insignia of a traitorous enemy force who's civil war has damn near annhilated their race and others as the actual face of this Decepticon masterminding t all, and seeking that revenge a lesser Bot would without hesitation.

But the fact is I don't like it. Not on him.

13. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

I dislike it, I think it's blurring the line between the good and bad guys. Prime isn't supposed to be The Punisher, and I think it's setting a bad example for kids (I know that's gonna get a lot of flak, but it's how I feel). Seriously though, can you imagine the shit that would go down if a soldier today executed an unarmed, injured enemy combatant? I won't get into what should have happened instead since that's been beaten to death already, but I still think it's wrong.

-EDIT: As Covenant said, some Autobots it would be sorta acceptable, but not Prime.

/flame on

14. SpencimusPrime

SpencimusPrime _

News Credits:
    Hell to the yeah.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I dunno. Bumblebee stalking little boys, hiding in their garages ew, I think it's a wierd white knight thing.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah I dig it. "Give me your face" was more comical than anything else though...god what a horrible line :lol 

Edit: And besides if G1 Optimus would have been a little more like the movieverse Ops, he would have blasted Megatron in the face LONG before Hot Rod got in the middle of things...then he wouldn't have died and made an entire generation cry and wet the bed in angst.

17. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

The line itself was off and didn't fit the character ("Give me your face!"), but his actions didn't bother me - just the line.

18. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I don't mind it. And I shout, "Give me your face" if I chop someone's head off in TF2...

19. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

"Give me your lunch..." Nope.
    "Give me your Ass..." Nope
    "Give me your Ken Griffey rookie card..." nope

"Give me your face..." ...Ah hell with it Prime, We'll just fix it in post.

20. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I've said this time and time again, but I'll just repeat it here.

The notion of some Autobots being brutal sociopaths is something I find interesting - attractive, even. One of my favorite Autobots of all time (Marvel Comics Grimlock) fits that bill, and I dig ROTF Sideswipe's attitude. But a sociopathic Optimus, who spouts thuggish lines and kills sadistically? Please.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that Prime should be a fruity hippie who shirks from taking lives. Did I make any noise when G1 Prime offed all those Decepticons at Autobot City in 1986, or when Movie Prime took down Bonecrusher in 2007? Not at all. The point I'm making is that Optimus should be a noble warrior who strives for peace wherever possible, but, when he has to kill (in defense of the innocent), he takes no pleasure whatsoever in doing it, going about the job in a very dispassionate, precise and clinical way. And he should be the type who would give an enemy a quick, painless death, no matter how despicable that foe was. The two scenarios I describe earlier illustrate this ideal behavior very well.