Who Else Here is Wishing For NO MORE TF Movie Sequels??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Jan 27, 2012.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I have to say that I'm not being a hater. This is just my honest opinion. I started out LOVING the Michael Bay TF Movie franchise but, now sadly, I'm SICK of it.

These movies are painfully shallow. Our beloved Transformers franchise deserves a richer, deeper storyline into the Transformers mythos. Something more "Star Wars-esque".

I'm sick of the cheesy, shallow stories, I'm sick of the cheesy one-liners especially from Optimus Prime.

The Transformers franchise deserves something so much better than "rock-em-sock-em robots with explosions."

After 5 consecutive years, I'm sick of retailers pegs and shelves being clogged with crap movie toys. (granted there were some hidden gems in each movie line but, they were very few and far between.)

It's time for something newer and fresher for the TF franchise. From a media standpoint, I'd love to see Hasbro focus on something...*anything* other than these sad, sorry, shallow, stale movies. TF: Prime anyone?

Plus, While Hasbro is too busy focusing a majority of their time on these shit movies, they're getting their asses kicked by 3rd party companies. (Not from a $$$ standpoint....but, design and engineering standpoint.)

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Michael Bay....go away and DO NOT make another TFs sequel. Same goes for you Paramount...DON'T DO IT....you have beaten a dead horse for far too long.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    So much truth here.

That being said, I wouldn't mind sequels helmed by a different creative team, who can change the mood Bay set into something more in line with what Transformers ought to be.

3. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Ehhh... Look, it is a movie about giant robots from space taking their war to earth, so I can understand the excessive violence. Look, if evil robots came from space and wanted to overrun Earth, I think an excessive knock-out-drag-out retaliation is in order.

There really is not much depth you can go on this. I really do not see a Transformers movie EVER coming close to a Star Wars saga. I might be wrong, but I just can't see it.

These movies are not meant to be intelligent. It's a war. There will be excessive explosions and there will be stupid one-liners.

With that said, I think the three movies we got, while not the most epic trilogy of movies out there, was good enough for me, and that should be all. No more.

I agree, the three was enough. The first was the best, the third one entertaining at least, while the second was not well planned. I think its enough. Bay should move on to other projects, and these rumors of a 4th with likely remain rumors drummed up by the hopeful fans of another film.

Three is enough. Four is a crowd. Let's stay away from getting crowded.

4. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    I'd rather let the movie-verse die. If any more films were to come out it would keep focus away from the current continuity Hasbro has now.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    So war movies can't be intelligent. I see. Saving Private Ryan and The Thin Red Line are just chopped liver, then.

6. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Bring on more sequels. Definetly want more.

7. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    That is a terrible misconception. Read more (good) comics.

8. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    The TFs mythos is deeper than you think it is....read a few comics and you'll just scrape the surface of a much deeper mythology than what we received.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Honest to goodness, these people who know nothing about G1 apart from that dumb Sunbow cartoon, and then use it as an excuse to dismiss the source material as 'shallow' and 'incapable of a serious interpretation' are a plague who need to get the fuck out of the fandom.

10. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind more movies, even in this continuity...but I am NOT going to sit through "NoNoNoNo Witwicky & The Space MacGuffin of Doom" for a fourth time. Time for something new.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Given the time, effort, and budget put into these films they should feel like the most epic version of the characters ever, instead I keep finding better Transformers other places. I don't want G1, I want a Transformer movie that is so great it blows G1 right out of the water.

I just can't get really excited about more McGuffins, Decepticons just there to get killed, and the US military being the most powerful thing in the entire universe.

Too many great war movies and too many great sci fi movies to say Transformers can't ever be anything better than what we have gotten from 3 films so far. If they are going to more fine, but at least be something different and something more substantial than just really great special effect having to carry the film.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bring more sequels. They aren't hurting anyone except for the butt-hurt fans. We still get Prime, we still get comics, and we still get toys. Their existence does nothing but make money for the franchise and keep it alive. It's not like the movie's presence makes a show like Prime non-existent.

Now, would I like for the movies to focus more on the Transformers? Yeah, absolutely, but between having them as they are and not having them at all, I will definitely take the latter. I still enjoy them, and I always have Prime for a more robo-centric story.

13. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    +1.

Well, maybe not "get out of the fandom". I just wish they'd quit doing that and pick up a paperback.

14. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

This

I think they focused WAY too much on the humans. Like I wanna hear a kid whine and bitch for two hours about how his life with the Autobots is ruining his social life. If they would focus more on the Autobots I would have enjoyed the movies a lot more. If they do make a new movie and they do focus on the Bots.... i'm all for it! :D 

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think with regards to this problem it's more that they need to expand their G1 knowledge beyond the cartoon than just GTFO.

16. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

Again, this

17. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Nobody's being forced to go see these movies. If you don't like them, don't go to them. But why deprive those of us who do enjoy them?
    For example, I'm not interested in "Rescue Bots" but I'm not wishing it would end because I know others may enjoy them. The same with TF Animated and non-movie comics. I just don't bother with them, but others like them so I'm not going to complain that they exist.

18. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I can't wait for more live action TF movies.

I just wish the movieverse haters would leave it alone. We understood how much and why you have the movieverse within your first 5 posts about it. The 100,000 same posts since are just getting a wee bit repetitive. Maybe take that energy and expend it on parts of TFdom you do love, rather than crusading to crap on the parts some of us love?

Just a thought.

19. Primal1987

Primal1987 Creator Of The OptiBrony

News Credits:
    I'm wishing for more sequels. I just hope that there's more screentime for the titular bots. DOTM was a step in the right direction for that, so I hope it expands.

20. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Honestly, I don't care whether we get more sequels or a reboot, but I found this humorously ironic...
    You do realize that in terms of just the films, Star Wars is cheesy, shallow, and full of one-liners, right? Right?? To get a rich, deep story from either one, you've got to turn to semi-canonical "expanded" material, which is abundantly available for either one. I prefer to just stick with what's on screen in both cases though. I can appreciate a shallow story full of camp and one-liners just fine for what it is.