Who else has had this happen?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by guard convoy, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The '86 movie is actually how I got back into Transformers

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I can't think of a time where I've tried to get someone into TFs honestly.

3. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I indirectly got my friend Craig into Transformers. I say indirectly because he saw the 07 film without prodding from me, but then he got into conversations with me about it, and then he started watching Animated, and it all went downhill from there. His fave character is Starscream, mainly cuz Craig loves planes.

I directly got my brothers into TF by goading them into watching BW because it was awesome. My younger brother has also seen Animated, but my older brother hasn't. He is trying to learn TF stuff by himself via the TFWiki. He considered it a big accomplishment when he remembered the difference between Shockwave and Soundwave.

4. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Before my girlfriend and I became "official" - she had come up from TX to NJ to visit. She was curious about the 86 movie, so I showed it to her... don't think she was that interested. Later on, when I went to TX to visit her, I showed her some Beast Wars (Code of Hero made her cry)... interest slowly growing.

TF07 came out, and she went to see it with some of her friends (it was still a long-distance relationship then)... she was able to name every character, which surprised a mutual TF fan friend of our's.

She couldn't WAIT for ROTF.

Also, one day I decided to watch a few episodes of Beast Machines... she ended up joining me, and we watched the whole series together. There was more than one "Awww, can't we just watch one more?" from her.

While she doesn't share as much interest as I do, there's still some. Enough that she has two toys of her own - TF07 Bumblebee and ROTF Wheelie. ;)