Who else genuinely likes the movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jetstorm, Oct 1, 2017.

1. The Diam0ndknyt3

The Diam0ndknyt3 ROTB rocks!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I loved Bumblebee, DOTM, TF 2007. For the other films I only liked the action and Transformer characters. Though they are not the best films, they entertain me all the time.

2. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

I like the first 2007 movie and bumblebee movie... I can watch parts of DOTM but half of that movie and 2, 4 and 5 suck so much ass .

I could get behind the stupid fun of 2, 3, 4, and 5 if it wasnt called transformers... if it was gobots then it'd like it but my love for transformers cant get behind the raping of characters bay did for the most part.

3. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I really love the first two, I ignore all of the flaws, the first two movies are just great to me, the only thing I really hate is the horrible colour saturation. Good GOD it is so bad. DOTM & AOE is extremely boring in my book. I don’t think TLK is as bad as people seem to think it is, it was extremely overhyped, and there was a lot of disappointment surrounding it is all. But it’s still kind of a bad movie.

4. LockdownTF

LockdownTF Well-Known Member

Some of them. I like the second and third one's best AOE was boring spent 2 hours and 20 minutes waiting for the dinobots to finally show up and LK in spite of having some interesting moments just generally dragged way to long. Ok giant robots fighting but can something else happen now? they've been fighting for like 20 minutes now without a break

5. TheGermanator

TheGermanator Well-Known Member

Loved Bumblebee, liked TF 2007, and enjoyed parts of DOTM

Revenge of the Fallen, Age of Extinction and The Last Knight were all steaming piles of shit

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kirby0189

Kirby0189 Soundpost

I feel that the first movie and Bumblebee are awesome and really fun to watch. As for my opinions on the rest of the films, ROTF is bad, DOTM and AOE have a lot of good moments but they aren't particularly memorable, and I have no idea what to think of TLK.

7. justframbo

justframbo Well-Known Member

hah. Sure, they're perhaps sub-par in the whole storytelling, but film is a visual medium. These films are amazing to look at! (1st three are my favs)

8. JohnStartop

JohnStartop There will only be one.

What's "genuine" itself is a subjective question.
    Are you asking if they're objectively good? Some of them are, but overall, they're mediocre.
    Anyone who argues that they're objectively good probably gives a personal argument why, which in itself is biased.
    If you remove all personal connections and projections you have for the work done, it's not very good work done.

9. ILoveMiatas

ILoveMiatas certified banger

Ebay:
    2007 was fun, ROTF was why did I watch this, DOTM was okay just take away the stupid girlfriend, AOE was pretty ok except you need to remove the stupid love story. TLK = END ME WHY DOES THIS EXIST!

10. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    I loved all 6 movies (Even Last Knight) and will defend my love for them all to the death.

And I’m glad there’s others who are in the same boat. :D 

• Like Like x 2
  11. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I enjoyed watching all 5 of them and still rewatch them on occasion. They have their issues...as do pretty much all movies...but I found more to enjoy than to be annoyed by in each one. So much so that I admit I would like to see them wrap up the Unicron story arc. I am convinced that they could do it well with a better set of writers working on the project.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    I loved 1 and 3 geniunely, 2 and 4 as guilty pleasures, and 5 to laugh at like The Room

• Like Like x 1
  13. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel like nowadays around this forum it's considered taboo to say anything positive about the old films.

• Like Like x 6
  14. herugrim

herugrim N/A

Ebay:
    As someone who grew up on the original cartoon and has followed the franchise through every iteration I can say with absolute certainty that I do like all five films (haven't watch 'Bee yet).

When I first heard about a live action transformers film, what we got was exactly what I expected. I never thought they would, or should, bring back those simplistic boxy designs of the original show. I liked old school transformers but I recognize how dated those designs are. I also didn't expect much from the plot because 1. it's a film about giant alien robots fighting a war on earth while disguised as cars and fighter planes and 2. it's Hollywood they would never take something like this seriously to start with and they probably shouldn't.

Transformers shouldn't be Shakespeare. One of the reasons I wasn't able to get into IDW G1 despite years of trying was because it told transformers like some kind of classic opera. Panels full of flavor text loaded with drama and with minimal action, focusing on politics or space exploration instead. I don't want my giant robots reenacting The Grapes of Wrath, I want something fun. I want explosions, I want jokes, and most importantly for the love of Primus I want something to actually happen instead of characters talking about doing things without actually doing things.

They aren't perfect of course, nothing is. And I think the fandom is far too obsessed with negativity regarding it. I've been arguing with people on these forums for a very long time because they can't talk about anything without taking a minute to urinate on the films. There's a difference between not liking something and actively campaigning against it 24-7. I didn't like Animated but I didn't and don't float around the animated forums just to complain. I don't bring it up in every single conversation just to complain. I watched it once, I won't watch it again or collect the figures. I have made my judgment and moved on with my life.

The films are a ton of fun and that's all I ever wanted from a live action series about giant alien robots fighting an interstellar war.

• Like Like x 6
  15. PaxStarkist

PaxStarkist BAY-TALITY

I share very similar opinions about the 1st 3 films
    if You come onto them with low expectations, they're not bad
    sure some of the humor is kinda groan worthy, but I tend to look
    past that shit and pay attention to the moments I like.

16. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Okay, now that Bumblebee, the movie I really wanted, exists, I'm ready to admit that the previous films aren't really good. I do still enjoy them despite their problems, except maybe AOE. It was to me what The Last Knight was to literally every other human being on the planet.

• Like Like x 1
  17. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Finally saw Bumblebee tonight. It was my least favorite Transformers movie. As i feared, it was pretty much ET. The Cybertron battle looked too cartoony to me and there was too little action in the rest of the movie. It didn't have bad parts like RotF and TLK, but it didn't have many good parts either. And the good parts weren't as good as the other movies, which were much more exciting.
    Here's how I rank them:
    1. DotM (All time favorite movie)
    2. AoE
    3. 2007 movie
    4. RotF ( Would have been great without the twins and wheelie)
    5. TLK ( First TF movie I disliked )
    6. Bumblebee (I was glad to see a return to more transformation effects, but too boring)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  18. Queen Prime

Queen Prime Eliza Prime

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I LOVE BAYVERSE!❤️

YES!!!!! I am with ya, mate!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  19. justframbo

justframbo Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that if the question is about liking the series then the responses aren't going to be objective.

• Like Like x 1
  20. MilukPrime

MilukPrime Well-Known Member

Despite Tearing into these movies. I still love them. Even with all the dumb moments. I still love them. There's just something about these movies (even the last knight) that i just can't hate.

Sure, They aren't the best but they're not the worst things in the world either.

• Like Like x 2