Who else genuinely likes the movies?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jetstorm, Oct 1, 2017.

1. theswimmer06

theswimmer06 Well-Known Member

One of my favorite film series though 1,3, and 4 gets the front seats in my bus.

Flaws aside, it's not too late to expand storywise and reach their full potential.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sam's_Bee

Sam's_Bee College Autobot

Love them,they are what got me interested in the brand. Didn't have many of the G1 toys except one.Didnt grow up watching any of the shows.

The film's with all their flaws are a love letter to my childhood self. My two favorite characters brought to life as kid me imagined(Optimus and Bumblebee). Real world realism not animation.

As an adult, I can collect the tie in merch with gusto. To even have a collection,couldn't do that as a kid. Have made friends in the fandom,I'd otherwise never would have met. Love the film's,ignoring the haters.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    I enjoy them. I like first 3 better than the last 2.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon Show them who the boss, yo!

News Credits:
    The land which may or may not be enchanting (NM)
    I have a soft spot for them for nostalgic reasons even though I admit that they're not very good films. The first few movies were a big reason why I loved the TF franchise so much.

5. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    @Livingdeaddan
    Нас мало, но мы в тельняшках;) 

I think, you know, that I'm ALWAYS will be with Movie Transformers! Yes, I can't reconcile with TLK (mostly because of continuity errors), but TRANSFORMERS MOVIES RAISED ME UP. They made me who I am now. Everything I have and want in my life is because of TF Movies or because of inspiration they give me! I think, the 4 of them are not only brilliant Movies they are an amazing piece of new, 21th century philosophy. The life is a fight, never give up, never fall, or this world will die, without you, without your efforts and unique soul:buttrock  The Universe is inside everyone's soul. The mighty Cybertronians can be fragile and need help and an ordinary teenager or a Texan scamper can save everyone, if they will HEAR the heart. The love, trust and sincerity, honor and justice can save the world, and weapon and technologies are powerless or even dangerous without them.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    You know I don't think they are the worst films. I mean you can thank the 2007 movie for sucking me into the franchise.

As bad films, they still do a lot right compared to other movies.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I "genuinely" like 1 and 3. The others not so much.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    I can't read that, it's a cyrillic alphabet, it's like all the buttons you don't use on a calculator!!

• Like Like x 5
  9. DarkEnergon22

DarkEnergon22 Well-Known Member

They're excellent movies.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Gotta get to sleep somehow...

News Credits:
    If I can try to be serious for a few seconds... TF1 probably gets a free pass somewhere into my top20, mainly because "Transformers!" It is a movie I can rewatch, and it does capture that kids in me that waited 20 years for a live action TF movie.

The others don't really fair so well, in AOE which is probably my second favorite, is probably in the top 60 somewhere...

Just remember, it's ok to like them! ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Sparkling Silver Wing

Instagram:
    TF1 bought me into the fandom as a whole; while I watched cartoons before as a kid it was always random eps on TV and I didn't care for it much.
    But Blackout's transformation and attack made such a huge impression on my young mind (THIS IS AWESOME), I rewatched the movie so many times, talked about it with my friends, and was so hyped for ROTF-which I also like.
    At the time I didn't have fast net-I didn't get one until after DOTM-so I wasn't aware of the huge hate the movies get. And even now that I know, and I recognize the flaws, I still enjoy it. I'll stay with this until they decide to end the bayverse.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love them all (to varying degrees). I pretty much only collect movieverse at this point and its become my favorite TF continuity.

• Like Like x 1
  13. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I love most except for TLK. I *like* it. The films are what got me into transformers in the first place and they're awesome action flicks. The plots can be paper thin but it wasn't trying to be like Marvel to begin with so I forgive it for that. TLK could've been way better but here's hoping what comes next lives up to the previous 4.

14. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Your story is similar to mine - I also got in TFs only with Movies and still love only Movies! I got normal internet and learned english enough only in 2011, when I fully joined TFW. I was frustrated that Movies are so blamed by TF FANS!... It still makes me sad and I can't fully understand it even now. Many people, who love Movies, constantly say about flaws. But, damn, they are so tiny! And many of them aren't flaws at all, if you look from another angle. For example, Sam's mom. Oh my God, she is so annoying, but she is just a copy of my mom:lol  Leo is annoying, but if you lived in dormitory, you know, your neighbors are ALWAYS ANNOYING!!! :mad: :lol  For me 1-4 TF Movies are ideal TF Movies (and ideal big budget hollywood movies!) as they can be:buttrock 

15. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The first TF is still a guilty pleasure. I still say, I will give Bay props for the film, though I still believe that Spielberg shepherded most of the 'boy and his car' storyline, as there's just too much emotion there for me to believe Bay knew what he was doing.

I still remember when Bee is captured, and thinking: "...is a Bay film actually making me...feel, feelings?"

Even DOTM and AoE had moments of genuine emotion. DOTM really showed real stakes when we see humans 'vaporized' by Decepticons, let alone when Sentinel is willing to kill Optimus, and executes Ironhide. AoE though, I think makes Ratchet's death the most brutal. I remember gasping when they blew off his leg, and he's hobbling, calling for a cease fire.

Though that line of "then why are you running," I just hate with a vengeance. I'm thinking, "Really? You guys didn't try to talk him out, you sete explosives, shot ammunition at him, and you expected him to just sit there and get blasted? Though then when they just let into Ratchet and you see pieces of him falling off...well...:( 

16. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i love all 5 films!

17. sladeprime

sladeprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love the 1st 3. specially the 2007. until the tad bit robot designs took over.

18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    The only one of the original three i enjoyed was ROTF.
    But i really liked how they said fuck to geewun with AOE and TLK and did something original.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    It would be cool if Sideways came back in the sequel to TLK as an avatar for Unicron.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Wandering aimlessly in California as a VW Bug
    YOU'RE LOOKING AT A BONAFIDE MOVIE FAN RIGHT HERE!!!!

• Like Like x 1