who else felt... irritated

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Jul 30, 2009.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, a friend and I were discussing this, and we came to the conclusion that bay dumping primes body on the air base after the forest fight was both 1) a disgrace to the character, but also 2) to show how cruel humanity can be to those who help but could turn to a threat and how we as a race can turn on those who help if we feel they can become a threat even though that person or race of people has helped tremendously. So my main question is did it make you upset to see primes bady fall from the chopper and just be dumped, or was it a justified scene?

2. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    well I was like "oh so they dropped him now?" but yeah I believed it was justified in the sense that it wasn't going to hurt him more since he was dead and the fact that he is 10 tons of metal so they figured it wouldn't do much damage anyways.

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I felt it was a HUGE dick move. It said to me that the pilot of that helicoptor was not NEST team member, they know and respect the Autobots. It works as a contrast to the reverent treatment (as is befitting) of the soldiers killed in the Shanghai skirmish.

But yeah, HUGE dick move that seems callous and cruel for no good reason.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Yeah, i felt a bit uncomfortable seeing one of my favorite characters being treated kinda poorly after death, but with all the shit N.E.S.T. had to deal with (Megatron, Decepticons, the Fallen, the Government) I can see why they didn't have the time to do anything proper.

5. PurpleOptics

PurpleOptics Autobubblicious

That irritated me to the point of being pissed off at it. The way I saw it, it was disrespect. Total disrespect. There isn't a person alive who can convince me that there's a good reason why they couldn't have gotten lower to the ground.

6. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

when i saw it w/ my dad even he said (sarcastically) "well, dont set him down gently"

but maybe it was to show how dead he really was. but when i first saw it i wasnt irritated but more sad that prime died.

wait, so they carried prime all the way from the forest to nest head quarters by helicopter?
    guy: wtf was that helicopter carrying?
    government guy: nothing, dont worry about it. it was a movie prop for a straight to dvd movie, youll probally never see it. dont worry about it. *shifty eyes*

7. cnic

cnic Decepticon

It hurt the ground more than it hurt Prime.

8. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Though some people say to me its 'dramatic effect', it doesn't really cut it.
    Its like they think he's just scrap metal. As has been said, the NEST members respect and treat the Autobots like humans.
    I would have liked to see him roll off a Hercules draped in an Autobot flag with rows of saluting soldiers and surrounded by Autobots.

The helicopter pilot either didn't have the same respect or forgot what exactly he was carrying. Oh, its only a robot - clunk!
    Many people may not have gotten past the 'its a robot' mentality, even in NEST, perhaps thats the reason? Still, I'm convinced the scene could have been handled better.

9. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Just another one of those problems that could have been so easily fixed/avoided if only the people making the movie had been watching the movie as they made it.

10. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

It didn't piss me off, but my first thought was: "Well...That's kind of cold."
    But then as the scene played out you do get the feeling that it was because the dickish G-man was in charge now.
    But then again, he wasn't the one in the helicopter, so it would suggest that it was the soldiers who had a beef as well. But then we see later that they are actually more then happy to rebel against the dickish G-man and go get Prime revived...Sooo...Yeah, it's a scene that just seems visualy cruel for the sake of being visually cruel.

I think that ends up bugging me more then anything else.

11. JasonHills

JasonHills Seeker

Dropping Prime like that was a harsh move.

12. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Why? Isn't it how they do it these days? Shoot, edit and retcon later with 'Director's Cuts'?

13. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I'm glad my friend and I aren't the only ones who found droping primes body was disrespectful to the character. Thanks for the input guys! Continue the convo, this is good stuff!

14. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

I was pissed too! my cousin was sitting beside me and he felt me tense and I yelled, "He just saved all your lives you ungrateful assholes!" well, I didnt say assholes cuz my dad was sitting on the other side of me.

15. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I felt the same way.

16. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I hope I'm reading this thread incorrectly. I mean you guys aren't actually faulting the movie over this right?

It's obvious that one of the assholes under Galloway's command (and NOT a member of N.E.S.T.) dropped Prime. I agree it was dis-respectful to my main man Prime, but it's to be expected from the people under that idiot Galloway's command. (You know, the guys we're supposed to hate, and this just gives us more reason to do so ;)  )

17. JasonHills

JasonHills Seeker

No I don't dislike the film for it, I loved every minute of the film it was awesome, I just thought the people that just dropped him were harsh that's all.

18. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was explained in the novel. The carrier craft tried to set him down gently but the strong wind made it impossible to do.

I agree it sucked for that to happen but it was out of their control. What really bugged me was when Galloway called Prime a scrap "heap".

jD001

19. PurpleOptics

PurpleOptics Autobubblicious

Nope, not all by itself. This is only one thing I took issue with.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked it, I mean not the action per-se but how it added to the mood of Humans vs. Autobots in the scene.