Who Else Feels Like Transformers Prime Megs and Optimus are Becoming the Best Ever?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Mar 4, 2012.

?

Are Transformers Prime Megs and Optimus becoming your favorite versions of them?

1. Yes.

49 vote(s)
    44.5%
  2. No.

24 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Optimus is the best version of the character but not Megs.

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  4. Megs is the best version of the character but not Optimus.

35 vote(s)
    31.8%
  1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    After the entire show especially Orion Pax part 3, I'm starting to feel like Optimus and Megs from TF Prime are quickly becoming my favorite versions of the characters.

Let me say that I was a kid in the 80's and I grew up with G1. I LOVE G1 OPTIMUS and MEGATRON. But, the Prime versions of the characters are on the fast track to becoming my favorites.

What do you think??

2. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

Are you on drugs? Or is that just the energon?

No I'm just kidding. Um they are really good but I am still a little attached to the G1 Optimsu other than the Prime one. In G1 he was a little more entertaining. But Prime Megatron is defiantly an improvement. He is one of my favs :) 

3. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I preferred the Animated incarnations of them.

I don't like Optimus Prime that much in this show. He's too boring. I think the only characters done in this show that I like more than other versions are Soundwave and Starscream. Possibly Bulkhead too because clumsy Bulkhead annoyed me sometimes.

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Optimus still has a way to go in terms of character but still he has his awsome moments!:thumb 

Megatron is fastly becoming my favourite version of the character since the BW Megatron.

5. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    I grew up in the 80's and I LOVE G1 but the latest versions of Optimus and Megs are far batter IMO.

6. exoduselita

exoduselita CHRIS HUMPHRIES!!!!

Well it is your opinion even if I half agree :D 

7. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Prime Megs is most definitely my favorite, but I feel Animated and Beast Wars Optimus were both much fun, believable, and deeper characters than Prime Prime.

8. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Hahhahha, when I first read the topic I thought it read:
    "Who Else Feels Like Transformers Prime Megs and Optimus are Becoming the Best Friends Ever?"

I was very confused, and though this was a dumb thread. Good job for not actually posting that.

P.S. I voted the last option, best Megs, not quite best Optimus.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    No to both. TFA Megs and BW Optimus remain my favorite versions of each character.

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, both are still far behind the Animated and Beast Wars/Machines portrayals of the characters.

11. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Megatron is pretty good, I like a lot of his dialogue ("So this is where the magic happens...") and he's pretty fierce. But him failing to kill any of the 3 Autobots when he had the chance in Orion Pax 3 was a huge mistake and compared to the affably evil BW Megs, the constantly changing movie Megs, and the cold, calculating Animated Megs, he's got tough competition and I don't think he makes the cut.

Optimus was interesting in Stronger, Faster, where we get to see some of his thought process towards situations, but he lacks any of the strong traits of the other Optimus' and has no really good original ones.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love Prime Megatron. He just got everything that I ever associated with Megatron right, from design to voice to personality, everytime I THINK Megatron I think of him.

Optimus however? Sorry but no, that position will always belong to BW Optimus and TFA Optimus, those kind of leaders are more fun to have around, you can care about them more because they aren't at the top of the ladder, they still have to get there and that is far more compelling than any G1-Style Optimus will ever be.

Though out of all the BIG FLAWLESS LEADER PRIMES around he is probably the better one, he actualy shows why everybody looks up to him. Stuff like dealing with Skyquake/Unicron and how even as Orion he was still the selfless idealist go a long way of making he seem as respectful as he is.

13. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I personally didn't count BW Megatron or Optimus. I mean, considering we are considering them completely separate in order to get them into HOF, I wasn't counting them at all as possible candidates for the best versions for Megs and Optimus. If we took BW into account, I would say no, neither of them are the best.

14. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I think TFP Megatron is the better of the two. TFP Optimus Prime still lacks what made Animated Prime and BW Optimus Primal great to me. TFP Megatron to me is about a season away from reaching the Animated and BW/BM Megatron level.

15. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Assuming that BW/M Optimus and Megatron can get lumped in with the other eras' OPs and Megses... I'd say they rate higher than their Prime counterparts.

Overall, I'd have to say my favorites are TFA Megatron and G1 Optimus.

Prime Prime is like the Teddy Ruxpin version of G1 Prime.

16. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

Well, I like the fierce warlord Megatron a whole lot, but I prefer the calculating mastermind Megatron from Beast Wars more. Overall, I think it would be cool if they created a mix of the fierce killer Megatron in Prime with the Evil Mastermind Megatron of Beast Wars.

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'd say the Prime incarnations are becoming my favorite versions. Though BW Megatron is very good, I must say. The more BW I watch, the more I like him.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Megatron is not the best, but he's up there with 'em. He suffers from bad dialogue and spending too much time not visibly doing anything. But the personality is right.

Optimus makes me want to pass out he's so aggressively boring. His voice is boring, his personality doesn't exist, his backstory is same old bland boring blah. The only thing not boring is his design. It's really painful watching somebody so boring after what a great personality he was in Animated.

19. GrimlockAutobot

News Credits:
    I can't say that I agree with anything that you've said in this post but, I respect your opinion.

As far as Optimus' voice goes, that is far and away the main thing they got right with his character IMO.

He is voiced by the man who was born to portray him....it doesn't get any better than that.

20. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Favourite Megatron, Optimus is lacking taste though.