Who else aside Armada Hot Shot deserves a do-over over for the 25th Anniversary?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    G1 Scorponok-Arguably the most popular triple changer, the original also had a lot of playability. Sure we had the Energon version, but it wasn't an updated G1 version, it was a version from another continuity.

2. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

G1 Ironhide should be redone he has like no head

3. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Well, we are getting a Classics version, which has a head, and he does count as a do-over.

4. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    He pretty much transforms exactly the same as he did in G1...
    DN

5. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    But he isn't an updated version of the character from G1, which most of the Classics/universe figures are.

6. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Universe Mindwipe would also own. He was the coolest small Decepticon Headmaster.

7. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

I likes how u thinks dood!

8. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Armada Hotshot: For one, the color scheme is yuck and undetailed. He could be bigger for one with better articulation. Don't have the original toy though.

Armada Optimus Prime: This big guy is great and all, but the lack fo articulation is what "knocks" him down in size. He's essentially a brick in supermode kind of like Powermasters Prime, literally. What would help is articulation ideas from Armada bendy Prime and convert some of that articulation into the larger toy. He also has big gold or grey fists (powerlinx version) sticking out of the rear of his truck. The wrist components are translucent, so they're easily lost which should have been painted grey or chrome for a better chance to get a view of them.

Armada Megatron: NO KNEE JOINTS GAH!!!!!

Movie '07 Blackout: It's easy to explain. If he was a supreme with electronics and auto-spinning rotots, this toy would totally rock. Instead Hasbro launched the smaller yet puny Voyager class version which is cool but lacking in respects.

Energon Jetfire: From what I can see, he has no neck or rotating head, he also looks a bit funny and he could use a few more gimmicks. Primarily the head is a big problem for me.

Cybertron Jetfire: Great jet mode really, but his robot mode is kind of lacking and jet quite unstable. He has a huge backpack which makes him tip over easily, worse of all his feet are chunky but his toes are so small and bendable it's impossible to give him a stance position without posing him first. Another big problem I have with this figure is the ridiculous attempt to form a launching missile. They should have formed a rifle, with a gun barrel with a much smaller translucant missile to fire from the barrel, rather than making the barrel the missile. One of my bigger problems with this figure is with the enormous hole at the side of his chest. If that was fixed, and if he had a more satisfying gimmick with better sounds like Wing Saber. This figure would probably be on the same level as Armada and Classics Jetfire.

Anyone thinking of a complete redo of Armada Sideswipe?

9. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    We need G1 female Autobots and Maybe need a remade of Shockwave to more like his cartoon countpart.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    See that I don't get. Sure, his figure isn't canonically placed in the G1 universe, but he's one hell of a homage. He transforms exactly the same as G1 Scorpy (nix the none scorpion mode and what not), has the exact same color scheme pretty much, etc.

If Hasbro isn't going to do a Universe Soundwave b/c they think the reissue is good enough, I doubt we'll see ANOTHER Scorponok when the Energon version is pretty much exactly what you guys are asking for. Updated G1 character with newly stylized alt mode for the new millenium and original looking paint scheme.
    DN

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Small Headmaster? Mindwipe was one of the standard ones, with Skullcruncher and Weirdwolf. Squeezeplay, Horri-Bull and Fangry were the small ones.

12. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    great thread! Here's my :2c: 

G1 - TRAILBREAKER, JAZZ and KUP top the list. Brawn (we'll see how well the legends figure looks) Insecticons, Blitzwing and Gears. Also, since the figures mentioned at Botcon will all come with partners (HotShot, Hound and Cyclonus) I could EASILY see a Headmaster on the way. My vote, Hardhead. He was one of the only headmasters I owned as a kid and had a BFG.

BW - Dinobot! Easy

BM - THE WHOLE DAMN LINE REDONE AND TO SCALE. I loved the action and designs in that show and the toys just killed me. If I had to pick one character. Silverbolt or Obsidian

Armada - I don't want Starscream, Scavenger needs a redo way more. I would love this.. drool

Energon - I just want Omega Supreme in g1 colors please

Cybertron - Metroplex in g1 colors :) 

now, get cracking Hasbro

13. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    No the color scheme was pastel and not as good. Sure its an homage, but what Starscream, Prime, and Megatron wasn't an homage to G1 in the Armada trilogy?

We got Cybertron Prime, which is one hell of an awesome figure, and then we got Classics Prime. I see no reason why we can't get a Classics/Universe Scorponok.

14. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Agreed!

15. butz

butz slippery when wet

Call me crazy, but I'd like for a G1 Scorpinok update to have Zarak headmaster, scorpion legs in scorpion mode, and hell, even a city mode. The Energon one is nice, and if they tweaked the colors, I personally would use it as a Classics Scorpy, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't try a proper update.
    This whole mentality of "it was homaged in AEC, so it doesn't need a Classics figure" annoys the hell out of me. I mean, what, maybe we shouldn't update anybody from G1? they all had figures back in the 80's so that should be good enough. Fuck that. Use them as stand ins if you want (hell, I do that sometimes) but don't tell me an AEC figure rules out a character getting an update in Classics. Its a different line, different continuity, and unless the other-line counterpart is gonna still be on the shelf (Animated figures vs. 2.0 for example) it's no reason to hold back.
    On the other side of things, some characters are below Hasbro's interest of updating with a new mold. If Scorpy is somebody that Hasbro has no interest in ever doing, a repaint of an existing figure (likely the Energon figure) might be our only hope.

16. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Why would ipod SW be expensive? All they need to do is gut the electronics, and bingo, instant Classics Soundwave!

Yeah, the size. Rhinox needs to be bigger, and have proper chain-guns-'o-doom!

17. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    Two Words:

God. Ginrai.

18. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    tryticon vs megatron as a collector's battle box.

19. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Agreed!
    They said something about a chip format at the con when asked the very same thing. I agree with you too, I don't see what a chip format has to do with anything if its going to be gutted.
    YOU

WIN

20. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

He didn't say an iPod Soundwave would be expensive. He said the existing MP3 version is expensive to import, given the cost of the fig itself and the shipping and such. And that the only "Classics" Soundwave we have otherwise is either the TRU reissue (which is a reissue, not Classic) and the Titanium (which is shite).

I agree a gutted MP3 version would make for a decent Classics version (though as I recall it's a Deluxe, and a Voyager would be far better suited), and at a more reasonable price. But that doesn't counter the point he was actually making.