Who else aside Armada Hot Shot deserves a do-over over for the 25th Anniversary?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Boy am I glad I never bought Armada Hot Shot! I didn't mind the character design, but the toy was a different story. Now that a new one is coming out, I am glad I waited! Anyways who else do you think deserves a do-over for the 25th anniversary? There are a lot of characters from the past few series that deserved better toys. Here is my list:

Armada Starscream-Character design, and even his characterization on the show were great. His alt mode was decent on the toy, but his robot mode, oh god! A better articulated version, with a sleeker alt mode would be great, so we can recreate the dynamic poses he had in the animation! This could also be released in his significant Thundercracker color scheme, the scheme he had when he was martyred in Armada.

Armada Optimus Prime-Hot under the heels of fan favorite RID Optimus Prime came this brick with lost potential who was shafted hardcore for gimmicks. The main thing this mold lacked, was articulation. The transforming trailer was neat, but overall, most of us could do without its auto transformation triggered by an IR sensor. Dissapointment at lack of articulation in both modes outweighed the excitement of the electronic gimmick. A remade version, with the poseability of deluxe Armada Prime in regular robot mode, the articulation of RID Prime in Super Robot mode sans IR sensor/auto transformation trailer gimmick, and removable matrix in chamber would be an excellent addition to the line. Could be repainted in Powerlinx colors....but this time, the Micron Legend color scheme(darker, same one in Dreamwave adaptation)!

Armada Megatron-The original toy looked great in both modes, but could lacked useful leg articulation. A cleaner alt mode, and more articulated robot mode without as much neon colors would be a great counterpart to redone Armada Prime. This is one of the more powerful looking Megatrons that was sadly shafted with regards to articulation. Could be repainted in Armada Galvatron colors.

Beast Wars Dinobot-Great character, I actually preferred the toy's head over the animation models' toothed grimace. The toy lacked solid connections for his shoulders to torso, and due to that suffered. More show accurate proportions would be great, as well as less obvious features in raptor mode. The tail spinning gimmick isn't necessary either, a free spinning drill sword could do.

Beast Machines Dragon Megatron-Compared to TM2 Megatron, this guy utterly sucked. A show accurate version could rival TM2 Megatron as the best red dragon Beast Wars continuity Megatron ever.

Energon Starscream-As much as a lot of you loved this figure, I was dissapointed. It was based on G2 Smokescreen but was nowhere near as sleek in alt mode, and articulation in robot mode was worse. Bicep articulation(important for swordsman) was hindered depending on the angle the shoulders were swiveled outwards. The alt mode was compromised so much. Based on an F-22, but even movie Starscream looked more like an F-22. A new version, with a alt mode more reminscent of an F-22, with unhindered bicep swivels, sleeker proportions in alt mode, and better landing gear could give us the best F-22 Transformer ever, and both an Energon version and something close to EJ Su's F-22 Starscream/Seeker designs from the IDW books. Maybe the first version would be Energon Starscream, and the next 3 repaints as the IDW seekers?

So post your candidates for do-overs!

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'd like to see popular characters from all the generations redone (aside from those that are being redone in Classics/Universe).

RID Scourge maybe... Sky Byte... G1/RID Bludgeon (PICK THIS ONE, HASBRO!)...

Yeah, definitely Bludgeon.

3. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod Larzzing on twitter!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMO I would love to see a armada blurr, one of my favorite characters from armada. But all you would need to do to make armada screamer more awesome is have is HUGE back kibble fold down and put his legs on ball joints.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

I agree on the Armada figures, but think there should be more Beast Wars and Beast Machines do-overs too. I'd have a hard time narrowing down who (definitely Dinobot though) but they should try to stick with pre-Transmetals. Perhaps Megatron would be an excetption though: as his original form from the show was already updated with the BW 10th figure, I'd suggest an ultra-sized update of his TM2/dragon form. This could also account for a BM Megatron too (as he initially retained his TM2 body for Beast Machines- would just need to have that weird harness attach to him).
    For Beast Machines, they definitely need to do a smaller Rattrap and a larger, likely ultra-sized version of Tankor. Anybody else beyond that would be awesome.

5. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    You forgot the arms man, the arms! The leg problem is definitely solved with ball jointed hips or universal movement hips, like on G2 Laser Prime, but Armada Starscream's arms SUCKED. You need those suckers completely redesigned, not attached vertically where the shoulders were under the wing. Those would be better off mounting somehow to the sides of the torso/chest in robot mode, maybe a configuration similar to Cybertron Jetfire. Oh, and the swords/wings too! Maybe this time around, both wings can turn into swords, but much thinner! The original had wings as thick as crayola crayons!

I thought of some more:

G2 Green Tank MegatronGive us ball jointed/universal movement in the shoulders and hips, full articulation in general, no neon, and we have a definitive G2 green tank Megatron. Combine it with design influence from the IDW tank Megatron by EJ Su, and a repaint in G1 Megatron colors could be used as a stand in for the IDW Infiltration Megatron.
    True, but I am forgetting who at the moment.

Night-Slash or Beast Machines Cheetor-The originals were so plain looking.

RID Spychanger/Car Robot Ninja brothers-Considering that these guys were interesting and important in the cartoon, and that their toys were G2 repainted bricks, they definitely deserve do-overs. I would not mind seeing them as fully articulated basic figures, packed together in a voyager box. Simple transformations, ball joints everywhere, clear plastic repaints; whats not to like about this?

Beast Machines Optimus Primal-The only accurate one was TRU exclusive, and even then had an immobile bicep on one arm. A new voyager one would be nice.

6. butz

butz slippery when wet

It would also help if the edge of his wing-sword wasn't so thick that it looked like a club.

7. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For Armada, Tidalwave would be my top pick. Articulated knees would be great. That was such a great figure, no bendable knees was its primary fault.

8. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Beast Machines Thrust would be cool, since the O.G. version was hardly show-accurate, and the Motorcycle Drone was too small to pass as a good enough substitute.

9. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see BW Terrorsaur, mine has Weak Knee Syndrome and they really could have done more with the wings. Bludgeon would be cool also.

10. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

They'll do the exact opposite of whatever I want! So that means we're gonna be getting a deluxe Overlord & a supreme Wheelie!

Friggin Hasbro!:mad 

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

If they could take a similar approach to a deluxe sized BM Thrust that they did with the Motorcycle drone it'd be awesome (obviously certain things, like the "hands" and colors would have to be different, but you get the idea).

I second this notion! The original was WAY too small (not just based off his portrayal on the show either; his toy just looks ridiculously tiny next to the other BW figures). Deluxe sized, conceal the wings better, etc. I actualy think he may be more in need of an update than even BW Dinobot, and Dinobot needs one bad :lol 

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Bludgeon (and Thunderwing... and Star Saber/Deszaras) is definitely near the top of my list of "most wanted new molds of old characters"

13. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Whoa, totally forgot.........

GOD GINRAI/Powermaster Prime before anyone corrects me otherwise which oft happens-Leader sized, or Supreme, which ever. Now this solves the problem of Prime not having a trailer(yes yes yes before anyone tells me he is Optimus Prime, I don't care, I like God Ginrai in Masterforce), and gives us a combining gimmick that the original figure started! What this guy needs is full articulation in both modes, sleeker proportions in combined robot mode, and God Bomber needs more articulation too, and no hollow limbs. Honestly, I can do with just Super Ginrai/Power Master Prime sans God Bomber. That will make it easier to do a Leader size figure. Leader size without God Bomber, Supreme with. 25th Anniversary G1 Prime's reissue is coming november, by november of next year, a redone God Ginrai/Power Master Prime could doulbe as "25th Anniversary G1 Prime modernized". If the regular Ginrai/Prime sans armor is based on Su's IDW design, then BAM we have IDW Prime as well, that can fit in with Universe Prowl, Ironhide, Sunstreaker, Bluestreak, and Sideswipe! This takes care of 3 things at once since it gives us:

-modernized G1 design
    -The first combining Prime design, this time with full articulation
    -toy version of present IDW Prime incarnation

This would be a perfect complement to the November reissue, and already gives Takara a Henkei God Ginrai.

Hell to make the trailer compatible with the existing classics Voyager Prime, just give us a universal hitch attachment point.

14. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    Beast Wars Tarantulus, Blacharachnia *Cant happen but would be nice* and Waspinator.

Powermaster Prime

Kup

REAL Ultra Magnus (Tit was unfindable)

Shockwave

15. Commander Cold

Commander Cold Banned

TM2 Megs would be the absolute best. Redo his bot mode completely. Have him as an Ultra.

16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Armada Demolisher. More articulation. Have got almost all the toy repaints for him (I think 4) & enjoyed his character on the show.

17. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

Yeah, Terrosaur was pathetic. Therefore, I would also like a Rattrap, Airrazor, and a TIGATRON THAT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A TIGER!!!!

Also: Gestalts. C'mon. You know You want to.

Citybots, Headmasters, Target masters, I'm a sucker for combining things.

18. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind to see an updated G2 Megatron painted in a color scheme that's forest camo and NOT that God awful bright green/purple getup.

Also, an updated G2 Laser Prime with an appropriate G1 color scheme would rule. (Honestly, I hate the colors they chose for him. Seriously, what psychedelic drugs were the color guys on when picking paint schemes for the G2 line in general?).

19. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Energon Downshift-So close, yet so far! Ditch the combining gimmick, give him full articulation, and you have a great figure.

Energon Rodimus-Same as said for Energon Downshift.

Titanium Rodimus-ditch the metal, more importantly, let the TF team design this.

TM2 Cheetor-Maybe he was show accurate, but this feral version was ugly!

BW Ravage-Repaint the new Cheetor but give him the panther head for the robot head.

20. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Do overs? Ironhide and Ratchet are 24 years over due for do overs!