Who does not have/collect TF toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jamspeed, Jan 8, 2010.

1. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    Just wondering how many people are in it just for the movies, comics and/or tv. Seems like most of us are in it for the toys, but occasionally I see members that list in the info they have none or sold all their TFs. I know there are various reasons why one would have no toys, I myself didn't start collecting until early 2000's when Star Wars got me then Classics/Alternators pulled me into TFs.

So... who has the strength to resist the plastic crack! What do you enjoy most about TF if not the toys?

2. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I DO buy the toys (I'm slightly obsessed with expanding my Classics/Universe/Henkei armies of G1 goodness).
    However I would rather give it up than giving up the media.
    So I'm mainly in it for the Cartoons and Comics (and movies to a lesser extent).

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I usually don't give a shit about the media at all (cartoons, comics, etc) so I guess I'm the complete opposite. All I care about are the toys.

4. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to in it only for the media. Back in the day I was only into the comics and cartoon and as for figures, I just wanted to find a good G1 Prime and Megatron for display/nostalgia purposes and that was it. Then I started coming to this site, and seeing some of the cool collections here made me want to start my own. First it was just getting the complete season 1 and 2 G1 characters, then it was Alternators, and Masterpiece, then a few good homages in various main lines, then Classics.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I rarely buy any of the toys, maybe one or two a year at most. I dunno, I guess I just don't really think I have the money, time, or space to really focus on purchasing them.

6. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    For me, its all about the toys. The only exception being the G1 cartoon, thats my favorite out of all TF media. Been collecting a bit of reissues lately and it really brings back a lot of memories from my youth. My cousins had ALL of them! Myself then, I had little to none, which is why I collect them now I'm sure.

The Alternator Line from early 2000 is what grabbed me back into the TF world. Then the MP, then Classics, Movie etc...

Its a hard habbit to kick!

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I guess I'm more into the media than the toys these days. Of couse, that'll probably change if Universe makes a strong comeback.

8. jamspeed

jamspeed is so beast!

Ebay:
    LOL yep, I think you, me and a ton of other fans have gotten hooked on all the cool TF product out there. Damn you TFW2005!!!!!!

9. NSP

NSP Trust Me!

Ebay:
    Im all about the toys! :)  But I still do love/watch the G1 cartoon!

NSP

10. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Love toys love media! What's not to love! but uh if you don't like the toys then RUN! RUN from the site before it's to late! lol

11. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

I love all of it.

12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    With me these days I mainly go for what I like when it comes to toys. I mainly go for all the beast TF if I can. The vehicle TF's I just only get if I like the look. Alot of the times I skip over the big names. I have no issues walking by another Prime, Starscream, or Megatron for somebody like Hound or Dune Runner from ROTF. The only Optimus that I'll buy without a second thought would be Primal. Same goes with the Predacon leader Megatron.

The media is off an on for me. BW, BM, RID, and Animated is the only series I watch from start to finish. The only TF movie I've seen been the G1 movie, the newer ones I havent even seen. Now if there were to be a BW movie, I'll camp out weeks in advance to see that.

As for comics, I dont own any at all. For me it goes down to most book objects. Why read something while I can watch it? If I want to see TF, I watch a show. That way I can hear the voices and feel a stronger connection with a figure.

As for TF shirts, hats, ect, I wont be wearing anything with an Autobot or Decepticon logos on it. I didnt grow up with them. I would wear something with the Maximal or Predacon logos or something else about BW instead.

13. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

i hate transformers. i only buy the toys to give my seething, all-consuming loathing a focus.

14. Dogcatcher2009

Dogcatcher2009 Well-Known Member

I don't collect much, as witnessed by my grand total of seven, no, eight TFs. I really enjoy the G1 videos, the movies, and of course the TFW2005 board.

15. SR_501

SR_501 Well-Known Member

I do both, Like the movies,comics,cartoons, and toys. The only thing is I buy the toys that I have an Interesting back story or that I like in the cannon.

16. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

me to bro!!

Yeah me too for the mostpart, I don'tlike the movie toys to much, I like the new ongoing comic thats the only new media I'm into right now.

Easy answer.

17. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I like the movies, but I don't collect it's toy line. Animated as a cartoon was okay at best in my eyes, but again I didn't/don't collect it's toy line.

"Classics" and each incarnation that toy line takes is the only line I collect, though it technically doesn't have any outside medium.

I like the media. I like the toys. I just don't care for both of the same line.

18. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Mainly for the toys. I couldn't care if Michael Bay or whoever screws up the movie or anime/cartoon series.

19. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

I would say that as a whole I am into Transformers all around. I collect the comics, have a rapidly growing collection, and own the first two seasons of the G1 cartoon on dvd. I would have to say that the main reason I love Transformers and all of the media/propaganda surrounding them is the toy lines ending with Animated and starting with generation one. The movie toy line seems out of place to me, more like a walking nightmare of a toy line. Or Frankenstein, if you will.

I personally don't understand how someone could be into Transformers but not be into the toys. Not even one??!! And I'm not talking about a hundred or a thousand strong collection here, just a handful could never be enough for me.

End of Line

20. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    For me the toys and the media are one in the same. I only collect figures that appear on a show or movie.

This being said, I put more importance on the toy because if I didn't I would have fallen off during the dark years of A/E/C.

Thank God that the show came back to America and here is to hoping that Japan loves Animated SO MUCH that we get some unproduced figures from that series (I'm looking at you Omega Supreme)

Thanx
    Transbot90210