Who do you think should be a Wrecker?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Prime Noble, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Different series have given us new additions to the Wrecker's original lineup from the Marvel comics such as Scoop, Kup, Perceptor, Wheeljack and Bulkhead.

Who would you like to see join their ranks?

My suggestions:

G1 Repugnus. An overt psychopath who getes repeatedly kicked out then called back because of his willingness to perform horrible acts.

Marvel Carnivac. If the comics continued, I could see Springer reform the Wreckers and include the former Decepticon.

DW Sunstreaker and Sideswipe.

What do you guys think?

2. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Not a fan of the random new additions myself.

3. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    G2 Leadfoot. 3 guesses why, and the first 2 don't count.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    G1 Pointblank.

5. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Erector.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I know this won't be a popular answer, but nobody. I've just never gotten into the whole "wreckers" thing.

From what I understand though, the original concept was Springer with a bunch of characters that were otherwise toy only characters. It's like someone said, "Hey, we've got all these characters that have no fiction other than the bios. Let's put 'em in a comic. They're all a clean slate and we can do what we want with them." That in itself is pretty cool, I just never read the comic. So if you were gonna stick to that theme, you'd only add characters that were only toys and never were in the cartoon.

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I think this is a large part of what I dislike about the current Wreckersphiles. Putting guys like Perceptor, Wheeljack, and Bulkhead into a group of hardass obscurities really takes away the appeal of that group (and robs the group of giving character development to guys who could use it). Guys like Ironfist and Rotorstorm, though, were great additions.

8. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    So I guess we could add Erector then, right? He would fit the bill. Maybe if he became a Wrecker, they could mary-sue him right up like they did Drift and then it would no longer be a joke to get him in the HoF. It'd be legit. :D 

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i dont know much wrecker history so i probably have this all wrong, but i like the guys like springer, kup, perceptor, blurr, drift, hot rod, and ultra magnus in my "wreckers" group. i added hftd tomahawk and ill keep my eye open for other that fit the bill. maybe warpath. i think i woulda added the onslaught ultra size repaint, but i already have onslaught so ill pass.

[​IMG]

10. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

this makes sense. but, im looking at it as actually changing those characters to fit the bill of the wreckers lineup. so the blurr and perceptor characters in my head are real tough guys, thats why they are wreckers.

on a side note, g1 cartoon autobots had too many wimps for me. thats the story line im most familiar with.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I hate turning characters into "real tough guys" just for the sake of it. See Devcon from the 3H Wreckers comics for an example of that. When everyone is a tough-ass, it gets really boring because everyone has the same personality.

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I always felt Scattershot and maybe the rest of the technobots would fit with the wreckers really well, Computron maybe not so much though.

The dinobots would fit in but I don't really see them as joiners.

Maybe pretender landmine, at least think his charicter would love a shot at it.

Quickswitch, at least according to marvel he drinks in the same bar as them and was something of a ass kicker.

13. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Quickswitch, Skids, and Rapido would be my picks.

The Dinobots are already in a team. They're called "The Dinobots". :p 

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As someone who doesn't know much about the Wreckers I really like the concept. Having a group of near legendary ability adds to the lore of the fiction and lets me become more immersed in it. Last Stand of the Wreckers is on my "To Read" list.

So what I like in the form of the Wreckers is thus:
    Lead by Ultra Magnus
    Kup and Springer important figures
    Rodimus
    and several other lesser/unknown characters

15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

That was kinda my point, the 5 of them don't play well with others but they were a part of a larger sub team before, they were at the core of "earth force" once.

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Truth and truth. The "badassification" process is so tedious, and tends to undermine the variety inherent in the characters. This bugged me with Perceptor quite a bit, and to some degree even Kup, who went from "wily old coot" to "Sgt. Fury" (stealing Ironhide's gig) in one stroke. Don't even get me started on Blurr being in there.

Also, one advantage to a cast of obscures is that you can kill them off. ;) 

Or he might die horribly. :) 

Bang! These guys popped into my head immediately. Stubborn, dangerous, maladjusted psychos. If the Dinobots weren't already Dinobots... they'd be Wreckers. Scattershot should be the Wreckers new sergeant, and dispel the erroneous perception of the Technobots being a bunch of tech nerds once and for all.

Someone mentioned Repugnus, and I'd expand that to all 3 Monsterbots.

zmog

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

What about Sunstreaker and Protectorbot Blades ? Both are socipaths and almost Decepticons.

Dunno, but I always viewed the Wreckers as the Transformers version of "Suicide Squad". Those dudes who are almost borderline villains in their methods. Putting guys like Perceptor wich is a good guy with no flaws to speak of doesn´t strike me as right.

18. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Blades definitely (if he wasn't already part of a team). Sunstreaker probably wouldn't want to be a Wrecker. No audience in it for him. He likes to stand out.

Sideswipe would love it though. Remember his whole thing is fighting dirty, taking risks and breaking rules. :) 

zmog

19. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I´m also not oposed to the Wreckers receiving ex-Decepticons in their ranks. Decepticons who defect but still aren´t trusted by the Autobots. Blitzwing and Thundercracker would be two of my choices.

20. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exodus Prime...one of my own characters.