Who did the transformers landed on earth

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by daviddt, Dec 14, 2010.

1. daviddt

daviddt Well-Known Member

If the ship in the trailer is the Ark and if the ship in ROTF is the Nemesis, who did Optimus and the others like Jolt, Arcee, ... landed on Earth? Did they have a ship of their own? Can't believe that every Transformers turns into an metor and lands on earth.

Can someone explain this?

Sorry for the english

2. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

I think that they just come to earth. Possibly on there own little ships or, knowing Bay, they all turn into those asteroids. lol

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I think every Transformer has a "meteor" or planet landing mode, but I highly doubt they would have travelled all the way from Cybertron in that mode. I think the first movie kinda states that Megatron flew in his jet mode from Cybertron to Earth in search of the Allspark, and Starscream could probably do the same.

The case for all non-plane TFs is likely what has prompted the filmmakers to introduce the Nemesis in ROTF and the unnamed ship in DOTM. It may well be the Ark...

The preview novel for the first movie does feature the Ark and the Nemesis but whether or not you consider that to be cannon is up to you. Personally, I don't.

Maybe it's something that will never be fully addressed on screen, but my own personal opinion is that all the TFs who have travelled from Cybertron to Earth so far, with the exception of Megatron and maybe Starscream, have done so in a starship of some kind.

4. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i'm going to be very very VERY upset if Sector 7 wasn't aware of the crashed ship. and the autobots on Earth had better frigging know it was there too, or they had better be a realy damn good explanation as to why they didn't.

5. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That thread title is a tough read. Did you mean how, and not who?

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

According to Hasbro the Nemesis was the Fallen's ship. This could mean in the old days Primes had the privilege to have spaceships to command.

Sam mentioned a Sentinel Prime Expedition in his Allspark induced rant. Maybe this is it.

According to Optimus ancient historical records was within the Allspark. So they wouldn't probably know their ancestors had a ship like this.

7. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    In the movie mythology, the robots turn into meteors for space travel and don't need space ships. I would assume the robots only use space ships to move their furniture.

8. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I belive the OP meant "where" (or "ou" if my French is failing me and can't find the accent) and not "who" (or "qui" in French) I noticed the OP is from Belgium. Not bad OP, especially using contractions.

Daviddt

Soyez le bienvenu chez nous!

dear God I hope I did that right, it's been a LONG time since I've spoken French let alone write it.

9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's about it. I think the decided on the "transition" form was because the film makers thought it was odd that robots that transform in vehicles would travel around...in larger vehicles.

However, since it appears that the original Primes didn't have altmodes, it would make sense that The Fallen would have travelled in a ship, especially when travelling with an army.

As for this ship, if it IS Sentinel Prime and the ship crashed when he was on a scientific exploration, it makes sense that they would want a place to run tests and what not.

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    I never got that line of thought.

I have legs and can / do walk. Even run from time to time.

Forest Gump ran from coast to coast :) 

But I drive a car every day. I've even ridden on a big boat despite my ability to swim.

Therefore, robots that can turn into vehicles yet still be passengers on a larger vessel isn't a stretch. Everything has a limitation.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Sector 7 I get, but why/how would the Autobots know the ship was on the Moon?

12. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

Worst Thread Title, Ever.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, this I don't get. We already know Sector 7 kept a lot from them.

Though we saw that Optimus and his team arrived in meteor form, so it's safe to say the rest did, since they were the ones "taking refuge among the stars." While I'm sure not every Autobot and Decepticon use the meteor form, they certainly did.

14. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The ship, the Allspark cube, the whole story gah, my brain hurts. Will never understand their meteor modes either. Parts were falling off in space like wtf, meteor armor.
    Are they that stubborn about fucking jetmodes. Scan a Cybertron jet and fly to earth, then adapt to a Ford when you get here , duh.
    Just don't ask Bumblebee about it, he's all radio durr durr, stupid Ratchet thinks it's funny probably.

It still looks awesome though. Gonna see it and enjoy all the eye candy.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  15. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    If you could turn into a jet, would you not rather fly around everywhere on your own rather than riding in some other jet?

16. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a period during the first film were the Autobots were standing by in space till Bumbleebee signaled them that he found Sam. I always presumed they were on a spaceship during this period and once they could head to earth they disembarked it and went into those meteor forms to enter the orbit. I find it weird the Autobots could travel in space in the form of meteors, not get lost and actually arrive at their location in one group. You would think the travel would leave them exhausted and depleted of Energon as well.

17. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    before the Great War = Ships, older TFs with built-in space bridge tech, & Comet Mode

during the Great War = some ships still exist, but probably not enough for major battle during Great War; Comet Mode becomes main transportation for TFs(autobots & decepticons) with the exception of older TFs who have built-in space bridge tech(Jetfire, The Fallen) & TFs with flight capability

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Maybe they are Cybertronian jets.

Jets on Cybertron look like potatoes and are covered in rock. Obviously.

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Sure... but they need to be re-fuled on longer trips.

Even helicopters get transported.

20. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's not really the same. We developed that technology so we can travel long distances faster. We have said limitations, a species of ficitious robots might not.

Let's say humans, as a species, could travel at the speed of sound. Why on Earth would we ever have developed cars if we could already travel fast? We wouldn't! Same thing if we could travel unaided quickly by sea. If we could fly, we wouldn't have developed airplanes!

Now, let's say we are robotic organisms. We have the ability to change shape and reformat at will. We can travel quickly by land, sea and air, depending on what our alternate form is. Why wouldn't we be able to take a form that would allow us to travel in space? Why would we need to travel inside something if that wasn't a limitations?

Now, for traveling and multitasking, traveling as a group or for the Primes, who don't seem to be able to transform, having a larger vessel makes sense.