Customs: Who could this be?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by destrongerlupus, Jul 25, 2009.

1. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Captain Rex AT-TE is one of those figures I want to make into SOMETHING. One of the few SW-CO figures with a great robot mode. But the vehicle mode is SO wonky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I've been racking my brain, but have come up with NOTHIN'

So, guys and gals, what TF character could this mole be 'bashed into? Dig deep and obscure, and hit me with your best shot. If you're also a skilled Radicon, I'll probably even comission the idea from you if you like :) 

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Maybe a Classics Insecticon? He has kid of a Bombshell feel to him. I have held that figure in my hands at the store so many times thinking the same thing.:thumbs2: 

3. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

definitely an insecticon. But don't know much about it though. Maybe barrage. Lose a couple of legs and you can make it into a dinobot (tricero).

4. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    personally i get a feelin og Shrapnel!
    idn why but when i see this figure i just see shrapnel!

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Ha! Forgot about Barrage! And he was the only Deluxe Insecticon I ever had! Good call! Plus that mold would rock in green!:thumbs2: 

6. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Thanks, Big Hank :D 

Here's a view ref pics for barrage. Amazingly the robot mode somewhat resembles the figure you have right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    HMMM I've got the basic Bugs covered, but the Deluxes are kind of a good idea!

Barrage is kind of a good fit!

I'll keep taking suggestions though!

D/L

8. LegoNinja

LegoNinja Well-Known Member

That's awesome! I loved that fig, I loved him so much he fell apart.
    That would make a great paint app, and modding might not be too hard.

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    How about some War Within style Dinobot?

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Barrage is the last Insecticon I'm looking for to complete my Insecticons! *facepalm*

I like the Bombshell idea (all biases aside).

11. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    I was seriously considering Slag, but it would totally violate my "No Furman/DynoBot/Cybertron Origin" rule for the Dinobots :) 

Personal bias :) 

Though I DID have one comic-script I was developing where I ALLOWED for the idea of the Savage-Land origin (or all things!) which would require the Dino's to have Cybertronian alt-modes....

So far the (excellent, I did not praise it enough the first time) Barrage idea is definitely tickling my fancy!

I'm pretty sure I even have a Zoids-beetle kit of some description kicking around someplace!

D/L

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    You only like Dinobots built on earth?

13. destrongerlupus

News Credits:
    I have to admit it, I'm a cranky stubborn old man. I'm not what most people would call a "GeeWun Purist"....but I started in '84 Sunbow Animation Land, and that's where my heart of heart lies.

I MIGHT accept that the Dinobots were built by Primacron (somehow...), but even then they'd have to be cool Robotic-Saurian Warriors before getting their 'Earth Modes,' but frankly that's too convoluted.

The Dinobots are running around on modern earth as Dinosaurs....That makes NO sense, if they're normal Cybertronians, why would they "scan" (or otherwise acquire) such wonky alt-modes? Even the characters without "real" disguise modes at least emulated contemporary animals or whatever.

Nope, as corny as it is, I think "Spike and Wheeljack saw Dinosaurs in a museum and thought they'd make cool Autobots" makes WAY more sense than any other convoluted justification. ESPECIALLY if the Prime & Co TF era takes place in the 80's (which, again, for me, it always will). We were ALL nutty about Dinosaurs back then. Why WOULDN'T the Autobots caught that bug along with Rock-music and sleek-corvette-designs?

All that said....Commander Rex might look DARN good with some triceratops horns comin' out of his shoulders ;) 

D/L