Who could dub as Perceptor?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by necrocron9, Jun 30, 2008.

1. necrocron9

necrocron9 Well-Known Member

I know he isn't a fan favorite but I need a stand-in to fit with the rest. getting g1 figures isn't my style and a microscope would be lame. i was thinking universe blades when he comes out. what do you think?

2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I'm going to assume you're trying to find something that would fit with Classics/Universe, right?

Hmmm, sorry to say, I don't really see Blades working as Perceptor. All they really have in common is some red in their deco. Besides, then who would stand in for Blades? :) 

Do you want a full-sized figure? Because there is already technically a Classics Perceptor, he's just Legends class and based on a personnel carrier (he's a repaint of Legends Cybertron Defense Red Alert).

Are you open to kitbashing? With a bit of work, you might be able to get a decent Perceptor out of... this may sound weird... Universe Ironhide or Energon Inferno. They're both red, and Inferno even has some teal in there. Ironhide's head is a similar shape to Perceptor's. You could replace Inferno's ladder with a telescope, or slap a radar dish on top of Ironhide, and make them Nasa vehicles or something (sticking with the theme of Perceptor, well, perceiving). They also both have a clear window on their chest, not unlike Perceptor's microscope tray.

You could also do a search of the Radicon forum on this site. There might be some Perceptors on there that could spark an idea. I know I've at least seen one Energon Signal Flare on there repainted as Perceptor (though unfortunately I can't remember who the 'basher was).

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Perceptor is coming in animated as something with tankish treads

4. unicronsupreme

unicronsupreme supremest of unicrons

News Credits:
    Source?

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Botcon-i cant remember who said it, beastbotx is my closest guess to the guys name, bbut i really dont remember

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    if you can paint a Defense Red Alert he could be a preceptor.

7. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think Perceptor is supposed to show up in Animated, but he is mentioned in Universe Blaster's bio, suggesting that he'll get some kind of Universe release. My first guess would be CD Red Alert repainted (like the legends toy), but as far as we know, Hasbro is not doing Ultra-class repaints in Universe - just Voyagers. So he could be a new mold, either Ultra, deluxe or legends.

8. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Yes Perceptor is going to show up in animated.
    In whatever the last animated related panel was they showed an animation model for him that was a around a month old and made by takara.

If you want to hear it from someone who went to Botcon, go sift through the news archives to find the report.

9. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

With a little modding work, mainly a repaint, I think the Energon basic Offshoot/signal flare mold would work good as perceptor.

10. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Never say never with repaints. CD Red Alert is a good base for Perceptor. They've only repainted cybertron voyagers, so far. There are a few cybertron ultras that need some repainting.