Who changed beast wars to beasties?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by gweapongun, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    AFAIK, the Transformers subtitle was always there, both show and toys, in the US. "Transformers" moved from after "Beast Wars" to before around the time Transmetals and Fuzors showed up, however, at least on US toy packaging.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    When is a little I watched Beast Wars every weekend but I didn't know What it was until ..(Garbs Narrator)

G1 Narrator:It was the year 2005 YTV was combatting The Evil forces of teletoon and to Combat Family Guy & Futurama YTV found the files of Beast Warsfrom 10 years in the Past but weren't allowed to have The Word Wars because of Canadian Soccer Moms everywhere from Windsor to iqulauit.5 Minutes and some Tasty Pretzels YTV Later The Changed it to BEASTIES now YTV all we need is a little Energon and alot of luck! :D 

Like my parody anyway I don't care If It's Called Beasties or beast Wars or Battle Beasts it's the same thing but their 1 episode from their that's a bit Different want to see The American Version Opening of The Episode of 1 of the season 3 episodes but i can't remember It had The Predacons attacking The maximal Base and Silverbolt got shot in from The Ark by The Preds.I can't remember The Episode and can someone tell which episode it is but The American Version

3. Shipley

Shipley extremely online

News Credits:
    wow. I understood none of that.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's what you get with Autovolt 127!:lol 

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Thanks The Parody is from where The Narrator in G1 does the Star Wars Crap titles

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    "Biocombat" was the Italian title; "Ani Mutants" was the french one.

SInce European packaging back then was divided into English/Spanish/Italian and French/Dutch/German versions, you'd get packaging with double "Beast Wars / Biocombat" or "Beast Wars / Ani Mutants" titles.

7. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

Yes, assuming you actually went looking for information about a name difference. Not everyone decides to look up every trivial bit of information about a show they use to watch. Crazy, isn't it?

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

God, that's fucking stupid...people are such pussies.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude, youre an oz ;P

but yah, canucks can be weird, chk out their comedy o_O 

10. JonLeung

JonLeung Member

Sorry to bump this but I thought it was surprising that this isn't more common knowledge. But I guess living north of the border we Canadians see more stuff flowing north than south.

I know the Beast Wars toy line came first, but as YTV worked closely with Mainframe Entertainment (both Canadian), I swear it was recorded as "Beasties" first for the local market, and then when they recorded the version for American/international release after, they may have only recorded "WARS!" and tacked it on. After starting off with Beast-IES, the "WARS!" honestly sounds really tacked on, even if it's what it's "supposed" to be. At least that's how I remember it. It's probably less noticeable if you first heard "BEAST WARS!", I'm sure.

Also, the opening sequence of Beasties (at least Season 1) is much longer than Beast Wars's, probably a full minute like the length of the end credits, and the additional sequence has portions that "match" the music (like when Megatron punches down on the scanner). I think all those sound effects (minus the name) are intact in the end credits, again leading me to believe it was truncated down for Americans as opposed to being extended for us Canadians. Either way, we still got a longer and more synchronized opening, albeit with a sillier name.

On a related note, I'm REALLY trying to hunt down the original Beasties opening (all three if possible), as you can see in this topic...

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...est-beasties-canadian-beast-wars-opening.html

...and maybe once it's found you Americans can share in laughing at YTV's crazy choice or obligation due to Canadian laws or whatever it was that messed up the name. "Fixing" it really shouldn't've had to butcher the openings, though, so hopefully you can enjoy the full versions too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.