Who are your top 10 SUPERVILLAINS?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Sideways77, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Well, there's a new topic about your favorite Superheroes, so why not a topic about villains?

So who are your top 10 favorite supervillains and why?

Me:

10. Galacticus- His whole concept is just awesome. Yet I have no idea why I don't care for Unicron.... (Marvel)
    9. Marvel's Shockwave- A much different take on the character then in the show. (Transformers, Marvel)
    8. Arcade- I love circus themed villains. (X-Men, Marvel)
    7. Mr. Freeze- Without the bad puns, of course. (Batman, DC)
    6. Red Skull- Because he looks so badass. (Cap. America, Marvel)
    5. Riddler- Arkham series mainly, but I like him because of his intelligence. I maybe a fatal flaw, but I also like how be can't resist leaving a riddle. (Batman, DC)
    4. Lex Luthor- That magnificint bastard! (Superman, DC)
    3. Scarecrow- I just love his concept of spreading fear and chaos. (Batman, DC)
    2. Harley Quinn- Ever since I saw B:TAS, I loved Harley. She was just so awesome and funny. Arkham series makes her even more awesome.
    1. Joker- cause it's gaddam Joker. (Batman, DC)

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    1. Darkseid- Michael Ironside FTW.
    2. The Joker- The yin to Batman's yang.
    3. Bane- The man who broke the Bat.
    4. Ra's Al Ghul- The chest master himself.
    5. Two Face- Proof that good guys can fall.
    6. Brainiac- Given to the right writer, this guy is awesome.
    7. Lex Luthor- He's just really interesting.
    8. Magneto- MASTER OF MAGNET!
    9. Apocalypse- He's awesome.
    10. Ozymandias- Everybody, just go and read Watchmen.

3. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Galactus
    2. Red Skull
    3. Carnage
    4. Magneto
    5. Loki
    6. Joker
    7. Dr. Doom
    8. Harley Quinn
    9. Shredder
    10. Norman Osborn

4. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    1. The Lizard
    2. Mysterio
    3. Bane
    4. Dr Octopus
    5. Magneto
    6. Mystique
    7. The Joker
    8. Venom
    9. Green Goblin
    10. Dr Doom

5. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

10. The Absorbing Man - He can pick up anything and assimilate it. The guy could pick up radioactive material and beat you with it. That makes him a very, very dangerous threat.

09. Lex Luthor - I like Lex. He's an interesting character to watch, because behind all the bravado, all the money and affluence, he's just a spoiled brat who can't get his way. That's intriguing to me.

08. Godzilla - Yes, he's on my heroes list too, but Goji does double duty in this instance. He's a great super hero pummeling monsters and saving the world, but he is also a very, VERY awesome antagonist. Watch him in Godzilla x Mothra x King Ghidora. Awesomely villainous when he needs to be.

07. Shockwave - It's always a bit of a thrill when I see Shockwave doing something villainous. He'll kill you, me, everything in existence, then shoot himself in the head...if it's logical... That is terrifying to me personally. Great villain potential.

06. Freddy Krueger - This is one of the sickest, most depraved minds of all time - a child murderer/molester. Yet, he's been given the keys to an awesomely manipulative power. This is a guy who knows what's in your sock drawer. He knows what scares you. He knows how to violate you in the worst, most crippling way imaginable, then, he will end you simply because he gets a sadistic kick out of it.

05. Magneto - I love Magneto, because he's not simply a black-and-white, typical villain. He didn't just wake up one day and decide, hey, I'm gonna kill people. He is a tormented soul who is doing what he believes to be right and I really cheer for Magneto as much as I do the X-Men.

04. The Green Goblin - I like Gobbie. He's like Lex Luthor and the Joker all rolled into one package. He has the prestige, the means and the resolve to make everyone's life a living hell. So he does it...

03. The Scarecrow - In a lot of ways, he and Freddy have a lot in common. They both utilize fear and they know how to manipulate someone for a sick thrill. But, unlike Krueger, I kind of empathize with Crane, since he was made this way out of systematic abuse from other children when he was a child (which I've experienced and felt the effects).

02. The Joker - The Clown Prince of Crime himself. I love that we don't really know much about him. He just pops up one day as the embodiment of pure chaos, without rhyme or reason. Just a sycophant who deigns to make life one big fart joke of death. That's pretty ingenious imho. Props to Joker's creators, because he's versatile, easy to hate and love all at once and funny as hell.

01. Megatron - I actually find myself empathizing with Megatron in his current incarnation as much as I do Magneto. He got sick of castes and being told what he could and could not do, so he turned the tables. I love all the variations of Megatron, but I think the TF: Prime Megatron has definitely become my personal favorite.

6. UnicronHound

UnicronHound Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In no particular order:

Joker/Harley Quinn, they're both psychotic, Joker has killed multiple people, paralyzed Barbara Gordon, he killed Jason Todd(second Robin), killed Mr Freeze.
    Mr Freeze, tormented man, turned into a what he is by accident(usually)
    Lex Luthor, smart, powerful, knows Supe's weakness. He can buy you and sell you
    Magneto, he controls ALL metal, just take a look around you, how many metal objects can you find?
    Mystique, probably the best in the(comic book) world at hiding who she really is
    Shredder, just won't stay down, in multiple versions he just keeps coming back in one way or another when he should be dead.
    Cobra Commander, no real reason besides him not being such a pus as the cartoon portrays
    Shockwave, he's calculating, cold, and has taken out Megatron(comics).
    Megatron, He's classic, thinks his views are right, and everyone else's are wrong.
    Unicron-He's planet sized, and EATS other planets, though his weakness was not that great.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  7. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Dr. Doom
    Megatron
    Mr. Nebula
    Cobra Commander
    The Joker
    Lex Luthor
    Manga Khan
    The Shredder
    Cy-Kill
    Skeletor

8. Sideways77

News Credits:
    You know we're talking about comic book villains, right?

Unless GI Joe, Gobots, and TMNT had comics.

9. Optimus1986

You...you're joking, right?

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    10.Crimson Dynamo-My personal favorite Iron Man villain plus who doesn't love a ridiculous russian sterotype?
    9.Venom-Awesome,crazy, and flat out powerful I have and always will love venom
    8.Red Skull-Quite simply a classic marvel villain that is simply pure evil literally he would show up in the definition of evil
    7.Juggernaut-Since I was a kid for some reason Juggernaut was always one of my favorite villains, I just love his design it's something so simple yet striking about it
    6.Sinestro-A former green lantern and quite intelligent character I personally love this guy and is the ultimate green lantern villain
    5.Harley Quinn-Who doesn't like Harley Quinn? Like seriously who?
    4.Doctor Doom-Dictator for a thirst of power and lifelong enemy of the F4, is one of my personal favorites and came so close to taking a higher spot
    3.Joker-The yin to batman's yang, who honestly can make a top ten supervillains list and not have him on here? Seriously you have to be insane or not have any taste at all.
    2.Bane-I know alot of people may get upset with the fact I put someone else from Batman's rogue gallery above joker, however in my opinion he is batman's ultimate enemy, he can out think him and is massive and has even broken him.
    1.Magneto-A sympathic villain and true genius that could do so much good yet went down the wrong path, I also love his dynamic relationship with Prof.X which isn't really used much in comics

Worthy Mentions
    MODOK
    Darkseid
    Lex Luthor
    Taskmaster
    Brainiac
    Two Face

11. Sideways77

News Credits:
    Um, no?

Why? Do they have comics?

12. Optimus1986

13. Sideways77

News Credits:
    Oh. Well, I'm a dumbass.

And I'd wish whoever put my quote in thier sig to be taken off. I don't want people to know of my dumbassery.

14. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

1. Sinestro
    2. Imperiex
    3. Doomsday
    4. Poison Ivy
    5. Brainiac
    6. Riddler
    7. Ra's Al Ghul
    8. The Joker
    9. Star Sapphire
    10. Ocean Master

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  15. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    1.Toad
    2.Dr.DOOM
    3.Venom
    4.Hobgoblin
    5.Loki
    6.Red Skull
    7.Carnage
    8.Magneto
    9.Lex Luther
    10.Mandarin

16. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    You brought it upon yourself.

10. Magneto- Only because he is a fun blur on if he is an actual villain or not. I see him more as a ruthless revolutionary than as an actual villain.
    9. Green Goblin- Nutty as a fruitcake and just as insane. Also, not afraid to make things personal, when so many villains have that unspoken respect with their counterparts.
    8. Onslaught- That's right, I went there. Onslaught was the first huge crossover arc that I read through as a kid. Looking back, he and the 90's in general were rather shoddy, but for nostalgia's sake, this guy is a favorite.
    7. Darkseid- BOOM, here comes the end of the world.
    6. Two-Face- A valiant civic hero who went panda-shit crackerjack insane and became a notorious and feared villain. Tragic as can be.
    5. Ra's Al Ghul- Honorable but villainous is a great trait in evildoers. It's one of my favorite traits in a badguy. Someone who will murder another person in cold blood, but still give them a sword to defend themself with to even the playing field.
    4. Loki- I love the villains that outthink heroes. Loki does it like it's a game he does passively. If not for that ego...
    3. Apocalypse- En Sabah Nur, from all across time and space, being a badass. His Four Horsemen groups are crazy fun, too. Especially when they are comprised of specialized heroes/villains we already know about.
    2. The Joker- Please. You need a reasoning for this? I love his darker versions moreso than the more ha-ha versions though.
    1. Mister Sinister- ALWAYS loved this guy. Smart, powerful, manipulative, smarmy. And has a perfect history to put him at odds with Scott "Cyclops" Summers, who is my favorite hero these past few years.

17. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Hasbro released comics for G.I. Joe because it was their marketing gimmick. Also, TMNT started out as a comic.

18. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No particular order...

- Cyborg Superman
    - Sinestro
    - Larfleeze
    - Slade, Teen Titans cartoon version. If this can't include cartoon versions, then the comics version of Deathstroke from before he became the villain equivalent of BatGod.
    - Supermanboy Prime
    - Antimonitor
    - Ozymandius
    - The Homelander
    - Lex Luthor
    - Carnage

19. Optimus1986

Awesome Ron Perlman Deathstroke definitely counts. "Teen Titans GO!" was a comic based on the tv series, so he's legit.

20. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

opal
    lighting lord
    green goblin
    brainaic 5
    vemon
    red skull