Who are your ten favorite superheroes and why?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Fairlady_Z, Jan 7, 2012.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Not a big comic reader anymore...just the Transformer ones...

Obviously...Optimus Prime would be my number one...natch! :thumb 
    The others, in no particular order...Wolverine, Batman, Superman, Cap America and Ironman.

2. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Batman- It's freaking Batman

Rest don't matter

I mean, Iron Man and Captin America are cool too, but they're not in the same league as Batman

3. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    10.Venom(Flash Thompson)-I love this new take on venom simply put with his deep inner demons and trying to control them that and he is a flat out bad ass
    9.Spiderman-C'mon who doesn't love the good ol' web head?
    8.Gambit-The ragin' cajun himself is one of my fave x-men characters
    7.Deadpool-Powerful mercernary-check Completely batsh** crazy-check Awesome healing factor-check Pop culture jokes and refrences-check and chimmichangas-check, what more can a nerd ask from someone in tights?
    6.Hawkeye-Complete smart ass and someone who can take the hulk down with a bow and arrow
    5.Green Lantern(Hal Jordan)-Han Solo as a superhero....yeah this guy is cool
    4.Colossus- There are literally two words to describe colossus bad ass and I have never found anything that defines him better
    3.Iron Man-Cool wise cracking genius with a whole bunch of armored suits
    2.Batman- Literally the only reason why he isn't #1 is because he's a DC character and being a marvel fanboy simply cannot allow a DC character take the top spot
    1.Captain America- A true blue patriot(eat your heart out superman)
    Honorable Mentions-
    Ms.Marvel
    Moon Knight
    Hawkman
    Superman
    Beast
    Wolverine
    Thor

4. jetfire prime

jetfire prime Do it now and do it loud

News Credits:
    1. Spider-Man
    2. The Joker
    3. Raphael from TMNT
    4. The Flash (Barry Allen)
    5. Nightwing
    6. Daredevil
    7. Batman
    8. Iron Man
    9. Nightcrawler
    10. Eric from The Crow

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Hmmm.... interesting. Top 10 superheros...

1) Superman
    2) Wonder Woman
    3) Batman
    4) Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
    5) The Red Tornado
    6) Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond/Martin Stein)
    7) Doctor Fate (Kent Nelson)
    8) Hawkman
    9) Flash (Barry Allen)
    10) Green Arrow

6. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

1: Batman (Because he is BATMAN!!)
    2: Spider-man (My childhood hero)
    3: Cole MacGrath (Coolest. Guy. Ever.)
    4: Nightwing (Dunno why, just always loved him)
    5: Optimus Prime (No surprise there, right?)
    6: Scott Pilgrim (He counts, doesn't he? Lol)
    7: Dunno...
    8: Dunno...
    9: Dunno...
    10: Dunno...

7. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    1.Spiderman - I've loved spidey all my life, I can't really put anyone higher.
    2.Batman - He's batman.
    3.Deadpool - lol.
    4.Venom. - I love venom as a hero and a villain, needless to say he's a freakin badass.

I has no more on meh list.

8. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

1. Superman
    2. Batman
    3. Dick Grayson
    4. Damian Wayne
    5. Hal Jordan
    6. Barry Allen
    7. Wally West
    8. Aqualad
    9. Static
    10. Wonder Woman

9. LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy Well-Known Member

I'm going to do this a bit different from everyone else here. Here's my fave Heroes & Heroines. Top Ten read Left to Right. Here we go:

[​IMG]

- Invincible: For a new age this is a character that I've grown quite fond of. Just a well written hero.

- The Great Saiyaman: I do love Dragonball Z and when Gohan donned this identity, it was just pure bliss with all the funny antics that happened after. Plus who doesn't love those poses?!

- Batman (Bruce Wayne): The man with a contingency plan for almost anything. Always loved that he was just a normal human who can beat those impossible odds while being surrounded by so many super powered beings.

- Cable: Never cared for him till when he decided to save Hope. After that I'm just a big fan now.

- Ultimate Spider-Man (Peter Parker): Just better tales. Too bad he's gone...

- Tim Drake (Robin/Red Robin): The best traits taken from those around him. I think that's why I like Tim. A character that actually grew with time...well till the new 52...that kind of set him back.

- Darkwing Duck: Who doesn't like a caped crusader fighting crime with Launchpad McQuack?! Definitely an all time fave. Plus I love his rivalry with Gizmo Duck.

- Captain America: One who stands for what is right, hard to say you can't respect the guy for following his beliefs. With that said I think that's why I do like Cap.

- Deadman: Because of Brightest Day I'm a fan.

- Terry McGinnis: If there were to be one who would take over the mantle of the bat, this is who I would like to carry on the legacy. Simply loved the TV series. Too bad the art in the comics went down hill quickly...

[​IMG]

- Emma Frost: What can I say, I love Blondes. Plus I like how she went from villain to hero.

- Black Cat: My first fictional crush. I just love her no matter what incarnation...except tales weaved by Kevin Smith. Boy do I hate what he did to her!

- Power Girl: I simply adore her. I loved her latest series. Such fun adventures. Too bad she's gone now...

- Black Canary: Again another Blonde...even if it's fake she's such a strong female with lovely fighting skills.

- Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers): I love how much she had to go through just to get it all back.

- Zatanna: One magician I would pay to see. Though I dislike the new 52 idea of her being romantically involved with John Constantine.

- Batgirl (Cassandra Cain): Now this is my favorite Batgirl. Silent yet deadly...all too beautiful I'd say.

- The Powerpuff Girls: They can count as one. I guess they made the top 10 due to the fact that they had an entertaining TV series.

- Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris): I guess I like Carol because she actually decides to take on the responsibility of being a Star Sapphire despite having been possessed a couple of times before by the power.

- Huntress: I think I like Huntress because she has ties to Bat & doesn't at the same time. Plus many of her adventures are grounded in realism due to being just a normal human being.

10. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    1. Superman
    -The man of steel, the original and still the best cape hero in comic books.
    2. Wonder Woman
    -A bold and amazing character at the time of creation and despite some serious mis-steps, still one of DC's finest
    3. Captain Marvel
    -The big red cheese, the ideal of the superhero as distilled through the imagination of a child. Say it with me now, SHAZAM!
    4. Power Girl
    -One of the most fun, sexy and interesting women in superhero comic books
    5. Batman
    -The Dark Knight; one of the most driven and dedicated heroes out there.
    6. Nightwing
    -Dick Grayson, once Robin the Boy Wonder, became a man and swung into his own series to kick ass, take names and live happily ever after with Starfire (DAMN YOU New52!)
    7. The Mighty Thor
    -My interest piqued after the movie, a quick delve through the Marvel wiki, some samples from comixology and a pre-existing interest in Norse Myth, Marvel's Mighty Avenger is a proud favourite.
    8. The Phantom
    -Australia is one of the Phantom's largest fan strongholds, and thanks to adventures being printed once a week in the local paper, I count myself among the followers of The Ghost Who Walks.
    9. The Flash
    -The fastest man alive: capable of carrying the entire population of a large city to a safe distance in the scant seconds before a nuclear bomb explodes; instant respect :D 
    10. Green Lantern
    -I admit most of this is from the JL and JLU cartoon (John Stewart), but that badass creed and a superpower based on your will and imagination.

Honorable mentions also to Captain America, Iron Man, Martian Manhunter, Starfire, Supergirl and Raven.

11. Pride21

Pride21 Honor Wisdom Virtue

1. Batman
    2. Captain America
    3. Iron Man
    4. Green Arrow
    5. Wolverine
    6. Superman
    7. Punisher
    8. Deadpool
    9. Robin/Nightwing
    10. The Incredible Hulk

12. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    10. Johnny Socko & Giant Robo: Because if you were a kid in the 70's and had a crappy looking watch you could pretend to control a Giant Robot!

9. Space Ghost: because before he was a funny talk show host he was the cartoon I watched religiously every Saturday morning!

8. Doctor Strange: My odd tastes are all over this list, and Dr Strange was one of those really cool, odd books when I was in the mood for as weird as it could get :) 

7. Goldar: NO, not the Power Rangers villain! The giant gold robot that turned into a rocket ship from Space Giants (Magma Taishi)

6. Wonder Woman:

5. Nightwing / Robin 1:

4. Green Lantern:

3. Ultraman: Ultraman fed my love of all things Kaiju! I don't care HOW cheesy it was I still feel like I'm six again whenever I see an episode.

2. Batman: The best assortment of villains ever, with good writing they've been every bit the star of his books as he is.

1. Spiderman! This was a tough call between him and Batman. Both were huge parts of my childhood, they were the first books I turned to as a collector in my teens and they were the first books I picked up when I became a store owner :)  They have the best rogues galleries in all of comics and a hero is only as good as his villains...in all honesty Batman has the edge there as I tend to like DCs writing better. Peter had to struggle for everything though while Bruce had the ultimate silver spoon, it makes me respect Peter that much more. In the end Spidey makes me feel more nostalgic AND I am on the cover of a variant for issue #666...

13. dkr7

dkr7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In order, gonna do it from series/movie/comic instead of each character.

1. The Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton version)
    2. Arkham Asylum/City Batman
    3. The Hulk (from Hulk Vs. Thor)
    4. Batman (Batman Begins/Dark Knight)
    5. Silver Surfer (Original cartoon)
    6. Thor (from Hulk Vs. Thor)
    7. Hulk (Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
    8. Iron Man (Movie version)
    9. Martian Manhunter (Justice League)
    10. Hawkeye (EMH)

Fave 10 Characters:
    1. The Incredible Hulk
    2. Batman
    3. Silver Surfer
    4. Thor
    5. Iron Man
    6. Martian Manhunter
    7. Hawkeye
    8. Captain America
    9. Wolverine
    10. Vision

14. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    1) Superman
    2) Batman
    3) Wonder Woman
    4) Firestorm
    5) The Red Tornado
    6) Dr. Fate
    7) Green Lantern (Hal)
    8) Flash (Barry)
    9) Green Arrow
    10) Hawkman

15. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Here is my 3 x 3 meme for the new year.

Attached Files:

16. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

1.Batman: He kick your ass without powers
    2.Spiderman: Who doesn't like spiderman?
    3.Ironman: He kick the whole army ass by himself
    4.Hulk: "I have a army" "We have the Hulk"
    5.Deadpool: Nuff said
    6.Superman: He with out of orbit and fly around earth to rewind time to save lois, not kidding
    7.Black Panther: He is one of the first black superhero,
    8.Flash(Wally West): He is one of the fastest flashes, and the most likeable
    9.Wolverine:He is a Navy Seal, Special ops, and Marine all in one with claws
    10.Spawn: He is a straight badass

17. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I'm too tired to go into the why, but here are my faves:

1. Impulse (Bart Allen)
    2. The Flash (Wally West)
    3. Iron Man
    4. Booster Gold
    5. Batman
    6. Spiderman
    7. Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
    8. Gambit
    9. Superman
    10. Thor

18. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    1. Superman - the first and greatest hero. Has the power and will to do pretty much anything he wants, but he chooses to do the right thing just because it's the right thing.
    2. Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) - the idea of a space police force is cool enough, but the power ring that can do anything you think and will it to do is even cooler. Hal's been kind of all over the map at times, but the current take on him as a Han Solo-type is cool.
    3. The Flash (Barry Allen) - Sure, Barry's been a bore at times, but he's always been a likable guy. Love his power set, love the "police scientist" nerdiness, and hell, he's a comic book collector himself!
    4. Power Girl - Ok, ok. She has nice big tits and a nice ass. I like that in a woman, sue me. But I also like the quirkiness of her character. Really have to go back and re-read her last series.
    5. Guy Gardner - Gotta love the @$$hole with a heart of gold.
    6. Booster Gold
    7. Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
    8. Superboy (Conner Kent) - I prefer the original version from right around the Reign of the Supermen storyline as the wise-crackin' wise ass, but his later character from Advernture Comics and the Jeff Lemire series were also very enjoyable.
    9. Captain America
    10. Captain Marvel - SHAZAM! He's the ultimate wish fulfillment fantasy.

19. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alrighty, here's my top 10. Don't really feel like specifying versions, so each name on the list will be inclusive of all versions of the character.

1. Doctor Fate

2. Etrigan

3. Spider-Man

4. Batman

5. Ghost Rider

6. Iron Man

7. Raven

8. Wolverine

9. Green Lantern

10. Plastic Man (mostly because of TB&TB)

And, even though there'll probably be a thread for this before long, here are my top 10 villains.

1. Venom

2. Joker

3. Clayface

4. Doctor Doom

5. Music Meister

6. Equinox

7. Darkseid

8. Red X (rather low on the list because he's more of an anti-hero)

9. Green Goblin

10. Magneto

Man, that list was quite a bit tougher. As for reasons, I may come back to add those another time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

1. Batman
    1000000000000. Nightwing
    1000000000001. Spiderman
    1000000000002. Iron Man

That is all.