Who are these people that watch "Two and a Half Men"???

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tenebrouser, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

2. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    I don't know. I watched like ten minutes of that how once and was appauled at how lame it was. It just felt like a second-rate show. The jokes were god-awful, the acting was laughable (especially the non-sheen guy), and after 5 minutes, I noticed a sharp pain in my soul, so I switched the channel and never went back.

Now Cavemen...that was a good show. I'm assuming they're extinct now, though.

3. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Most people are morons, and like garbage. I mean, we live in a world where "Titanic" has made more money than any other movie in history. That should tell you something.

4. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I keep asking myself that same question except replace "Two and a Half Men" with "American Idol" and "Dancing with the stars".

5. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

My parents... they watch all three. I'm sorry.

6. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Something had to come along for the chicks to talk about after Friends went off the air. Once my wife and mother started talking about the show, I figured I would be better off avoiding it.

7. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Probably the same people who put "Scrubs" on 5 different channels. That show's horrible

8. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I think Two and a Half men is pretty funny. Better that most of the reality tv shows.

But there is also a complete lack of decent Sitcoms on now, so there is not a whole lot of compeition.

9. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Two and a Half Men is just as bad as Arrested Development. There is nothing decent on TV aside from Simpsons reruns, Futurama reruns, and House reruns.

10. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Exactly. Though I'm with Mumps on 2-1/2 Men, too.

In addition to Shipwreck's parents, the answer to "Who watches this stuff?" seems to be "40-something women". All of the people in my office who fit into that category watch all three shows, and talk about Idol and Dancing non-stop. :puke: 

Never have I seen so much wrongness contained in one post.

EDIT: Until this:
    :( 

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  11. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I'm not gonna lie. I used to watch it. I don't really recall why. I just want It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia back.

12. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Actually it was a really great movie. The acting, the filming, the effects, the story and the music. Everything was top notch. Just because you don't like the love story, does not mean the movie didn't deserve all the praise.

If you think that YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

13. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

No, no it wasn't. The acting was terrible, probably among the worst performances given by any of the star actors. The script was atrociously bad, to the point of being funny. The only thing it had going for it were the effects, other than that, it's absolutely painful to watch.

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Dancing with the Stars has the HAWTEST WOMENZ on it.
    I never consciously tune that show in, but if I happen to channel surf across it I have a hard time turning it off.

15. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just recently started catching reruns of "Two and a half men" recently and I think it's great. Loved the episode with Megan Fox playing a teenage seductress. :lol 

16. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

My house-mate watches it from time to time, so I've seen bits and pieces. Honestly, it looks like any other sitcom from where I stand. Of course, anything I like is either 20 years old or gets cancelled after a few seasons (Arrested Development, Deadwood, Veronica Mars, Serenity, the Wire--thank God it lasted as long as it did :)  ).

I don't want to degrade the people that watch that kind of stuff, though. Some people don't have a lot of time or energy to put into the shows that they watch, and want to watch something mindless and inoffensive to waste time with. For them, 2 1/2 Men, or Friends, or the Wayans Brothers, or whatever makes sense. Taste is all relative, people. I love Walker, Texas Ranger. And honestly, none of this stuff we watch on TV is exactly Hemingway (well. . .except the Wire, of course). Personally, I watch the Muppet Show for my fix of relatively mindless joy.

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    i thought that was megan fox

its a ok show not bad but not good either.

18. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I don't find anything wrong with Dancing with the Stars. It's pretty brainless but it's a great family show. There aren't many family friendly shows on the regular networks anymore and having one that is so popular is nice.

Though I do agree with Two and a Half Men. Outside of Charlie Sheen's awesome bowling shirt wardrobe I haven't found the bits and piece I've seen too funny. I don't begrudge people who do enjoy it though, different strokes and all that.

And remember, ratings numbers really aren't that high. You have about 7000 Nielsen families with each family representing "X" amount of people.

19. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe people are watching the genius that is 'Big Bang Theory' and 'How I Met Your Mother,' then falling into a laughter-induce coma, leaving the TV on for Nielsen ratings.

Eithier way, BBT and HIMYM both make me laugh a lot, but TAAHM makes me change the channel.

20. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Just out of curiosity, do you mean that you don't think the Nielson sample is representative of the population as a whole?