Who are the Wreckers? (G1 show characters)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    ah. thanks. forgot about springer

2. power prime

power prime AutoBot Commander

Ebay:
    1+
    you get better fiction from a comic then you do a tv show or a movie.

3. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not only can the character return to this...he already did. I think IDW Perceptor is the most interesting version of the character. He overcompensated when the Autobots started to get overrun by basically re-programming himself into a killing machine, but his friends became very concerned, and of course in the long run his scientific talents were more needed. So he found a sort of "happy" medium. Since the Wreckers were disbanded (well, more like dismembered, but he survived) Perceptor's back doing what he's always been doing. This version of the character is just a little more "Spock-like" and distant. Rather similar to his portrayal in the ORIGINAL comics as an ice-cold, slightly cranky resistance leader.

Granted, most of the really interesting Autobot biographies in IDW are frantic retcons and clarifications of shit Shane McCarthy just did without even thinking, but the results on Kup and Perceptor turned out rather well.

4. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very, very this.

The originals. Accept no substitutes.

And yes, OP, you may need to - gasp! - consider another continuity than that awful cartoon in order to get the full Wrecker effect!

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As for Transformers who have been Wreckers and were in the original animated series, technically Arcee, Skywarp and Cyclonus count. They were in the 3H Wreckers.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the insight and links guys.

To the anti GEEWUNNER guy. I was not asking about on screen character because of Sunbow I was asking because I wanted to know which Classics figures I have to make a Wreckers display.

I am fully aware that iGear intends to make the other non G1 show guys like they are with Presser.

SO where do Kup and Perceptor fit in? I liek the Cygar Kup and thought he was a Wrecker.

And once again, I know they aren't G1 Sunbow guys I was just looking to see which Classics I have to form the Wreckers.

7. Ultra Magneto

Ultra Magneto Jedi Batman

I don't think maggie was a wrecker, he was just another big gun around iacon that worked with them, only leaders i remember were Impactor and Springer.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Magnus was a Wreckers leader in Dreamwave, but there was nothing cool about that

Kup and Perceptor were Wreckers in IDW, but they were not part of the original Wreckers. And I don't just mean the original Marvel UK Wreckers, I mean even in IDW, they weren't part of the team when we first see the Wreckers in Stormbringer.

Kup lead a team that was half-composed of former Wreckers and half his own guys in AHM (such as Drift and Blaster), and Kup was Springer's hero in IDW so he brought him in on a real Wreckers mission for LSOTW, and Perceptor was there too. Whether Kup and Perceptor actually count as Wreckers is kind of vague and up to you, I guess.

9. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just consulted the TF Wiki for mine.

Here are my Wreckers, all of whom have some kind of "precedent" as Wreckers or at least have worked very closely with them.

Universe Springer (possibly the quintessential Wrecker, aside from the Jumpstarters)
    Universe Inferno (joined with the Wreckers for no apparent reason in Time Wars, was never declared one on-panel so purists might object, but whatev. One of the few survivors of the resulting battle, in which the Wreckers as a unit were destroyed by Galvatron and Megatron)
    Deluxe Perceptor (hooked up with the Wreckers in IDW during the big 'con offensive, stayed with them when they were re-formed after this, then survived the unit's destruction by Overlord)
    Deluxe Kup (same deal as Perceptor, seems to have joined Wreckers after Springer rescued him in the IDW continuity)
    Cyberverse Commander Guzzle (Guzzle's only really prominent fictional appearance was as a new Wrecker in IDW's Last Stand of the Wreckers, and he survived the events in that book)
    Deluxe Drift (Purists would certainly object, but when Drift first started fighting alongside the Autobots it was the Wreckers that he joined with, and he traveled with them for a little while. IDW only obviously.)
    Ultra Magnus (Usually depicted as their commander or "additional firepower," rarely as a true member...but he was in Dreamwave and the Aligned Continuity)

Additionally, I'm planning to build an Aligned/Movieverse Wreckers force in the Cyberverse scale:

Guzzle (obviously)
    Roadbuster
    Leadfoot
    Bulkhead
    Wheeljack and his ship (Wreckers usually get a cool ship)
    Ultra Magnus (hopefully he's not a simple Prime redeco)

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I'm going all wonky-clashing-styles with my Wreckers in an attempt to only include the originals, making a display of guys who may or not be the intended characters

Springer - the Universe recolor of Cybertron Evac
    Roadbuster - the Universe recolor of Defense Hot Shot (kinda wish this toy was bigger and better articulated, but with the forearm cannons from Recon Ironhide, it looks alright)
    Whirl - the ROTF Whirl made from Movie Evac (he's Movieverse and kinda lame, but he's got the right name, color scheme, and alt mode, so I'll take it till we get something more official)
    Topspin and Twin Twist - DOTM Topspin and his "Armor" recolor... looking into alternative heads to use for them to make it slightly more believable. Since that's the only recent toy named Topspin and it was a different kind of Wrecker, I'm sorta forcing it to work
    Sandstorm - RTS Fallback, for lack of a more fitting toy (the color scheme is close, he's heavily armored, and his jeep mode is similar to Sandstorm's dune buggy mode)
    Broadside - RTS Deep Dive, again, for lack of a more fitting toy. You could almost say the headsculpt is similar, but it's a real stretch

and also Cyberverse Guzzle because, despite not being one of the originals, his character (or lack thereof) works as one and I assume it's the only reason they even made that toy

I've got the Botcon Pyro, but I use him in my G2 lineup so he doesn't currently go with the Wreckers. I'd love for there to be a new Rotorstorm and Ironfist I could add in, but at the moment there's nothing that fits without painting it myself (and I can't paint).

I've also got DOTM Skyhammer, HFTD Tomahawk, ROTF Armorhide, and some of the HA Basics as "Wreckers fanboys"

11. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yup, these guys for me. These are the Wreckers of the TF Comics I grew up on, and as of last year, finally have all the G1 toys they ever made of them. Twin Twist was one of my first toys. Roadbuster was the last G1 toy I intend to buy ('cus I have them all now I have him, with one rather large exception)

12. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    People, lay of Preceptor as a wrecker. Preceptor makes a perfect sniper. Plus the story of how he became bad ass is also pretty damn good.

13. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I actually like Perceptor as a sniping bad ass. It really just worked for me because of the story behind the decision.

14. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    You guys DO realize WHY Perceptor was on the Wreckers in LSOTW, right?

It's ENTIRELY because Kup was there. If you recall, Perceptor was pretty much perma-attached to Kup by Prowl so that he could keep him hopped up on cy-gars.

15. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I think G1 Roadbuster has been replaced in terms of awesome factor........Nancy Wankah!

16. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, don't forget him! He's probably my favorite Wrecker! He died in such a tragic way...
    Here's the list:
    Springer
    Kup
    Broadside
    Guzzle
    Impactor
    Ironfist
    Perceptor
    Pyro
    Roadbuster
    Rotorstorm
    Sandstorm
    Scoop
    Topspin
    Twin Twist
    Whirl

17. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So that is Ultra Magnus, Arcee, Inferno, Rodimus, Skywarp, Cyclonus, Percepror, Broadside, Sandstorm and Devcon.

Also technically Scoop as he briefly appeared in the re-edited animated series opening and was an IDW Wrecker.

18. Anguirus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he was there to hack the computer, too. And in the LSotW extras Springer and Kup refer to him as a Wrecker because of the events of AHM. Prowl DID ask for Kup and Perceptor to join the mission, but Springer already considered Percy a Wrecker, which is apparently a very binary state to him (you are and you always were, or you're not and you never will be...whatever, buncha thugs with a death wish building up their mythology ;)  ).

19. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can anyone make a list of characters who were in the Wreckers, and have Shattered Glass toys?

Off the top of my head:

Arcee
    Cyclonus
    Perceptor
    Rodimus
    Scoop
    Ultra Magnus

20. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    The thing about the wreckers is they are a bad ass killing crew. Why couldn't a super intelligent scientist be a bad ass killer?