Who are the Wreckers? (G1 show characters)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I know little about the Wreckers but what little I know I like. I know they are a mix of G1 on screen characters and then some off screen toys and comic only guys. I'm not too concerned about the non show characters but who in the G1 cartoon is a Wrecker?

I know of, KUP, PERCEPTOR and SPRINGER. Are there others?

Thanx

2. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I knows Broadside, Sandstorm, Roadbuster and Guzzle are members of the wreckers. I'm sure there's more.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Magnus served as leader of the Wreckers for a time.

Making Perceptor a Wrecker was bloody stupid.

4. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    Inferno

5. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    I still can't believe to this day how Perceptor can be one of the Wreckers.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  6. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Drift was one right? i do recall him joining kup and saving perceptor in his Spotlight

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    ... through science?

8. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

Don't forget Ironfist!

9. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Psssh posh, he should've just used that science to bring Wheeljack back and put him with the Wreckers.

10. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    I actually love IDW Perceptor. The fact that he used his strengths (le science and smarts) to make up for his weakness in combat and literally rebuilt himself into a badass sniper makes him all the more awesome. The fact he now scares some of the Autobots doesn't hurt either.

Plus with Prime, it seems Wheeljack also gets to have a stint in the Wreckers anyway.

11. starman72

starman72 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    blaster, powerglide, warpath, seaspray, beachcomber, and cosmos.

12. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    So you want to know who the Wreckers are in a continuity where they don't exist? And you won't read the continuities where they do?

REEDING IZ HARD!

I hate it when toon fans try to fanwank all the good comic elements into the Sunbow cartoon because they won't pick up a good book.

13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Nowadays? Seemingly anyone.

The real Wreckers are:

Impactor
    Springer
    Top Spin
    Twin Twist
    Rack'n'Ruin
    Broadside
    Sandstorm
    Roadbuster
    Whirl

Some people include Inferno, but that never stayed with me.

Having said that, Roche and Roberts did an amazing job with Last Stand of the Wreckers, I just bought it again in HC from Amazon as it is that good. They expand the ranks to tell a new story, rather than re-treading old ground.
    Originally (at least this is how I saw them as a kid) the Wreckers were like a crack assault team, like Autobot SWAT, nowadays they seem more Suicide Squad.

The Universe / 3H take on the Wreckers is (to me) bullshit, but a lot of people love that stuff, so to each their own.

14. Ruminus

Ruminus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL!

15. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

The Wreckers need a scientist. They can't all be simply Commando gunslingers.

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Wreckers aren't G1 show characters, by and large. Except for Springer, their most prominent members are obscure Autobots, because that's the point; it's a way to group together all of the Autobot nobodies. Gotta agree with Hot Shot a little, though I wouldn't have put it quite THAT way...

Of course, the TFWiki has a rather comprehensive page on the Wreckers that would more than answer all your questions about them, including any G1 characters who have ever been members in any continuity.

Kup and Perceptor are awesome as members of the IDW Wreckers but it's pretty hard to imagine the Sunbow versions of the characters being in such a group. Even Springer seems to have other duties in the toon, and in the comics he's practically always head of the Wreckers.

17. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    as has already been said, they weren't made up of show characters. Basically, that was the point. Just like Furman made Nightbeat, Bludgeon, and Thunderwing into legends, the Wreckers were made up of characters that had no chance of being used in the show (except Springer). Roadbuster and Whirl were non-Takara toys, so they were never going to be in the show. Twin Twist and Whirl had character models but were never used, so they were useful for filling in the ranks as well. Impactor and Rack'n'Ruin were just made up on the spot (personally I don't even care for Rack'n'Ruin cos they never did anything relevant to their stories). And then the triple changers, who -were- in the show, but Broadside and Sandstorm were never important and they were probably included in the Wreckers because, in Furman's view, why bother separating the triple changers?

18. Wreck n rule

Wreck n rule Well-Known Member

Drift was never actually a Wrecker. For the complete story of the Wreckers, here you go.

Wrecker - Transformers Wiki

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    To paraphrase Ratchet, like the war needed another clown with a gun.

Perceptor becoming "badass sniper" was contrived and idiotic. Rather than be a unique, non-violent character in a world dominated by "badasses" they just make him cool, and edgy and give him a sniper yeah that's what the kids like! It's immature and ruins the character because unlike the TV shows which always redo characters and alter them only to change them later, this is now how Perceptor is in the comics, and the charatcer can't return to what made him special, and if he somehow did, this would still be a part of his in-story history.

I agree with the sentiment here.

20. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I want Wheeljack to be like that. That's why DOTM was his best characterzation. COME AT ME. But anyway, I like the idea of a Scientist like Perceptor feeling the need to change himself to be better fitted for the field of battle. Though I have no idea how he's characterized in the comics. I just know that's my personal canon acting up and that my RTS Perceptor has a Sniper Rifle.