Who Are the Leaders Of the Headmaster Units?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Slingshot, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Slingshot

Slingshot Headmaster

News Credits:
    As the title asks, who are the leaders of the Autobot and Decepticon Headmaster units? I don't think Western media has ever clarified this.

2. fordmonster

fordmonster ASW-GO8 Gundam Barbatos

Their leaders where cerebros or fortress maximus lead the autobot headmasters and eventually lead the autobots faction. zarak or scorponok lead the decepticon headmasters and took over the decepticons after galvatron went missing in an iceberg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Slingshot

Slingshot Headmaster

News Credits:
    Thank you very much.

4. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

He said western media

Comics.....
    By the time Galvatron was missing Zarak/Scorponok was dead, but he was leader till then

Also comics
    Spike, not cerebros was the leader and attached to Fortress Maximus

In the sunbow cartoon it was the same leaders

5. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Scorponok had the function Headmaster Commander on his tech specs. I'm sure Fortress Maximus had the same.

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    In the cartoon before the headmaster process they didn't seem to have a leader.
    They rather seemed to be a group that answered directly to Decepticon or Autobot high command.
    If i had to pick a leader for each group i'd intuitively had to go with Mindwipe and Brainstorm because they seemed most intelligent and pro-active.
    Still after the headmaster process their headmasters answered to Zarak and in a lesser way to Spike, but the Transformers still seemed mostly to take orders from the leaders of their respective factions. Be they Galvatron, or Scourge and Cyclonus or Optimus Prime.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Well, in the comics, Fortress Maximus was the leader who led his band of deserters off Cybertron.

After the Headmaster process, Galen and Fort Max were kind of co-leaders, I guess. Then yeah, later Spike.

And yeah, Cerebros wasn't a factor, because Budiansky forgot to include him in the process originally WHOOPS. Later, he tried to shoehorn him in as kind of a mindless drone when Budiansky tried to make Max larger, the way he should be. But Cerebros was mostly forgotten about by him and the artists after that, and the artists forgot to keep drawing Max larger, too. By the time you get to Furman's Generation 2, Max is as short as Galvatron, which is dumb as hell.

In the Sunbow cartoon, I'd agree with Scorponok/Lord Zarak being the leader of the Decepticon Headmasters, but I don't think you could say the Autobot Headmasters had any stated leader. They weren't a band of deserters, like in the comic or Japanese cartoon. They were just a bunch of random soldiers of equal rank who accidentally got blasted into space. I definitely wouldn't call Cerebros the leader of anyone. He didn't want to have anything to do with anything, and only participated in the war under protest. And even if the Sunbow cartoon had continued, I don't think Cerebros would have agreed to be Max again, so Spike wouldn't have been the leader of anything, either.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Altered Prime

it may have been short but in that three-part cartoon I think Spike clearly stood out as their leader but hey that's just my opinion

I think your wrong about how they woukd have used Cerebros if the show would have continued.I'm sure it would have seemed out of character but that's not something completely unheard of in Transformers cartoon for the era

My guess if the show had continued we would have seen him still reluctant to fight but for more gun ho about protecting the planet they were on

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    But he never told anyone what to do other than Cerebros. Throughout the story, they kind of decided everything by committee. Fortress Maximus didn't even exist until everyone else left, then he showed up on Cybertron and kicked everyone's ass, then promptly de-combined.

You're probably right about if the series had continued, though.

• Like Like x 2
  10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Yeah, in the Sunbow continuity, "The Rebirth" ended with the Autobots reporting to Optimus. Galvatron and Zarak kind of were set up for a new Megatron/Starscream relationship, where Zarak had plans to use the Decepticons to conquer the Universe as the leader. In their new roles, Spike and Daniel would be even more essential than they were in Japan's Headmasters series (and possibly less annoying, regarding the latter).

11. Altered Prime

sure he did

Give me someone who came up with the idea to connect Vector Sigma to the plasma energy chamber and order the connections made
    Thank you

12. Dropkick

Dropkick Worse aim than Misfire.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Was there ever really a leader?
    The only ones close enough were Fort Max and Scorponok.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    In Japan, while Fortress was the leader technically speaking, he often stayed behind with the ship. Chromdome kind of became the defacto leader,
    especially once Rodimus Convoy takes off with most of the 1986 cast to go find a new home planet

14. prime roller

prime roller introspective reflector

News Credits:
    I've never really put any thought into this, but yeah, I guess I always considered Fortress Maximus the leader when he's around, and Chromedome the leader otherwise -- the first officer or something like that.
    And Galen was clearly the leader of the Nebulan guys, and I always assumed Spike just replaced him in his role as leader of the Nebulan headmasters.

But this got me wondering about all the other 'masters -- Headmaster juniors, Targetmasters, double-Targetmasters, Powermasters! Any defined leaders here amongst the Cybertronians, and Nebulan groups?

I don't remember if these details were mentioned in the cartoon or comics at all.

15. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

As far as "The Rebirth" is concerned, Gort and Lord Zarak are the respective leaders of their factions. By extension, I always assumed Highbrow led the Autobot Headmasters.

16. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Well, there wasn't any non-Japan cartoon fiction when it came to the HM JRs, TMX2 and Powermasters. Targetmasters followed either Gort/Spike/Fort Max or Optimus...or Zarak or Galvatron if they were Decepticons.

Japanese fiction has Ginrai and Metalhawk as a sort of co-leadership role of the God(Power)masters and Pretenders. Mega and Giga had a co-leadership role with Zarak, who shows up later (and isn't really Zarak, either, but a dark entity in possessing him as "Black Zarak"). Mind you, Zarak is a small Transformer from the colony Master, not a Nebulan (those don't exist in Japanese fiction). Targetmasters, BTW, were kind of a jerk outlier faction that didn't play nice with others and were limited to minor roles in the Headmasters cartoon.

Marvel comics, Optimus and Fortress Maximus were pretty much the leaders of the Autobots. Scorponok and Thunderwing were the Decepticon leaders at that point.