Who are cyclonus and scourge?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by nemisispringer, Sep 25, 2010.

?

Who are cyclonus and scourge

1. Cyclonus is bombshell scourge is Thundercracker

32 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. Cyclonus is bombshell scourge is Skywarp

8 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. Cyclonus is skywarp scourge is thundercracker

112 vote(s)
    61.2%
  4. They were made from a mix of all the decepticon remains

31 vote(s)
    16.9%
  1. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know cyclonus and scourge seem to be made from bombshell and one of the seekers respectiveley but ive always preffered to see them as a reformatted thundercracker and skywarp seen as there colours are similiar, they were labelled as seeker in catolgues and there is also the fact sweeps seem to be endlessly replicated like the insecticons so what do you guys think?

Let me know if you want another option added to the poll serious suggestion only please not the are both bob from down the street :) 

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Scourge I think is well established as Thundercracker.

Cyclonus is the debatable one. It's probably Bombshell as he was nearer the front of the scene when that happened (for an intro you'd have the guy you're introducing dead central). Unless you go by the gaff in the UK comic where he was once someone called "Lifespark".

That said for reasons of my own, I consider them Skywarp and Thundercracker. Mostly because they are both air combat experts and also because they were listed with the other Decepticon jets in the catalogues as you pointed out.

Although in a funny sense, who they were matters less than who they became. While Galvatron could be considered Megatron enhanced to the extremes of his abilities, Cyclonus and Scourge are completely new individuals with no trace of their former personalities. Perhaps its because when they were remade they were already pretty much dead so Unicron had less to work with, or because he simply saw no need to retain their old personalities so was more "rough" with them in remaking them.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I voted mix though I think Cyclonus is mostly Bombshell with a smattering of Skywarp. Scourge is mostly Thundercracker.

4. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

My reasoning is simple, Cyclonus is a purple plane, Skywarp was a black and purple plane, Scourge is a white and blue flying thing, thundercracker was a blue plane. Unicron, good with the re builds not so much with the paint jobs.

5. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cyclonus was Skywarp, Scourge was Thundercracker.

Armada and Sweeps were made from the Insecticons. Armada was destroyed during TFTM (and thus there were no further clones), whereas some of the Sweeps survived and retained their cloning ability.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I must go with Irrefutable Visual evidence Bombshell is Cyclonus and Thundercracker is Scourge.

Personally I don't think Unicron would have given a rat ass who was the most loyal to Megatron when he reformatted them.

he used who was closest and did the reformat to suit his purpose destroying there former personality in the process, so who they once were has no bearing on who they became.

The sole exception is Galvatron he has traces of Megatron remaining with in him, for example the desire to control Unicron rather than be controlled by him.

7. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    They're a couple of guys, who were up to no good. Started makin trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, she said you're movin with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A question as old a the Rumble and Frenzy color debate.

I am calling self-neutrality.

9. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I'm gonna say Skywarp became Cyclonus, and Thundercracker became Scourge. But it's entirely debatable. Bombshell could've been used to make both of them with some of his parts going to each one.

10. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weren't Cyclonus and Skywarp both members of the beast era Wreckers? Not sure how far the botcon comics go as canon though

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

^Yep.

12. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

I wouldn't go by what was shown in that scene since the movie itself was filled with animation errors... The real Cyclonus really could have ended up being either one of them.

I personally consider Skywarp to be Cyclonus and Bombshell to be the non-existent/dead? armada...

13. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I like this "Armada" theory. Does a good job of explaining why we saw multiple Cyclonus' in the movie, but never since even though we still saw lots of Sweeps.

14. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah i kinda like this idea too explains armada away anyway

15. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Thundercracker, Skywarp, and the Insecticons died. Unicron used various parts from each to make Cyclonus, Scourge, and the sweeps. There is no evidence that the others were transformed like Galvatron, other than the simplified "rebuild" sequence which people take too literally.

16. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    "Background seeker who looks like Skywarp #281" and "Background seeker who looks like Thundercracker #111", respectively ;) 

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I never heard of "Lifespark".

And I agree with you as to how it matters, but for the reason that the script actually called for floating body parts of different Decepticons to be meshed together into the new characters.

But since they didnt do it that way we/re left with this debate.

I personally perfer the idea that Skywarp be Cyclonus.....but the evidence and practices of character introduction suggest that its Bombshell.

Actually Cyclonus had a number of clones in "5 faces of darkness".
    Thats because the visual evidence is quite clear.

You may chose to disregard what was shown but thats tad amount to fan fiction.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I actually think the question is somewhat irrelevant since Cyclonus and Scourge ended up being totally new personalities, so who was formed from who doesn't matter.

That said, my personal fanon is that Scourge was Thudnercracker and Cyclonus was Skywarp. Mainly because I'm not a fan of those two having asymmetrical fates. The movie does imply that it was Bombshell, but we know how G1 was plagued with animation errors/misinterpretations of authorial intent, which I think is likely the case here. Plus, Bombshell ending up as the "armada" definitely helps to partly explain generics.

19. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No idea but like others have said, I prefer the Thundercracker/Skywarp answer over bombshell. However, this is one of those questions that won't ever have an answer the fandom accepts as fact:lol 

20. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think of it as parallel with the toys being promoted. Cyclonus and Scourge replaced Skywarp and Thundercracker in the Jets Assortment. Starscream, Thrust, Ramjet and Dirge remained in the case. (I consider the Insecticons to have contributed the equivalent of the frog DNA that Jurassic Park geneticists used to fill in the missing pieces.)

But I usually have a toycentric bias when it comes to all things Transformers. I don't like to think of Bombshell as Cyclonus because it's my less-favored toy compared to Skywarp. Bombshell's cool but Skywarp is just completely gorgeous.