Who actually makes thr KOs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ruination04, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who makes the KO Mirage, Wheeljack, etc.????
    JustiToys makes the WST Dinos and stuff, technically I guess they're KOs, but do we know who makes these G1 KOs?? Do they have a website?

2. Tech Spec

Tech Spec Breeze Loo

News Credits:
    Former employess of Takara/Tomy and Hasbro :lol 

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    actually, the reproductions are technically 'bootleg'. 'knock offs' are rip offs, theres a distinction.

4. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    So basically.................
    Bootleg=High Price Fake
    Knock Offs=Low Price Fake
    Did I get that right?

5. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually I understand his point, but just for simplicity, let's call them KOs because they are listed that way in all the ebay auctions and websites.

6. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    One is just as good as the other. Both match the TFs in question.

ANYHOW.............

Back on topic....who makes them?? Is it a secret source that only stores like A3U know?

7. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
  8. Ruination04

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  9. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    To be honest I don't even know where they come from exactly. I deal with one guy here who I get all my information from. Don't know what his contact with the factory or anything is but seems to be fine thus far.

You can view all the KO product at the new site www.kotransformers.com to see what has been done and will be kept up to date with what is comming in.

I know a few of the other dealers as well but don't know how exact their soruce is.

Spencer

10. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

KOs are actually produced by. . .

*LOOKS AROUND SUSPICIOUSLY*

Yeah, they're produced by a hidden society of garden gnomes that were brought to life by a witch's spell in the early 1970s. The witch, in a panic, secreted them off to a small island in the South Pacific to decide what to do with them. When confronted with a robot toy whilst on vacation in Japan not long after, she saw dollar signs and immediately went to work creating a workshop for her gnomes. The gnomes, bored near death, as gnomes are busy-bodies by nature and HATE sitting around doing nothing, got all sorts of excited when presented with the ship full of robot toys. Immediately they set to work replicating the toys. Their materials were haphazard at best, but through the years the gnomes have improved and at times nearly perfected their processes and materials and there are times they can almost match the quality of the originals they are copying. Inevitably, one of the gnomes, thinking he's doing a great service to his workshop, does something silly and screws up the process and they have to start all over again at the beginning. It sometimes takes them months, or even years to get back to producing quality matching the originals they are duplicating, but they do, eventually.

This secret society of gnomes remains hidden and shrouded in mystery. Unless you happen to know a certain red-headed witch who hangs out at robot conventions and shopping centers. She's pretty cool, and you get her liquored up enough, she'll tell you all about her little garden gnomes come to life. Watch out when she sobers up though. If she remembers what she told you, you may be a candidate to undergo a procedure she calls "gnomification." I lost a couple of friends to that one.

(Forgive me. It's been a rough morning.)

11. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
  12. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I just recently came back from China/Hong Kong. During my trip there, I met a guy who in the past brought TFs from. He claims that he talks to the maker of the KOs directly. It's apparently a guy in China who does the KOs. From what I heard, there won't be no dino cassette KOs (cause he doesn't have them). Plus the fact he likes to do autobot cars. There might be plans of doing combiners. Which I really don't understand why cause there's tons of KO of them. Whatever. See what happens. I know it sounds hard to believe hearing second hand. But that's what I heard.

13. jazzman_78

jazzman_78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    What I want to know about these 'KOs' is the quality. I have seen some posts here which say some of these things as as good or nearly as good as the originals. Years ago i bought a Devastator pack like you see in K-Marts and Wal-Marts around the holidays. Anyhow, they were all very cheap plastic, easily broken, didn't combine well, etc. I had several constructicons as a kid, and there is no comparison. So, is there better quality KOs to be had? And if so, how can you tell before you buy them?

14. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    Find somewhere that carries them on hand and you can go in and check them out.

I always have opened toys on hand so that people can check things out before buying.

Other than that, take a chance. The cassettes are not so expensive, try them first.

Spencer.

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    a KO is a product is made to have resemblance to the original, but not exact.

a bootleg copies, or tries to copy exactly, and pass it of as an original.