Who actually LIKES the movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Master Megatron, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Well, we certainly know who hates it, but who actually likes what they're seeing and'll go to the movie once or twice? Personally, I love the new look, the decepticons actually look REALLY evil and it'll be cool to see these things fight. :D 

2. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

Look, we haven't really seen ANYTHING yet. The sketches we've been leaked aren't even final designs.

Besides which, I never EVER watch a movie just because of the eye candy. Sure, I'll ATTEND a movie just based on the eye candy, but if the rest is crap I'll never watch it again.

Case in point: "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within". A beautiful movie, at least in screenshots... but the faces are so wooden it's hard to call the film "animated", and the story only loosely made sense to me. I've never seen it in its entirety a second time.

NO ONE here, or anywhere else, knows if they'll go to the film more than once. As a question, it's right up there with "What kind of person do you want to marry ten years from now?" or "Who do you want to run for president in 2012?"

3. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

I'm digging what I'm seeing so far and I'm looking forward to next summer to see the film. Might even see it twice.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've got a few reservations about a few things, but overall, I'm in favour of it. I like the fact we're getting a big budget movie and that the teambehind it aren't trying to make it fit into an existing style but trying to do something different. It's how they're doing it that gives me reservations. However, I'm not going to shoot it down until I actually see those concepts finalised and charging across the screen.

And I'll certainly go to see it in the cinemas. If possible on the opening weekend.

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

The robot designs are not what I expected, but I like them. From the early version of the script I saw, I like the direction they are going. It's going to be a good movie with plenty of action, and Optimus Prime, as far as his personality is the Prime we all know and love.

There are things that I would like to be different, but as it stands, I think it will be a pretty good movie.

6. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    I guess I'd have to see it first then tell you....but I can tell you for sure that I am going to see it regardless of what is leaked prior to the release of the film.

7. Satan Santa

Satan Santa Knows you've been naughty

Exactly. Nobody can claim to like the movie yet. Nobody can claim to hate the movie either. We've seen so very, very little.

All we can do is comment on the fragments we've seen so far.

8. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

To say that I like or dislike the movie is pretty much premature because
    first of all the movie doesnt even come out till next year. So far we have only seen a small fraction of what this movie could be.
    Ill answer this question after July 4th of 2007.

9. GibsonUSA

GibsonUSA Well-Known Member

I'm in my 20s, so most of my friends grew up with Transformers....G1 then Beast Wars.....most are not hardcore fans but TF is a big part of their childhood and they love it.....

When I showed a few of them the recent designs....they either laughed or got incredibly angry......"F THIS MOVIE!!!!" was the general consensus....I'm sure a lot of sleeping fans will be just as angry when the full movie trailer is released to the mainstream.

10. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    Well. it's true. We can talk about a movie that is not even finish yet.
    But I do like what I have read and seen so far. Sure Starscream needs a new head but the rest of the concepts look good, I don't know why are so many angry fans. I grew up with G1 too and I'm not saying "hey! Bay is rapping our childhood" or nonsense like that. ACtualy yesterday while I was watching the MEgatron pics again I realize how cool the design is, in fact if you look closer to the face in standard mode it does look similar to G1 MEgatron. Bah, it has small similarities but they are still cool.

11. Kittie Rose

Kittie Rose Banned

I don't know - I haven't seen it yet. And I'm not sure I want to if this is the direction they're going in.

12. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'd avoid any movie from the director of Pearl Harbor, the producer of LXG and the writer of Catwoman. It's got no major Hollywood acting name talent attached to draw in the crowd and has to be one of the biggest blockbusters of the year just to break even.

So without the attachment of actual 'Transformers' and their nostalgia factor, which are completely absent from this project, this movie objectively looks like a complete trainwreck in the making.

Phazer

13. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    im loving everything about the new movie, i especially love how its different from anything we've seen before.

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

From what I have seen in all this leaked mess, I like what they are doing. I like the design pics, even if they are final or not, Megatron really and truly finally looks evil, and I like that. I think the movie is going to be something enjoyable and when I see it in 2007, I am sure I will come here and share my reaction after actually seeing it.

15. GundamHeavyArms

GundamHeavyArms Zippity Doo Dah

I love all the vehicle modes, I'm not too crazy about the robot modes, but I'll have to see the final versions to make my ultimate judgement on if I like the look or not. I'll definately go see it though, and I honestly think Bay will do a good job cinematically. I personally liked The Island, Bad Boys 1 and 2, and Armageddon. The world could have done without Pearl Harbor, but then again the world could have done with out Titanic but that doesn't mean Cameron can't make another movie as good as Terminator 2. You know what I mean

16. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think this is what Murph, Bay & Hasbro took a gamble on and so far it's backfired. I have done the exact same thing with a lot of people (TF fans and folks with just a passing knowledge of TFs) and the consensus is "That's not a Transformer." The looks on people's faces when I tell them there's a TF movie in the works is very positive. But when the I show them the robot designs, the looks go from happy to extreme dissapointment. It's pretty obvoius that these designs just don't cut it with a HUGE amount of people, not just fanboys or hardcore G1ers. Even if they are "Cybertronion forms" they still stink.

17. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    WRONG!

I know for a fact that i'll be seeing the film at least twice, if not 3 times. :throw 

18. GundamHeavyArms

Thats is unless you get hit by a train or have a piano land on you in between the first showing and the other showings. Just a thought

19. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Ditto. I'm loving tall of this so far. I can't wait to finally see this movie.

20. GundamHeavyArms

Well according to Superman_Alpha, movie Megatron is going to rape my childhood, I guess Bay will have to register him and a sex offender.