White whale

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Fishdirt, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    White whale, by my definition, is that elusive prey.

I'm happy in that I finally got a G1 Gnaw. My white whale. I had it for a long time and had no clue what happened to him so I was on the search for a new one. Even the KO looked good to me. Finally I was able to acquire a brand new hq KO for a great price. Grey shark, white whale he took me two years to find.

This isn't to be confused with Holy grail because I really never liked Gnaw. It's just a recapture of my childhood collection.

What is or was your white whale and if you have a story behind it, do tell :) 

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Maybe G1 Wheeljack? Because it was the first TF toy I ever handled as a kid. But I'm not actively looking for one and probably wouldn't want to spend the money if I did find one, so maybe that doesn't count.

3. Yaujta

Yaujta Broken. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    G1 Rampage. I was never able to get it as a kid to be able to complete Predaking, and finally got one from a local collector/friend for a great price. He's missing his gun and Predaking's fist, but at least I finally have the figure.

4. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

White Whale makes me think of one thing.

MOBY DICK!!!!

5. Yaujta

News Credits:
    That's...um...where the reference comes from.:rolleyes: 

6. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

Oh. I would say THE ALLSPARK, but I can't. So, here's my other white whale.

Remember the movie Cloverfield? The one about a giant monster attacking New York caught on camera point of view? Well, Hasbro made a toy of the Monster. It looked awesome, and I vowed to get it as soon as I found it in a store. But, sadly, I never did. Here's a picture.
    [​IMG]
    Ugly, isn't he? But that's what makes him cool.

7. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Oh man, that thing was freakin' sweet. I had a chance to order one but passed it up in favor of the GIGANTIC Balrog that was in scale with the 7" figures.

8. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lol.

Actually for me it's Gnaw as well. I remember wanting it as a kid. I think my parent had bought it but stashed it away till my birthday. I then changed my mind and asked for Sixshot instead. I got Sixshot and never got Gnaw. Later on in adulthood Gnaw turned into a figure that just eludes me. I never pursue it seriously but I want one. Kinda to get some closure. I loved my Sixshot as a kid but from then till now I've been living with that what if?

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Damn, I remember wanting that Balrog. How much does it sell for now?

10. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Classics skyfire (I starte collecting classics near the end of 2010) took monts to find one at a reasonable price

11. Yaujta

News Credits:
    Saw it for $300 on eBay. I got it for MUCH less from a local comic shop that had ordered it for someone else that deicded they didn't want it.

12. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

TM2 Blackarachnia. I can never find a good deal on her when I'm actually in a position to take advantage of one.

13. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

G1 cutthroat. Abominus was my first combiner but Cutthroat was my favorite toy of the 5. I have been trying to rebuild Abominus and only need cutthroat. For some reason I can't get him at a good price.

14. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Guess who's instock. :p 

The Cloverfield Monster - Cloverfield Cloverfield

15. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    For a long time, it was TM Optimus Primal and Megatron for me. I had them as a kid for a few days, but felt like I spent too much money on them, so I returned them. Regretted the decision ever since, so I recently was able to reacquire them for a fairly decent price, and both in excellent condition.

Also, I had always wanted a Doc Ock figure (with the four bendable tentacles) from Spider-Man 2, and missed out on him back in the day. However, I just got one off Ebay for a really good price.

Now the only thing I haven't come across is a Uni 2.0 Starscream for a decent price...

16. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

The Cybertron release of the Requiem Blaster Space Mini-Con team. In my years of Mini-Con hunting I've yet to come across these guys for sale. I saw them once on ebay included in a large lot with a bunch of stuff I already have. It would also be nice to obtain the MM-07 Fire Saber before I'm an old man with a white beard.

17. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Well that certainly sucks... That thing is bad ass..

18. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My white whale is G1 jazz. I remember coming home from school, 6 years old at the time, and waiting for me was a surprise. I came into the house and he had me close my eyes. Then he placed something in my hands and told me to open them. A brand new G1 Jazz.

That figure has a ton of sentimental value to me, and has since, disappeared. I know G1 jazz is readily available for purchase, but if I purchase one, I think I need it to be a sealed G1 Jazz. So why is this a white whale if they aren't so hard to get?

Easy answer...cause I know for a fact, somewhere on the huge property I live on, he is somewhere stored away. When the day comes that I finally get around through digging through everything I own in the multiple storage sheds full of stuff, if I do not find, then I will hunt for one to buy.

19. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

G1 Jetfire- My brother and I always wanted one. Especially after holding one at one my mom's rich friend's party. I remember it being so big back then.

20. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got mine fairly recently for, what I think, is 13 dollars usd. No weapons but in great condition.

In fact, check your messages in a few.