White Knight Chronicles I & II - Join my town, be my slave

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I picked up White Knight Chronicles II last night after I throughly enjoyed the first one last year, though at that time I was late to the party with getting in on the whole online component including making my own village. Because that shit is important yo!

Has anyone else picked up WKC2? Wanna group up to at least try out the online stuff? I know you're supposed to play through the single player portion a few times before the online stuff but I just don't wanna do that. I wanna be a giant robot who stabs dudes in the face all the damn time.

I read the story is pretty shit but I don't play my jrpgs with rock hard achievements for the story, I more into the whole you stab me, now I stab you kind of gameplay.

Anyone else pick it up? It does come packed in with the original incase you need an incentive...

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Not yet. I havent even played the first one since I heard the second game includes a improved version of the first game. I'll likely get it in the next few weeks/months.

3. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I'm up for it! But rather than pay $100 for it at retail down here, I decided to be a cheap bastard and order it online saving $40 lol my copy should be here sometime next week.

4. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    I will say I'm pretty disappointed by this sequel. basically you just revisit the exact same locations as those found in WKC1 and do the exact same things again. The whole story is time travel so it's basically just Back to the Future Part 2 but from a game standpoint it's soooooooooooooooo fucking lazy.

Same assets, same graphics etc there is nothing actually new about the sequel. No wonder they included WKC1 on the disc. Even the NPCs are stood in the exact same place and say pretty much the same exact things. Fucking lazy. We went to poopoo land and defeated the monsters and solved the puzzle in WKC1, lets do it again in WKC2 because of time travel. Lame

5. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Oh that sucks :( .

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Please tell me you are kidding me.
    Unbelievable.

7. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    The more I play it the more I find that the refinements and improvements are those related to the online exerpience and whole Guild Rank system but the single player portion is very lazy, as if they wanted to simply re-use assets and such to re-coup costs.

There are a few minor new parts but at last 90% of what i've played has been pretty recycled, I'm doing the exact same dungeons and puzzles I did on the last game and i just can't understand as to why.

8. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ick. Maybe if i get it in a discount den... but just doesnt seem worth picking up anywhere near retail.