Whirlwind is Inexcapable!!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Aug 13, 2010.

1. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Cheaters can use it for Scouts, Leaders and Scientists. Sadly I seem to keep getting matched up with at least one cheater about 50% of the time.

Still, you can escape a whirlwinding soldier. You can use disruption on them for example. If you're a Scout or have Dash glitched, you can jump backwards and use Dash. Best thing to do is just not run up on a Soldier generally.

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Hmm, glad I'm hoping to reach that, time to level up.

3. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

lol

I say quit whining...adapt your play..I mean....it is PART of the game, and those who use it are just using the toold available...otherwise we would all just play as the other classes...I had one drive up and do that to me the other day and I was a Scientist....I just transformed into my jet, hovered over him until it ended, transformed back and shot him in the @$$ twice with the EMP...DEAD...

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Just because it's in escapable doens't mean it is unfair and should be nerfed. You should apply skill to defeat the soldier. I've probably pissed off a lot of people by disrupting them during whilrwind. HA.

5. Rhinox007

Rhinox007 Liquid Fire

Just never ever come near a soldier, unless you're sneaking up from behind, that's the most logical thing to do... fight them from a distance, and then you won't get hit by a whirlwind.
    If he catches you from behind, bad luck, try and get away.

I play a lot as a soldier myself, and it isn't so easy as you think, it takes a while before the whirlwind kicks in and it isn't easy to move with it but it does do a lot of damage. I've been blasted apart by many scientists whilst doing the whirlwind. Just use your brains to fight:) 

Soldiers aren't that powerfull... they just have a lot of health and heavy weapons. My first mistake was that I thought soldiers were masters on the battlefield, until I got owned a lot in one-to-one combats with scouts and scientists after emptying my ammoclips. And they're head is an easy give-away for headshots.

6. chachi

chachi Well-Known Member

I've been killed when I've used whirlwind. I've even jumped in the air and activated it on accident. Nothing worse than hovering above the enemy while waiting for that damn thing to stop.

I think the Scientist push ability will knock them back. I've done that to people on nodes that were on platforms.

7. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    scientist can just transform and fire missiles if it's open space. if not, yeah shock is best option then gtfo.

scout should mark them, tf, and drive backwards firing. if you know the map, soldier can't catch you even with the ww upgrades.

leader can disrupt or moleculon ball. remember there's enhancements on moleculon ball that can speed you up while the ball's natural slow effect takes place on the enemy.
    I play leader a lot, and I tend to just walk backward and energon battle pistol them when they ww. granted that doesn't work always in tight areas or where you don't know the maps.

soldier can engage hover and counter attack or simply energon sling them (instant stop).

granted your easiest option is always looking for higher ground, but it's good to know your other options also. I believe I've killed a lot more ww'ers with my leader/EBP combo then I've been killed by random ww's. it's not too hard to stop, unless the enemy just jumps in and does it offensively.

8. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've slotted in Energon Sling and I'm not looking back. I've stopped so many Warcry Leaders and Whirlwind Soldiers than I can count. It's hilarious seeing them suddenly panic or continue onwards as if they skills are still persisting, and I just shotgun them to death.

It's why I stopped relying on Whirlwind as a soldier. It's strong but reliance on it only gets you killed and turns you into a detriment for the team. Now I only use it to vulture kills on a point against weakened enemies or against Scouts and Scientists who I catch off guard. Otherwise I don't really bother with it anymore.

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly Im surprised know one is making a bigger deal about the martyrdom boost.

10. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think Whirlwind is overpowered, but as I've said in another thread, it annoys me to no end when Soldier feels helpless enough to have to resort to using it on a single scout or scientist. I save it, because then when you want to go in for a conquest point guarded by 2 or 3 people, you can wipe them out if you can catch them off guard.

11. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

I use Whirlwind whenever I get the opportunity. It's not cheap, I'm not a noob, it's just a very good move to use, especially in Power Struggle and Conquest. There's nothing more satisfying than killing an entire team who all gathered around one node. It's not the only thing I use though, you have to be good at everything to be an effective player. It takes skill to be a good soldier; I regularly have other soldiers on my team, and there's a reason why I almost always end up game MVP and they end up in like 6th. Skill. If the Soldier class were so noob friendly and it took no skill to use then they should be getting about the same score as I am, which they are not.

12. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    I usually forget that I have it. And then once i do activate it, it's too hard for me to control to actually get anything done. I just look like a spinning buffoon ******.

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I love sneak attacking with it. I engage an enemy, my ammo needs to be reloaded, I hide around a corner, knowing they're gonna pursuit, engage whirlwind, pop out when I think they're near and bash them in to kingdom come.

14. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    If someone escapes my twirling nerdrage, I just transform into tank mode and Transport them to Oblivion.

15. Acjd

Acjd Anchorbot

Haha I'm the exact same. I can't stand whirlwind, especially if there's lag in the match. I'll be stood a fair distance away and go flying! It's funny now but at the time it's enraging!! :p 

16. CNCBrawl56

CNCBrawl56 Former Toys R Us Commander

Ebay:
    I actually have a hard time killing people w/ that, they always back away enough so that it runs out before I kill them and then they are dead, granted this my third day of having the game.
    BTW, my gamertag on XBL is CommanderRick56

17. Shawnbull11189

Shawnbull11189 giant green ogre

my least favorite thing is the way over powered melee attacks.
    i've been one shotted more times then i'd like to count because of how over powered that crap is.
    leaders and soldiers should not get one shot melee killed from scouts ever.
    i'm talking about having full health.

18. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I've said this before but the problem is when a soldier player thinks whirlwind is their entire arsenal. I've run across too many soldiers who activate it the second they take one hit, whether they saw where it came from or not. Even if you use it to win a battle against a lone scout or scientist you'll be stuck later when you're up against two leaders.

19. reptileman

reptileman Well-Known Member

I just whirlwind the whirlwinders and when they stop,I still am using whirlwind so they die.lol.

20. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

If you're getting pounded by whirlwind, it's your own strategic deficiency at fault. It has a major weakness - a soldier using it cannot jump. All you have to do is leap up onto a ledge and pummel them with easy headshots.

If there's no ledge nearby, well, you didn't think your attack through. Even then you can still down them with your own melee attack by attacking between rotations. It's quite easy when you figure the timing.

edit: @ shawnbull - they don't. Melee does around 3 bars of damage, just under 4 with a damage boost in effect. The only class that dies in a single melee hit is Scientist.