whirl/bludgeon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by thunder97, Jun 12, 2009.

1. thunder97

thunder97 Active Member

I see that the whirl/bludgeon 2 pack is a toys R us exclusive, and its out now.. Anyone who got it in the USA, how much did it cost? And How does whirl hold up quality wise being its yet another repaint of that mold so Im a bit worried how its holding up.. (same concern with upcoming grindor by the way)

2. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    35 bucks.

Whirl is okay, but a bit floppy in bot mode. He holds together well in helicopter mode... better than Blackout ever did anyway.

Bludgeon is just plain awesome though.

3. thunder97

thunder97 Active Member

Thank you very much, happy to hear he stays together in helicopter mode, that was a problem with my blackout as well.. Hopefully grindor will be better..

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    So toyrus has them now!? I need to go toy hunting.

Yeah they both look like good g1 homages. Even without that the colors are preferable to the lighter colored blackout or wreckage.

Edit: Ha! I went to toys r us and bought two of the sets. Whirl's wide Red Lightpipeing really helps make it stand out from blackout and evac.

Bludgeon is alright. It comes packaged with the blades cliped into the wheels. That mold continues to surprise me on its weapons utility.

5. Spyro

Spyro Banned

$35? I thought it was supposed to be $30.

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm just not a fan of the Wreckage mold, so I think I'll wait until the new version of Bludgeon is out later this year.

The Blackout mold for Whirl seems...odd. I always thought of Whirl as an attack copter, not the heavy hitter that Blackout's alt mode is.

7. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Why buy this for Bludgeon when a much, much superior voyager sized Bludgeon is coming out in Fall?

8. butz

butz slippery when wet

I saw these at TRU over a week ago. Just fugly looking. I kinda like the Wreckage mold, but those colors kill it for me (even if it is called Bludgeon). Whirl just looks crummy to me, and I feel like its probably the weakest use of that mold to date. Considering that there is a new Voyager Bludgeon on the way (which will be more than $10 cheaper) I see no reason to get this cruddy $35 set of repaints.

9. paramedicprime

paramedicprime Well-Known Member

i got this last night. even though the 35 dollar price tag was a bit much imo i really like both figs though. the redecos are really nice

10. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

I have seen them for a week or 2 and for 35

11. Spyro

Spyro Banned

Why exactly is it $35? I thought 2-packs were supposed to be cheaper. If these two were sold individually, & you bought both of them, you'd pay $36. That's basically the same price. This 2-pack isn't going to sell very well unless they drop the price to $30.

12. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

It's simply the fact that they know it's an exclusive, and they know you're going to buy it for any price if you want it. It's the same principle that Walmart is using for the Skywarp & Ramjet ROTF for what? $26 or $27 when the voyagers are $22?, or TRU doing the Countdown & Darkwind exclusives for $29.99, when there's Ultra classes right next to it for $26.99. Target is usually the best for exclusives, because they'll do it at a reasonable price. I think it's highway robbery, but what do I know?

13. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

Personally, I'm waiting for the Voyager Class figure to pop up.

(Hasbro, show us pics already.....)

14. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $35 is a bit much but how do we know that the voyager will be better. All we've seen is Hasbro's photoshopped picture showing him in his samurai awesomeness with his turret-turn-into-a-sword feature but the reality might not live up to the dream.

15. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    TRU always over charges. But, seeing as how the new Deluxe price is average $13 in most stores, and Voyagers average $22 in those same stores, that adds up to $35, and that's fine.

2-packs are only sometimes cheaper. Which is why I really dislike the Classics Magnus/Skywarp two pack for putting that idea in everybody's head when you basically got 'Warp for free.

16. red4

red4 Banned

You know, I was just there today, and I saw it. But when I realized I could only get Bludgeon through a 2-Pack, I was instantly disappointed, and put it back on the shelf, without even looking at what the other character was. I didn't even look at the price.

17. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Am I the only person that actually wants this set just for whirl?

18. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Well its not like we haven't known about that for around half a year now.

19. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I like them both, but not really for the price. The only reason that I have a somewhat decent interest in Bludgeon is that I worked on the strykers for a while, and with the green paintjob on him, he is probably as close as I will get to a striker from a Transformer.

20. red4

red4 Banned

I didn't.