while im at it.. starscream didnt fire on megs

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by iheartarcee, Oct 18, 2007.

1. iheartarcee

iheartarcee Idonotheartbeastwars

clearly an american missle.

[​IMG]

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    While I agree SS never shot Megs (he must've been gone by then) that evidence is useless, as if he did fire in vehicle mode, the missle would have looked like a real missle anyways. But you do have something, as that is a SABOT missle I beleive, as it doesn't look like any of the regular missles F-22s carry. SS didn't have SABOTs on him, so this missle must've been fired from a human piloted aircraft.

3. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree that Screamer didn't fire on Megs, but if the TF scans something like a Raptor, wouldn't the appearance of the weapons be duplicated as well? It would look strange to see an "Earth Jet" carrying Cybertronian munitions.

4. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It doesn't make any sense for Starscream to take out all those fighter planes in the previous scene if he was planning on leading them on an attack against Megs, since more fighters would've been a stronger weapon.

You don't unload a gun before firing.

5. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although you have all convinced me, I still wonder because the fighter's were told to wait for a marked target because of "friendlies mixed with bad guys". Would the real f 22's fire without a marked target, because I don't remember them marking megatron only blackout. Where as starscream, I could definatly see him shooting Megatron no questions asked. Unless I missed Megs being marked, can anyone help me out here?

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Megatron was marked as Blackout was dead by then, and, with the army guys standing nearby, they probobly marked him.

Also, this is not G1 Starscream. If he killed Megs, he would have basicaly screwed himself over.

"You don't unload a gun before firing."

7. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Excellent point, thank you.

8. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I reject your reality and substitute my own. Since it's inconclusive which of the fighter jets the missiles did come from, I'm going to keep believing Starscream fired at least one just because it makes me smile.

9. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    SABOT rounds are 99% of the time for landbased vehicles not A/C :) 
    and look something like this
    http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/ammunition/apfsds02.jpg
    http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/ammunition/apfsds01.jpg

While I can't recall from what scene this picture is from it's also hard to say what missile it is since the 1/2 of it is missing.
    Also I didn't really "care" a lot about the missiles used because in 99% of all movies they are fictional and aren't looking anywhere like real world missiles.

However the end/exhaust looks very similar to the Air-Intercept-Missile AIM-9X Sidewinder.
    [​IMG]

Highly unlikely but a possibility would be AIM-120A AMRAAM - not the 120C model since it has different shaped tailfins.
    [​IMG]

10. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It doesn't matter what jet the missile came from, it's a contradictory action for Screamer to destroy the squadron and then aim the squadron at Megatron.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I have no idea why you said that, as it was said in the movie that the jets all had SABOT rounds fitted to them. 99% of the time F-22's have all there missles hidden inside them.

12. Spartan Prime

It's Starscream. Megatron has literally tripped before and he assumes control of an entire army. He's still the Decepticon Starscream, it makes all the sense in the world for him to go ahead with his mission of blowing away jets, then decide to hide himself in their crowd to take down what stands before him and leadership.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Show me one time when any of that happened in the movie. This is not G1 SS, we have no idea of his intentions. Plus, what's he leader of? 4 dead robots? One cowering scorpion? or a missing Barricade? He has everything to gain by helping Megs and nothing to lose.

14. Spartan Prime

The Megatron tripping bit? Not in the movie. As for the rest of it, you can't rightfully say you know his intentions either, hell, all the things he did in this thread are entirely up to perspective. If the thought of him firing a shot off on Megatron gives me a jolly, who are you to dispute it? The thread title may say he didn't fire on him, but you have no proof of that as much as I have proof that he did. Does it matter that much to you?

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Not really. Knowing you're right is just as good as proving you are right.

Think what you will, I have better things to do.

16. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    What ?. They told all personal and landbased vehicles to load up with SABOT rounds. SABOT ammunition is projectile ammunition.
    I don't recall any one saying the F-22 being fitted with SABOT rounds, I may be wrong but I do know they clearly aren't intended for aircraft... I should now since I spend a lot at time at RDAF maintenance.
    And yes I know F-22 has 4 internal storage bays.
    As for real life aircraft they don't use SABOT ammunition http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/ammunition/apfsds.htm
    But then again the movie throws around with military terms etc which have 0 reference to real life use.
    I only know Saboted Light Armor Penetrator (SLAP) Ammunition that can be use on some aircraft or in gunpods. These rounds are "small" caliber and intended for 12.7/20mm use . They are tipped with tungsten.

17. Spartan Prime

Yes I'm sure this is all so very beneath you.

I never said I "knew" anything and you equally can't "prove" anything. I said from the get-go that it was my thoughts on the subject matter. Never once did I say that it was what happened or that I would try to convince others likewise. You can disagree and condescend all you want.

18. Krazy4hockey25

Krazy4hockey25 Member

How come people always say that??? This isn't G1 Starscream, no matter in what continum hes still always the treacherous decepticon!!!! If he's not G1, then which continum do you all compare to him and didn't you all see the comparisons when Bay was comparing Welkers voice to Weavings voice and they were both insulting Starscream. From G1 to the movie?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  19. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree. There is no evidence to prove he did, but there is no evidence to prove he didn't either. It COULD be something they use in the sequel or it may never be discussed.

My thought is this. Starscream was just having fun at this point. I mean, why wasn't he helping Megatron fight Prime? Blackout was going to help out...but then he is very loyal to Megs. I like to think Starscream got bored, saw the jets and decided to kill himself some fleshlings. With Blackout, the largest and most loyal Decepticon down, Starscream suddenly found himself with an opportunity he didn't expect. He transforms, snuck into the other F-22s and fired away! With Megatron gone, the entire Decepticon force (if there are other Autobots, there are other 'Cons) is his to command.

At the very least, even if he didn't fire upon Megatron, I bet he had snuck his way into the other F-22's ranks to help facilitate his escape.

20. Spartan Prime

Exactly. Proven or not, name one incarnation of 'Screamer that hasn't been opportunistic. Even in Armada he had scuffles with Megs, if not for leadership than because he just plain didn't like him.

My thoughts exactly.