Which Zeta Toys/ToyWorld Combiner to pick up first???

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Logan Yu, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Logan Yu

Logan Yu IceIsNice

Ebay:
    I don’t have any masterpiece-scale combiners in my collection yet, but I finally decided on picking up oke from Zeta/Toy World since they seem like the only ones to do justice to the actual MP scaling. I want to eventually buy Toyworld Constructor, Zeta Armaggedon and the Zeta Dinoking but I don’t have nearly enough money saved up to buy all three right now. I know that the Armaggedon isn’t finished yet with Blitzreig to come out in a month or so, but which one of these three figures do you recommend I buy first and when?

2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Constructor. It’s rhe original and the best. It’s about as close to G1 as we have at the moment, all the bots are pretty slick and it’s very solid.
    Most of all, you can get it in a boxed set that should save you a fair bit.
    And from my personal perspective, it’s the best looking of theirs.
    Bruticus is just atrocious in individual alt and bot modes. And their Superion has pretty average alt modes as well. But that’s purely opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say it is better to call the Combaticons alt modes "inaccurate" rather than "atrocious". They do look good for what they are. It isn't wrong for bot modes (though I wouldn't call them that I can see why others would).

• Like Like x 2
  4. Logan Yu

Logan Yu IceIsNice

Ebay:
    Thanks for your advice. I see what you mean by your dislike of the alt modes, I especially don’t really like Blast Off’s or Onslaught’s either. Is there any other suggestions you would have for a different Bruticus?

5. Eleyre

Eleyre Well-Known Member

Unique Toys is putting one out, though I don’t think it’s quite as big.

6. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the dinobot combiner is much smaller than the others, if you are interested in MP scale it's not going to fit very well.

7. minstral

minstral It's all about G1 Masterpiece

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Purely speculative but who knows how long Toyworld will be around for. They werent known for paying their designers and who's to say they won't do that again. Get green constructor while you still can and while there's reissues. Toyworld may continue to be around in the future but Constructor could be a long time in-between reissues if they get into a groove again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a really tough call I think. UT Bruticus is kind of flawed. The leg bots (Swindle and Brawl) are absolutely stunning. Amazingly G1 accurate in all modes and super solid. I bought them without hesitation. Then their Onslaught starts to depart from G1 accuracy with a lot of kibble and has some major QC issues - especially in Combined mode. And then the arms really start to depart from G1 accuracy in bot mode, with a lot parts hanging off and a general feeling of being less sleek as the first two.
    Biggest flaw though is combined mode. The torso is just way too small for the arms and legs. You end up with a grossly misproportioned combiner with huge limbs tacked onto a too small body. It's not a great look. Plus it also ends up kind of short for an MP.
    Zeta's looks pretty good in Combined mode if that's your priority, but as mentioned has issues with bot and alt (alts are wrong for G1 MP - Swindle as a Humvee? uuurrggghhhh)

MMC have announced a Bruticus that will be minimising parts forming by having combiner hands and feet incorporate into the transformation instead of being seperate parts. Their line drawings look okay but I'm skeptical of the finished product due to possible compromises to avoid partsforming. And again, will probably be a lot shorter than desired for MP.

Menasor and Superion are easy wins with multiple great versions of the first, and FansToys doing what (in my eyes) seems like a really nice set of aerial-bots.
    Personally I'm getting FT for my Superion, probably for Menasor and will likely be swapping out TW Constructor for FT version when that is released (currently a 18 noth to 2 year old sillouhette). It seems likely that FT will do all combiners - and a Bruticus at least seems inevitable.

Given all thta, I've personally decided to hold off and wait for either FT or XTB for Bruticus. Nothing currently on deck looks good enough.
    But I do still love my UT Brawl and Swindle.

9. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

Get UT Ragnaros, good looking combined mode, alt-modes and robot modes, Zeta's Armageddon only works in "combined mode" (the alt-modes look great too).

TW Constructor (yellow or orange) looks good too. At the price they are asking for it, I would say it's worth it.

10. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

If you want MP combiner' s don't get Dinoking it's not even close to MP sized.

11. blorgicus

blorgicus Well-Known Member

Constructor box set any flavor you want (qc permitting) is the best we'll get from them for a while and it's my g1 devy

• Like Like x 1
  12. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Do yourself a favour and don't listen to those suggesting UT Bruticus. It's not very good quality, it's too small (looks puny next to Constructor) and the proportions are fucked. Huge limbs on a mini torso.

Zeta limbs can be had for a bargain on the second hand market as impatient ppl offload and if Bruticus is anywhere near as good as Devastator that shit will dry up in no time when ppl start posting pics of the two titans together. Same situation with the Aerialbots, I've seen them go for as little as £35 posted and I'm tempted to pic up another Fireflight and Air Raid so I can have a standing Superion once Silverbolt is out:

20180712_163024.jpg

But then I honestly couldn't give a toss about individual modes once they're all out though. It's all about that massive combined mode baby.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Kombat Econ

Kombat Econ Active Member

I have to agree that the unique toys swindle and brawl are good. I held off on the rest because of the act issues and the less than cartoon accurate look the other 3 , plus his combine mode is to small for me. I am waiting to see how zeta toys bruticus turns out before I make the move

• Like Like x 1
  14. davidsix

davidsix Well-Known Member

I have Constructor and he is awesome combined next to my other MP's. I am getting Zeta Bruticus. If you have the cash for just one for now, I get Constructor gift set first.

15. Zawicki

Zawicki Well-Known Member

To be fair some, like me, don't think Ragnaros looks good in combined mode.
    Idk why I was quoted lol

16. Kombat Econ

Kombat Econ Active Member

I was about to pull the trigger on TW green constructor gift set ( TW C07) $465. Now TF Source has the yellow ( TW C07B) with all the upgrades : purple mixing barrel, yellow thighs , abdomen fillers , long haul feet and G1 head . All for lower price $299, I love G1 colors but $165 saving means I can get 2 or 3 zeta combaticon

• Like Like x 2
  17. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yea tough call. It just stinks that I pulled the trigger on one on eBay a few months back and now they do a huge price drop. Grrrr. LOFL. It happens. As a buyer you are never ahead of the curve. Sometimes you get burned if you buy too soon and the price drops and other times you lose out if you wait too long and production dries up.

18. jxb1105

jxb1105 Active Member

Toyworld Devy is the best version out so far for a 3p Devastator IMO. I am still on the fence about the Zeta Bruticus and Superion.

Waiting for the day TF Source drops the price of the G1 colors. Grats on your purchase.

19. junkbot

junkbot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I am on the fence on keeping or selling one of my sets of the G1 color. I bought the individual ones when they first came out and got sick of waiting for the upgrades so I pulled the trigger on the gift set. I mean, I’ll lose out of course selling them. If I don’t then I can keep them and not have to screw with combining them into devy mode. Yes I know lazy. Hahah.

Who on here has both sets still?

20. dxp

dxp Well-Known Member

Constructor is one of my favorites, easily top 3 of all masterpiece level figures.

• Like Like x 1