Which X-teens team had it the hardest?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Infosaur, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

The Original X-Men: Basically gave up their teenage years to become soldiers in a race war.

The New Mutants: All the grief of being an X-men with the glory of a B-team

Generation X: I think this stands as the team with the highest fatality rate

X-Men Academy: You're now mainsteam, you have cool powers and a school where you can learn how to use them. Opps Decimation! Now 80% of you go home.

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    X-Nation

Your entire team ends up being killed off due to impending 2099 cancellations. Only four members end up surviving. A female minor who ends up the apple of a bunch of humans' eyes in the Savage Land, a guy who can grow huge stuck in a now flooded Earth, a kid turned in to a wolf, and a kid who finds out he's the planted spy for the second invasion of the Phalanx, and then is chosen to become Doom's successor.

Yeah. X-Nation.

3. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

X-Men Academy.

They've killed off more characters in this series than any other I've read. Screw GenX, the Academy folks have had lots more fatalities.

Laurie Collins, Brian (Tag), Jay Guthrie, and about 30 others I can't recall the names of at the top of my head.

4. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    That's a toughie.

The New Mutants had to deal with the death of Cypher and being ruled over with an increasingly iron fist by Magneto. And then they ended up becoming Cable's little soldiers for the future. They also had the Gossamyr storyline, which no one should have to live through.

Generation X has had to put up with a lot of crap in recent years. Skin, Synch, and Banshee all dead. Chamber and Jubilee depowered. Husk being written by Chuck Austen. Who knows what ever happened to Penance. All that, and they had to suffer through the Larry Hama run (a giant talking weasel? A giant talking weasel!?! :banghead:  ).

New X-Men has had a tough time, too. First of all, they all had to put up with that whiny bitch Wallflower and that a-hole Elixir, quite possibly the two most annoying X-characters ever. Then about 90% of them lose their powers. Finally, personality-less background characters with surprisingly huge fanbases start getting killed off by the score. I think the official count of dead students is now at around 45, mostly "third mutant from the left"s, but a couple of real characters, too. Still, at least Wallflower now has a nice new hole in her head, so the New X-Men have that going for them.

So, all in all, I'm going to say Gen X has had the worst time. Sure, a lot of kids died in New X-Men, but 95% of them were just background props. All the shit that's happened to the Gen X kids has happened to people that we actually cared about.

Besides, nothing that could happen to the New X-Men gang could be worse than Larry Hama. :( 

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The original X-Men, there costumers where horrible! And they didn’t have a cool holographic simulate anything you could ever think of Danger Room.

6. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

Dammit. I was going to post that. Good work, Kickback.

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    :) 

I re-read all my X-Men 2099 stories, as well as X-Nation and X-Man comics.

It was a long day yesterday.

8. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

X-Statix...everything about it just sucked.

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Not really what this thread is about. Mind you, the X-Statix gang had it really rough, what with the really high mortality rate, but they weren't a teen team. And we're not really discussing the merits of the title itself.

That and I, for one, really liked X-Statix (at least when they were X-Force, I didn't like it as much after Edie died).