Which would You open? Premium vs Regular.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megatronwp38, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

So I just bought Premium leader Megs and Prime.I also have the regular versions. Which ones should I open? I want to open the Premium but I am thinking they may be the better ones to leave sealed. thoughts...?

2. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Premium should retain their value better, since the color is better than the regular. My opinion of course.

3. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

but some might see the regular as the first one and the premiums as the "second chance to get em" so they might see reg as the original, even if it is less accurate... id go with premium but tbh, i never leave a tf unopened

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

This was my thought. The premiums are clogging shelves where the originals are long gone.

5. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    at the moment, the regular movie line is impossible to find, virtually..so i'd open the premium.
    even now, premium leaders are easy to find in any toy store....even in singapore...
    however, it maybe true that premiums will retain their value more....i like the deco on the premiums better, and i think theyre done better...just my opinion too :D 

PS: i also open all my TFs :D  cant help it, i need to transform n pose em...in the box just doesnt do it for me lol...

6. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a tough one. It all depends on what you intend to do once you open which ever one. Like said before the Premium one is all over and the Original is nowhere to be found.

So if it's just for display reasons only I 'd say Premium all the way. If you plan on a lil action scene posing and the posed fighting with other figs I say the Original so you would'nt scratch or nick the paint on premium.

And also if you still want to just pose premium but you rather have Prime with a gun I say hit up Junkions I'm sure someone might have one lying around instead of just opening the Original Prime for his gun.