Customs: which would be more popular-starscream custom

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by wild weasel, Jul 11, 2011.

1. wild weasel

wild weasel New Member

Hi everybody! I'm new here(duh :D ) and I'm not really a tf fan(I'm a gijoe collector) but I was wondering, if I do a starscream custom(using the true heroes f-22 and my trusty airbrush), which would be more popular for the tf colectors, the classic scheme(like the sdcc skystriker) or the newer gunmetal-ish grey with black(like this: http://www.seibertron.com/images/products/large/rotf-voyager-starscream2.jpg )

Also, what other transformers characters could be done as an F-22(sorry again I don't really know much about Tf, I omly really know there is decepticons, another faction, and starscream thanks to the sdcc skystrikier)

Thanks!

2. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    Classics in my opinion, as for other F-22's Skywarp and Thundercracker.

3. wild weasel

wild weasel New Member

Cool! Thanks! I figured more would be interested in the classic colors. Also, would it be best to match the f-22 paint schemes, or transfer the classic paint scheme to the f-22?

4. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    If you're doing it to sell it, I would recommend doing a true G1 Starscream homage. Going authentic/gray won't deliver as well in my opinion because there is a large scale "Leader Class" 'Screamer that can transform available.

Granted he's not nearly as big as those True Heroes F22s, But it would just look like a custom painted F22, not necessarily a Starscream. I say go SDCC=ish. Also the SDCC hype might boost sales.

5. wild weasel

wild weasel New Member

Thanks for the reply! I was going to make 2 of each that would be accurrate as an f-22 and sell one of each and keep the others, hopefully allowing the ones for myself to be free :)  Does anybody have a good set of picture of the logos I'll need? That'd be much aprreciated! Alsso, with thundercracker, would it be best to do the tealish blue or the medium blue?

Thanks guys!

6. wild weasel

wild weasel New Member

also, should they have a flat finish or a glossy finish?

7. McFlarene

McFlarene Protector

Flat finishes go with the classic cartoon-look better and glossy finishes tend to go better with the realistic-look