Which Will Be More In-Demand Later On? Warpath/Wheeljack/Thundercracker?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kickback, May 11, 2011.

?

Who will be more desired later? Warpath Wheeljack or Thundercracker?

1. Warpath

50.3%
  2. Wheeljack

33.5%
  3. Thundercracker

13.9%
  4. None of the above

2.3%
  1. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Pretty simple.

Which of the three figures in the latest Generations wave release are going to be the most sought-after down the road?

Everyone wants Warpath now, but will they want him as much 6 months from now? What about Wheeljack? Or Thundercracker?

This is the hottest Generations wave yet, and scalpers are already flipping some of these figures for double what they paid. So who do you think is going to end up demanding more value and demand later on?

2. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I'm thinking Wheeljack because this is the first official incarnation of him since the good old days of G1.

true folks love Warpath but he's already had a couple toys made since his original G1 self came to be. :) 

3. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheeljack has already been in his wave and warpaths, so theoretically there are more of him out there. If there are no more revision waves, I'd say warpath. But if we get a later summer revision wave (highly likely if Generations really does continue) then I'd say its 50/50 between the two.

4. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    This one is really tough...

TC for everyone wanting to finish off the Seekers. Look at Ramjet now, compared to the beginning of the year.

WJ because EVERYONE has been wanting one.

And WP for the same reason as WJ. This has been the hottest wave of Generations to come out, a dream wave if you will.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Seekers always have a tendancy to be sought after. If yuo get one yuo will want all 6 to complete the line.

Personally I think all 3 will be very highly sought after but TC wins for the seeker factors.

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Can't see how it's not Warpath. One wave. One line. One Toy.

Multiple Thundercrackers released over the years, Generations version is in two waves.

Two different Wheeljacks, Generations one in two waves.

7. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow. Hard to choose here. You have WJ who is just an awesome figure and one it seems a lot of people have wanted. You have TC who is in demand for reasons listed. And you have WP who is only in this wave and even if hes seen at discount stores he probably will be the rarest one out of the three.

Considering Kup and Scourge are also in this case assortment I would have to say this is my favorite wave of them all so far.

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Warpath is the rarest, but in the semi-long term, I suspect it will be Wheeljack. Who DOESN'T want Wheeljack? Not to mention he has fantastic word-of-mouth, I've seen a dozen "I expected to hate this but..." testimonials.

9. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For right now, I say Warpath since he's in the same position as Henkei Red Alert was - until a release across the pond is announced and confirmed, this is your only option.

When/if Warpath gets a Takara release, I'd say it's between him and Wheeljack, and I'd lean toward Wheeljack since he's more popular.

I think Thundercracker will be sought after, but there were still two previous releases that are out there (Gentei, Botcon) that could become slightly more affordable thanks to the Generations release, plus knockoffs of the Seeker mold are out there as well.

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Warpath is hot right now, but I think in the long run Wheeljack will be more in demand.

11. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm going to roll with Thundercracker on this just because of the whole Botcon deal.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    All of them, but I chose Thundercracker just since everyone always wants to complete the Seekers. Hard choice though.

13. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TC has seen way too many releases and the KO helps suppresses part of the demand for the figure. Wheeljack is probably it. Warpath is great and all but wheeljack is more iconic and has alot more lines in the show then Warpath ever did.

14. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can't decide. Thundercracker gets a boost from Seeker-mania, Wheeljack for being underrepresented, and Warpath for being such a damn good mold.

15. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I chose Wheeljack.

The reasoning I have is because everyone is focused on Warpath at the moment. And yes, he's an amazing figure and I think he's one of the best released for the entire Generations line. But it's a first release for the mold, meaning we will get a retooling or a repaint down the road. The "Tracks" mold is used for "Wheeljack", and anymore they tend to stop using a mold (for the most part) after a repaint/retooling. That being said, I think Wheeljack will end up being more valuable down the road, simply because of ALL the attention and desire being for Warpath now.

Warpath may be going for $40 to $50 on eBay and various "For Sale" threads here now, but in 6 months I think Wheeljack will be going for $60, especially with all the upcoming add-ons for the character (you KNOW they're coming).

$0.02.

16. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it will be Wheeljack. Generations Wheeljack is more color accurate than United version. There is a stong likelyhood that Takara will release Warpath at some point hopefully with nice paint apps. I don not have Warpath yet but I do have Wheeljack and he is near perfect in my opinion.

17. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member

I say Wheeljack, hands down

18. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Logic says Thundercracker but my gut says Wheeljack.

I vote Wreck-Gar:lol 

19. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    Thundercracker, As the fandom grows one of the first things everyone will want to do is complete the seekers.

20. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

Wheeljack. We don't exactly have a lot of Classics style choices for the character these days and probably won't have many in the future.