Which version of un. powerglide should I get?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NemesisBruticus, Nov 12, 2008.

?

Which version?

1. Stormcloud

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Henkei

22 vote(s)
    38.6%
  3. Original

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Pick one. Stormcould, henkei, or original.

2. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    He's my least favorite Universe mold, so I'd have to say "whatever's cheaper."

3. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Storm Cloud hands down, the regular version is lame and the Henkei, wile nice, is too expensive for what you get and the mold isnt worth it. Storm Cloud has an awesome paint job on par if not better then the Henkei (unless you really have a thing for G1 show characters), and is a lot cheaper to boot.

4. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    If I DO get him I'm going for Stormcloud.

5. blitzwingfan94

blitzwingfan94 Vikings are the bomb!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Stormcloud! Great choice in colors!

6. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

Had Powerglide (Original), sold him. He was fugly.

7. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

How is powerglide all together? I bought onslaught and thought he was great. How does he compare.

8. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There's not a choice for "Meh, whichever."

9. Nocturn

Nocturn Doesn't really use TFW

For Universe/classics 2.0, he's weak. The A-10 mode is cool enough, but in white, is fails to pop, to be interesting. The robot is a catastrophe of white panels and floppy parts, with electornics that trigger way too easily and parts that won't stay together.

Okay, a bit of an exaggeration, but I wouldn't recommend Powerglide. Stormcloud, however, looks promising, but I'm not going to return to such a disappointment.

Onslaught kicks his ass left and right without lifting a finger.

10. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Is silverbolt better than powerglide and onslaught or not? Im guessing not for onslaught.

11. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    I have to go with HASBRO's version. I cannot resist white jets.

12. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Henkei 100% all the way totally dude.

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Hah. You're never going to get a solid answer from a question like this. There are always going to be some who prefer the price of a Hasbro, and people who prefer the G1-accuracy of Henkei.

As long as the character looks generally like the G1 character, by that I mean general color scheme and the mold, then I'm fine with that. Whatever design is added onto the scheme is okay by me. Nothing that big and in some cases (Bumblebee), it can be called an improvement.

But for my real answer?

Stormcloud. Not that I have either that or Powerglide, but my Classics shelf needs more Decepticons. And I only buy new molds, no repainted Energon or Cybertron figures for me. So if I were to pick up this guy, it'd be to put some balance in my Force.

14. lookinglasself

lookinglasself 1.21 Jigowatts

Although I don't like the mold, I like Henkei Powerglide better than Stormcloud and I own both figures. Besides the price point and the weird size class (he would have been fine as a Voyager), Henkei Powerglide is the way to go.

15. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    storm cloud is...well, not powerglide, so i dont think it should be an option, or a replacement.. its a cool looking figure, sure...who doesnt like black repaints? :D  imo, hasbro powerglide is very nice... and the best, thats wat i voted for here... the henkei one, while more cartoon accurate, is too red, and a red jet that size looks dumb...if theyre gonna take little powerglide and make him an ultra class figure, then the new paint job looks cooler, its a total redesign really...making it fully red doesnt work...but thats just for me...but seriously, storm cloud is not an option for this thread :D  get storm cloud AND one of the powerglides

EDIT: and about ur question on onslaught and the silverbolt.. this is my order of the best TFU ultras
    1. Onslaught - the best by far, total badass, in both modes
    2. Silverbolt - very cool figure, great homage to G1, and although simple, its beautiful
    3. Powreglide (Hasbro) - dunno why people dont like the mold.. i love it

and for people who think everyone who chooses hasbro over henkei coz of the price, thats only for people in the US.. im in asia, and the price of a henkei figure is the same as the hasbro one, and i chose the hasbro

16. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

I guess I'll be in the minority here, and say that Universe Powerglide is my favorite of the three paint schemes. The Red of the henkei kills it for me, because I think all the red is very unrealistic in his A-10 alt mode. Just way too much overall. I have the Hasbro version of Powerglide and I was well pleased with my purchase. I'm not a fan of Purple, which Storm Cloud has a lot of. I also don't have any joint problems with mine either. I would suggest the Hasbro Powerglide, I like al the red in robot mode of the henkei, but the extra cost just doesn't seem justifiable. So I guess my final advice would be get whatever one YOU like best. Everyone has their own opinions...and I wouldn't choose a figure based on others opinions. Get the one that appeals most to your eyes.

If I myself had to choose, I'd say Hasbro Powerglide 1st, and then Storm Cloud second...due only to the Henkei costing so much, and Storm Cloud, because it adds one more soldier to limited rank of the Decepticons in the Classics Universe.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    stormcloud same price as usa powerglide....It's $$$$ that'll make me get him over Universe pOwerglide....but i do want the henkei version though.

18. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Originally, I was really turned off by the Hasbro coloured Powerglide when pictures first started showing up. And when the Henkei pictures surfaced I thought "Now that looks like Powerglide". However, I came across the Hasbro one in Toy's R Us one day and instantly wanted it. The colour scheme, to me, actually works a lot better. There's just enough red to it to let you know it's Powerglide without it looking like an airshow jet instead of a jet used to actually blow stuff up. The Henkei version just has too much red to it for me to take it seriously, especially at the Ultra size. Perhaps if it had been a Deluxe, the all red wouldn't be so bad. But in the end, I'd say go with the Hasbro version.

19. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    glad to see people agree with me about the large henkei jet with too much red :D 

20. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the mold...I know I'm in the minority. I bought Original Powerglide and Stomrcloud, but repainted them both.

It doesn't compare to Onslaught though..Onslaught is awesome.