Which version of transformers was your favorite?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by soundwave142, Mar 23, 2012.

1. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    Transformers prime is my favorite version of the transformers series. My first series was armada when I was younger, but never finished the unicron trilogy due the added cgi characters. Then i was introduced to the movies which was a kids fav thing to see ( giant robots beating eachother ), TFA was enjoyable and had a lot of interesting character but I never really got into it until the last season and bb and bulk annoyed the hell out me >_<. Then I saw a promo for some new transformers mini-series. it didn't catch my eye at. All i was was a bunch of bushy eyebrowed transformers fighting eachother. It wasn't until later I saw convoy when i got interested so I went on youtube and dug of previous episodes ever since then i have been hooked on Prime. Since Prime will probably be the Tf series i'll look back on when i'm older an looking on future youtube for nostalgic things. What are your guys favorite and least fav tf series and what do you think about prime?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFA is my favorite. Energon is my least favorite. Prime is decent. Entertaining but a few annoying flaws.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    My favourites right now are Prime,Beast Wars and Animated.

I don't really have any least favourites but I would say that Armada has the most flaws for me though not to a horrible degree.

4. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beast Wars was my first TF series growing up, so gotta go with that. Nothing like waking up before school and eventually after school and seeing what the Maximals were up to. Then RiD came, liked that too, the human aspect of the show was pretty cool, like Scourge and whatnot. No real least favorites, but I did watch all the G1 episodes in a row this past December and it was NOT easy...

5. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I grew up watching G1 but my favorite was Beast Wars and it's currently tied with Prime

6. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

my favs are BW, BM, TFA and TFP, I like movieverse, but not the movies by themselves
    to put an order: BW > BM > TFP > TFA (until now)

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Marvel G1 is my favourite series, followed by TFA, Beast Wars and Masterforce.

Prime is lackluster to me.

8. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Cartoon G1, Prime, Animated, Beast Wars

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    G1 and the Beast shows are my favorite. Then Animated and the Bay movies. Then Prime.

During the first season, it seemed like I was enjoying Prime more than now, and although I didn't think it was as good yet as Animated turned out, it seemed like it was getting closer and closer. But now it feels like the gap is widening again, imo, with Animated starting to leave Prime in the dust, in terms of my enjoyment.

But I admit there are outside factors involved. The whole FE line thing and the fucked up way Hasbro handled it really put a damper on my anticipation for the second season. I kind of felt like, hey, if these guys aren't going to support me, why should I support them? And that probably made me more critical of any flaws in the new episodes, whereas I might have been more inclined to just ignore most flaws, the way I did during season one. Knowing I wasn't going to be able to get good versions of some of the characters made me feel less like looking at them on tv.

The other outside factor is a few of the SuperFans who feel the need to constantly tear down non-TFP Transformers to help talk about how great TFP is, and they have killed some of my enthusiasm for the show as well.

10. jazzgirl84

jazzgirl84 Mini-bot

I grew up with G1 so it will ALWAYS be my favorite..........but I must say that I really love TF Prime!

There were some I just couldn't get into and others that, well, just plain hurt. I guess I just don't adjust well to change.

11. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    I'm new to this site but I have noticed some arguments over prime in various threads Lol. Since I'm a newer fan of tf i can get I fresher look at the series And I don't per say dislike any I haven't seen all of them. But I've seen all of TFA, most of G1, all three movies and beast wars, tried getting into beast machines but The designs just looked to..... Strange for me to get into, Prime just has something interesting about it to.Lol some people seem to nit-picky to me and quick to shut down shows but it's other peoples opinions I read the reasons why they dislike certain things and I understand them. A lot of people on this site are real hardcore dedicated fans and Are probably tired of seeing certain things. Nice to know that you can always look back at previous series for a lil treat.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've enjoyed lots of series over the years but I guess I'd have to say my favorite is Beast Wars. Yea the CGI is really primitive but the characters made up for the other short comings.

Missed a few series so I can't rate them all. I guess my least favorite was the live action films, not because they were horrible or anything but the films just kept missing the things I enjoy about Transformers.

While I'm always looking forward to new episodes of Transformers Prime it just doesn't hit those same levels as Beast Wars. Just not enough of the Decepticon characters each week and I think I'm getting a little burned out on the small team concept now. Guess I'm looking for more of something like a Transformers show that could handle a massive cast like Justice League Unlimited did. I enjoy the show I just wish it was bigger.

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Prime and the Beast Era are at the top for me, no question, then the movies. I won't comment on the others.

14. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Beast Wars and Beast Machines are my favorites. I think I may like BW a little more though. Beast Wars had great writing with an ongoing story and great, likable characters.

Beast Machines has the darkest tone out of all TF shows and a solid story. It is really underrated.

Prime is a good show but the lack of an ongoing story really annoys me. I think I shall learn to like it but it shall never become my favorite. The characters all feel too bland.

Before I say which are my least favorites, there are some things that should be noted. I haven't watched Armada in a while and even overlooking Energons flaw, I couldn't sit through it again. Something about its style. I haven't gotten through any undubbed Japanese series either.

The lowest quality has to be G1 but I watch that with such low standards, I like it. So my least favorites has to be RID because the show was waaaayyy too generic anime show with weak villains. Then Cybertron because The Cons got nothing done and even worse, they kept getting beaten by the same move over and over. Whenever OP and Leobreaker combined into Savage Claw Mode, the Decepticons never figured out that the complex maneuver to escape instant defeat was to step to one side.

15. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    It'll always be G1.

16. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

prime, G1, DOTM

17. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Prime is my fave, even though my only other comparisons are G1 and Bayformers. Seen a few eps of Animated on Youtube, but was completely disappointed with the art style and the character direction they took with Prime. Starscream was quite well done, though.

I've heard a lot of praise towards Beast Wars, but I think that's the nostalgia talking, just like in G1.

18. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

This for me, too

19. Starzie

Starzie Explosions Are Fun

G1 will always be my love. XD Prime has secured second place, though, with the Bayformers being a distant third.

20. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    I grew up with G1, so it will ALWAYS BE nĂºmero uno in my book. Then the whole Beast Wars era brought me back into TF. I skipped over everything after Beast Machines up till TFP. An I gotta say, im hooked all over again an I Love it.