Which Troops Do You Affiliate With Which Leader?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BScorpinok75, Aug 18, 2015.

?

Do You Have "Splintered Factions" In Your Collection?

1. Yes

67.8%
  2. No

12.8%
  3. Stop Asking Me Questions

19.4%
  1. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    awesome thread

-

• Like Like x 1
  2. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I loved reading your teams because it really emphasizes the breadth of the brand. One thing I always thought was such a strength of Transformers was not only the huge history of the story, not only how many stories and realities, but the huge history of the brand, the depth of characters and timelines available to you.

Potchez's post does something similar, but yours is so extensive and imaginative, it was a real joy to read. I focus on the Decepticons because I like them, but the Autobot factions are just as entertaining. I love mixing things up and having fun with your own imagination and not being limited to what's matching some piece of ready-made media.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I tried to think of situations I remember from the past. I made some connections that were already there, work for me.

I remember the G1 Comic, where Fortress Maximus was leader of a group of Cybertron Autobots, including the Technobots.
    And in IDW, the Technobots work with Jetfire in a scientific fashion.

I'm not familiar with 2001 RiD, but having Scourge lead the Combaticons is an appealing idea. Having a few more militaristic Decepticons in tow is just a plus.
    Bludgeon and Mindwipe (as well as Blitzwing being one of the four from the Unbinding) have a connection in the Chaos Trinity from Dreamwave's War Within: Dark Ages.

Menasor and Black Arachnia both have an unpredictability in different ways.

Ultra Magnus has led the Autobots, reluctantly, a few times. Prime has gone missing or died as well.

I really liked the WW: Dark Ages where the factions split, so having Grimlock lead the Lightning Strike Coalition is a natural extension for me. Having a few Cybertronian mode troops under his command.

The Ultracons are also from there, with Devastator one of the active members. Having Overlord lead an offshoot Decepticon army isn't a stretch since he did it in IDW continuity (or rather, usurped command).

• Like Like x 1
  4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Thanks, I hope to start adding pics once once I get discharged from latest hospital stay and get moved....

5. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not so much 'splintered' as Subfactions/subgroups, however I do divide them up and have IDEAS for different symbols - however I lack the means with which to create them^^

AUTOBOTS-AUTOBOT ALLIES
    Primary faction-
    Optimus(Faith Leader, though if anyone makes an undersized MP10 I'll switch over). Most of my Bots that are not part of a specific subgroup and/or members of a gestalt slot into here

Special Ops
    Lead by Jazz (Third in Command). PhaseOut(TFP Smokescreen) is in this group, although I don't really have a big group for it yet as I'm deciding who's in special ops

Autobot Defense/Security
    Lead by Red Alert (Autobot Security Chief). My Autotroopers are all here, although they share the same build, they're individuals in personality and name. DeepCover and ClampDown are security members. Rook and Streetwise are both Security AND members of Defensor. Due to the 'knight' theme, the AoE Dinobots are also members of the Security Force (still working on names for them) and mostly have generic 'knight' personalities at the moment

Autobot Repair/Medic Wing
    Lead by Ratchet. Wheeljack, Minerva, First Aid, Hoist, Paradron(Green TFA Arcee), Quickfire(TFA Ratchet), Khrapovik(TFP Ratchet), Fixit(TFA Red Alert) and others

Autobot Mindhealers
    Lead by smokescreen. Rung's here (though I want a proper toy of him) and a handful of others

Wreckers (Who are MUCH more the 'elite combat unit who will refuse to engage in a suicide mission' from Marvel UK then the 'suicide squad' of IDW)
    Currently lead by Springer, formally lead by Impactor prior to his death during Operation: Volcano... and then his re-death in Kalis stopping Flame from turning on Cybertron's world star-engines.
    Actually a fairly big unit. Broadside, Rack'n'Ruin, Roadbuster, Sandstorm, Topspin, Twintwist, Whirl, Scoop, Rotorstorm, Bulkhead(TF Prime), Maljack(Malboro painted and headed Wheeljack with TFPrime Wheeljack's personality and toy), Pyro(who has his Wings personality because A: that's where I first read/met him and B: is based on the 10th Doctor) form the 'core' of the unit.
    Former members who are still 'fringe' members include Inferno, Kup, Guzzle, Ironfist(Like Pyro, it's his Wings version because that's where I saw/met him frist and... well, the over the top Aussieisms remind me of Crocodile Dundee and as a result 'my' Ironfist has a Dundee personality^^), Ultra Magnus (who was the first leader of the unit prior to standing down and giving the position to Impactor early in the war) and the triplets Hot Shot(Henkei Universe 'armada Hot Shot' toy, personality is mostly armada Hot Shot), Excellion (who has the cybertron Hot Shot persona) and Hothead (TFprime Hot shot toy and energon personality)

Dynobots (Who use a black version of the Lightning Strike Coalition symbol with a FOC Grimlock head instead of the Bot Symbol variant)
    Lead by Grimlock(Marvel UK Grimlock. Intelligent, but has a speech glitch). Note that the Dynobots are NOT Autobots. They're allies to the bots, they'll follow Optimus' orders... when they feel like it. But they are their own 'rogue' faction and none of them wear the Autoglyph. Swoop is Grimlock's SiC. On top of the normal 5 Dinobots, I have a handful of OC Dynobots. Shrike, who has a running gag of being highly stoic and never having dialog 'on screen', as I really liked the TFA comic where Swoop did so. Skar, who has the same personality and interests that that Skar, but fortunately does not share his fate. I'll be using the FP Lost-Exo Realm Pachycephalosaurus. Silhouette, who will be using the FP Lost-Exo Realm Velociraptor and is currently a quiet, cunning and loyal person. And finally Sonar, a 'sparkling' recently built who is curious and innocent... and a deadly fighter. Now I just need a decent 'Paddles' toy for him^^

DECEPTICONS-DECEPTICON ALLIES
    Primary faction, commanded by Megatron. Soundwave is Third in Command and is actually loyal to Megatron, as are the Constructicons and the Stunticons.

Seekers
    Easily forming somewhere between half to two-thirds of the Decepticon armada, the Seekers are practically a faction unto themselves. Many are loyal to the Decepticons first and foremost. Most are loyal to Starscream(Decepticon SiC) first and foremost. Then you've got a handful or million loyal to Shockwave, etc.

Shockwave (FT MP Shockwave)
    Predicons(MMC feralcons), Vehicons/Watchdogs(TFprime vehicons), several Seekers and others are loyal to Shockwave, who plays his own game and is only 'loyal' to Megatron so long as it is deemed logical. Also in command of the Decepticon Security/Defense.

Ultracons
    Lead by Ratbat(08 Universe toy)
    Mostly made up of Pretenders, Targetmasters and Powermasters, however the three 'deluxe' Insecticons (Venom, Barrage, Ransack and Chop Shop) are also loyal to him

Insecticons
    Lead by Bombshell with Kickback and Shrapnel forming the rest of the group, the insecitcons are (like the Dynobots) essentially their own faction who happen to ally with the Decepticons. Their ability to create almost unending waves of drones makes them a force to be reckoned with.

Unicronians
    Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge and the Sweeps.
    Cyclonus and Scourge are loyal only to Galvatron (who like Marvel Galvatron is essentially his own character who exsists at the same time as Megatron due to time travel) and the Sweeps are drones like the Insecticon drones

NEUTRALS
    Junkions - their own faction/people
    EDC - More the G1 group than anything because Marissa ROCKS. However, I do have it where NEST is the EDC's 'elite combat' group and is Co-Commanded by Lennox and Epps
    Handful of neutral/rogue groups, such as the one commanded by Dagger Interspace (a 'clone' of Ultra Magnus)

• Like Like x 1
  6. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    :thumb ...Like what you've got there...

7. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thank you!
    I actually have more subfactions/splintered factions/allies...
    I just need to actually get a moment where I can sort everyone out INTO said groups to put it in order^^ Once I do that I'll likely do a larger post, with images^^ I've got a diverse collection. Plus I have toys that are from different 'eras' in my mind rather than part of the main crew which further complicates matters^^

• Like Like x 1
  8. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my world everyone is under a democratic leadership, only that it isn't so democratic, because the candidates are comprised only of Optimus Primes. (Not that the populace want anyone else, though. Primes are just born good leaders.)

All the combiner teams are subgroups of their own and there is also a subgroup that consists of Megatron, Ultra Magnus, and the Outliers. (No, Rodimus/Hot Rod is NOT included here.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Cool

Look forward to seeing more from you here then :thumb ...

10. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i also have the unicrons which are different followers of unicron and their armies...

Unicron (armada)
    Unicron (Cybertron) - just foot soldiers
    BW/BM Megatron
    BM Thrust
    BM Jetstorm
    BM Tankor
    BM Strika
    BM Obsidian
    their drones (the majority of Unicron's army)
    Armada Sideways
    Tarantulus
    Magmatron (Beast Wars Neo)
    Dinotron (beast wars neo)
    Airachdis (Beast wars neo)
    Guiledart (Beast wars neo)
    Saberback (Beast wars neo)
    Galvatron (Mania King)

• Like Like x 1
  11. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Sweet, makes me consider adding Timelines Strika, Timelines Obsidian and Generation Tankor to my Unicrons...who are currently made up of UV2 Galvatron, HEI Cyclonus, UNT Scourge, T/L Razorclaw, TF10 Cyclonus as Armada or Crumplezone, GEN Scourge as Carnage the Sweep, GEN Scourge as Discord the Sweep, GEN Scourge as Malice the Sweep, UV2 Overkill and T/L Weirdwolf...I will add TR Galvatron and TR Tryptycon upon release...

12. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Since my collection is used pretty much for my webcomic I have four shelves: the Rogues, which are the main cast (Dealer, Arcee, Jazz, Asajj Ventress, baby Clouder, Grimlock, and gay couple FOC Optimus and FOC Megatron), the Autobots (have new real leader and mostly infight) and the Decepticons (Megatron was voted out by the Con Union and they are holding elections. Megatron now wonders with Lugnut who serves as his doggy)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Darkryt

Darkryt Combiner Enthusiast

I tend to do Autobots, Decepticons, and then use a Nemesis Prime as a cult leader. Also starting up an IDW Ark-1 crew with Battle Core Optimus Prime and Thrilling 30 Jhiaxus. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  14. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Who you plan on adding to the Ark-1 crew...???...

15. ParaChomp

ParaChomp I am what I am

Of course, it usually depends on if they interacted in various continuities.

• Like Like x 1
  16. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here is one of my shelves

[​IMG]

Does THIS answer your question?

(Also I just found my Rumble(blue))

• Like Like x 1
  17. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I often split up at least my Decepticons. I don't really have that big a collection but I usually have at least one splinter group, whether it's led by Starscream, Shockwave, Scorponok, Bludgeon, whatever. The different goals, desires and allegiances of the Decepticons/Predacons is one of the main things that makes them so much more interesting than the Autobots/Maximals, so I almost always try to represent that in my collection. Sometimes I'll split up the Autobots, especially when it comes to the Dinobots but I almost always do it with the 'Cons.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Do you have any Wreckers in your collection...???...

19. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Cybertron Alliance 16/3

[​IMG]
    G2 Autobot Alliance 7/9

T/L Sir Pyro Ignatius Spark
    (GEN Combat Hero Op as Surefire)
    GEN G2 Jazz
    T/L Rapido
    T/L Electro
    T/L Scorch
    T/L Streetwise
    (CST G2 Sideswipe)
    HFTD Hubcap as Volt

NOTES: The "Second Generation" or neo-G2 sub-faction of Autobots...who were manufactured on Earth at various Cyberfactory - Transformers Wiki s across the world...the first & largest of these were built in Japan, the United Kingdom & United States of America...their primary objective is to protect the planet Earth from the expanding threat of the Cybertronian War...they are led by Sir Pyro Ignatius Spark, sometimes called Pyro or Spark...their main base of operations is in the United Kingdom...due to threat of the Cybertronian Empire they have aligned with their neo-G2 Decepticon brothers to form the Cybertron Alliance to protect the Earth, their home world...

~~~~~~~~~~

[​IMG]

Decepticon Syndicate 10/13

T/L Clench
    UNT Megatron as Archforce
    (T/L Starscream)
    T/L Ramjet
    T/L Thundercracker
    (GDO Powerdive)
    T30 Dreadwing
    TF10 Terradive as Hooligan
    UNI Skyjack
    DOTM Space Case
    T/L Cindersaur
    (T/L Double Punch)
    T/L Breakdown

The "Second Generation" or neo-G2 sub-faction the Decepticon Syndicate...were manufactured on Earth at various Cyberfactory - Transformers Wiki s across the world...the first & largest of these were built in Japan, the United Kingdom & United States of America...have alligned with their neo-G2 Autobot brothers as the Cybertron Alliance...to protect the planet Earth from the expanding threat of the Cybertronian Empire...led by the Warlord Clench, also referred to as Colossus..,are based out of Texas, USA...for the most part their are not a troublesome bunch of 'cons...

[() = No Current Figure Representation]

20. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

My collection is splintered by class size. Legends class Swerve has managed to get himself elected leader of my legends size bots, which also includes several minicons, my FOC data disks, and MP Soundwave's cassetts. The deluxes, voyagers, and leaders are separated by faction, with loose alliances amongst the sizes, mostly for protection from the legends army.

• Like Like x 1