Which trilogy is Better that the Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Rodihide, Aug 19, 2012.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Yes it is. I grew up with toy story. All 3 movies were masterpieces. Tf 1 was good, rotf was meh and dotm was good but the series is not close to the masterpiece of toy story. Tom hanks > movie franchise. Every character in toy story had character even if they were a back ground toy. Transformers has one liner supporting characters. Toy story 3 makes you feel sad but yet makes you understand growing up. Transformers has explosions.

2. AdamLV0489

AdamLV0489 Well-Known Member

Dark Knigt, Godfather, LOTR, Bourne, Star Wars....

The TF trilogy is out of the race, bacause of ROTF.

3. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

The tougher question is what trilogies are worse than Bayformers?

I'd say Star Wars 1-3 is the only one that readily comes to mind.

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

OOH, those two are like neck and neck.

5. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    How so? Transformers had multiple flaws like very limited characterization, too much human screentime and just Michael Bay period.

Only things wrong with the SW Prequels were Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman, plus the whole Jar Jar Binks fiasco gone wrong.

6. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

I would like to live in a world where the only things wrong with SW episodes 1-3 were only those you mention....

7. Rodihide

Rodihide Batmobile Autobot

ROTF blew the whole entire trilogy.

8. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

:lol  Gotta agree there. I didn't enjoy the prequels at all. I could write an essay on all the problems I had with those films. They were awful to me.

9. toaster

toaster It's Hip to be Square !

Do you people have souls ?

I think that was the whole point with Lotso. He was suppose to be this dark character that we can sympathize with. I mean he got replaced, that's gotta be hard for anyone. I actually felt sorry for the guy.

Huh, would ya look at that. I'm more interested in talking about toys than the robots even after seeing all 3 movies yesterday.

10. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    this

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I didn't feel any sympathy towards him that's the point and I'm not an emotionless machine. Lotso is unlikeable in anyways. I wish they didn't bother making him sympathetic. I wish he was more of a evil jerkass for the sake of being one.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Indeed. Sometimes people (or plushies) are bad just because they're bad. While I'm generally all for giving a bad guy a good backstory, I get kinda tired these days with stories always trying to make out the bad guy is only bad because something bad happened to them, like that it makes it somehow understandable and them less bad in the end.

13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    (M)any other trilogies.

14. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I admit that I haven't seen Hayden Christensen in very many movies so I honestly can't say if he's a good actor or if his role in Star Wars represents the limits of his talent.

I have seen Natalie Portman in several films and the Star Wars problem isn't that she doesn't have range as an actor but rather that she played the part exactly like the director and writer wanted her to play the role. I watched her in Closer (hey she was playing a stripper) and it is difficult to imagine it was the same actor who seemed so wooden in the Star Wars films.

15. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I always find it amusing how many people mistakenly call Transformers a "trilogy" just because there's 3 movies. Real trilogies have a beginning, middle & end with an ongoing story/plot arc. The Transformers movies, however, were just 3 stand-alone episodes that are only tied together because of the characters who appear... not unlike the G1 cartoon. Nothing about this franchise is a "trilogy".

16. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

No, they are tied together, and they also stand alone, it was a trilogy. Actually maybe even more so than other "trilogies" Indiana Jones comes to mind.

17. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Lord of the Rings was a trilogy. The Dark Knight was a trilogy. Star Wars was a trilogy. The first 3 Pirates of the Caribbean were a trilogy. Transformers is NOT a trilogy. Hell, even the original 3 Die Hard's were a legitimate trilogy compared to Transformers.

3 stand alone movies does not automatically equal a trilogy. A collection, sure. A trilogy, nope.

18. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Back to the future

Star Trek

Lord of the Rings

19. roccondil5

roccondil5 sculptor

Actually, as I said before, LOTR is not really a trilogy, seeing as the books were never meant to be a trilogy. They were writen as a single story which got divided into 3 for practical reasons

20. toaster

toaster It's Hip to be Square !

I think that can be a bad thing though. People criticize the second one for being too jokey(I will never understand them) and the third for being too dark. I like the sympathetic route because I'm confused about it. I don't like him either but I feel sad for him. It's the same way I feel for Jason Todd in Batman: Under the Red Hood.

It happened again.