which transformers do we sell?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blackjkb, Mar 12, 2010.

1. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

ok guys,sooner or later we are gonna run out of room for the famous transformers...and your wife or girlfreind,boyfreind or husband will want them out....so out of all of them...which ones do you sell?

2. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

i am at the point of denial of running out of room...i went thru my collection...packed a good amount of it into boxes with packing paper...into storage...yet i continue to buy new transformers...it is a terrible disease ....transformer collecting....

3. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

im kind of not just into keeping just transformers...i mean everything.....lets take a water bottle perhaps....ill say "OH LETS KEEP THAT IT WILL BE WORTH SOMETHING IN THE YEARS!" ten years later...at a junk buyers place "11 BUCKS FOR THIS??? BUT ITS A FAMOUS WATER BOTTLE CAP!! back to topic...i agree but i keep my transformers in shoe boxes....only 25th anni. prime do i keep out..

4. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I'm working on selling all most all my newer stuff. I have no attachment to it at all.

5. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I sell Mini-Cons. I find to hard to sell Transformers. Unless you're talkin' Backstop. I'd sell him in a New York minute if I hadn't destroyed and thrown him away.

6. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

For me, the "weak link" in the collection would definitely be the AEC Trilogy stuff and the Titaniums. I already purged a bit of AEC, but I found myself reluctant to sell some of the better figures. Still, if push came to shove, those would be the ones booted out the door.

BW would be there, too, but it's barely worth counting as I only have about a dozen BW figures.

I'd also purge out some of the doubles.... for instance, the various repaints of Movie Bumblebee or Ratchet.

After that it would start to get difficult.

7. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Probably most of the bots and cons I have. Expect Alt Hound, Tracks, MP Skywarp, and a few G1 bots I like.

The Maximals, Predacons, and Vehicons would stay. They are more important to me then gold.

8. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm lucky enough to have plenty of room for my collections...and though the shelves are getting a little cramped I'mgoing to renovate my garage into a "Man Cave" this Spring so my fiancee will have plenty of room for her things inside.

BUT I've often thought about what I would sell off if I needed the money or needed the room.

First to go would definitely be Animated(Except for Grimlock and Waspinator) and my SWTFs and Crossovers. Then probably some repaints I bought on impulse or some non-show BW/ BM characters or Movie toys I feel are overated. When it all comes down to it though the ones I'd throw a fit about parting with are my Classicverse, G1's and Masterpieces.

9. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Anything that doesn't have a real place in my collection is always the first to go, like random toys I bought from seperate lines, but don't really fit in with anything else.

I'm torn between selling my Classics and Universe 2.0 right now as they don't get displayed anymore, but I still really like them.

10. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry, not running out of room and my gf supports my collection as she is as a big a dork as i am! so good luck too the rest of ya...

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    nothing.

anyone who tries to tell me what I can and cannot have would be discarded instead.

12. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    It's awesome isn't it? :thumb 

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have run out of room in the past and have just packed up the excess figures in storage boxes. However, I've also slowed down my buying in the last 1 - 2 years, so I'm not accumulating stuff as quickly as I used to. In my current place, I have enough room to display ~95% of my collection and I don't anticipate ending up anywhere smaller than this, so I can't see room ever getting to be a problem. And I don't date, so "significant other wants them out" isn't going to be a problem for me.

I have pruned down my collection slightly a few times in the past and, when I have, it's been getting rid of duplicate figures and repaints I shouldn't have bought in the first place. If I had to cut my collection further, I'd get rid of my remaining duplicates and then probably trim down the Movieverse stuff. I love the Movie figures, but there's a lot of stuff that I shouldn't have bought in the first place (eg - Offroad Ironhide, Rescue Ratchet, Stealth BB, RotF Leader Prime), characters that have had a better figure released in a different size class (eg - any Deluxe that has since gotten an HA figure) and characters that got better figures in RotF compared to the first Movie (eg - Voyager and Leader Megatron). Beyond that, I'd move on to getting rid of repaints from the A/E/C series, where I bought far too many repaints in general.

14. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

The vast majority of Armada, Energon, and Cybertron toys. They gots to go.

15. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

I've run into the exact same problem. I'm out of room (mostly because I'm a MISB collector and boxes take up a ton of room). So, I've sold a lot of my loose figures, some others I just don't care about or ever touch, and now I've hit a point where I have to seriously consider selling a few. I'm trying to get down to the core of my collection and sell the extraneous pieces that don't have any real emotional connection to me. I'm keeping all my E-hobbies, or any other G1 repaint. I'm definitely keeping my DCUC, but I'm also torn over whether or not to open them all, build a display cabinet and display them all there. My Beast Wars collection I think I'll keep, but I also collected almost every repaint available in any other line and I think I might start there and cut the fat.

16. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm in the process right now of selling stuff. In the end, when I get that serious job and family... I'd like to keep my Masterpieces, Henkei, BW, Trypticon, Victory and the season 1 Transformer cast. Everything else is just extra in my opinion.

lol, I originally started with i'll just keep the MP's, then it went to everything else. in all seriousness, i'd probably just keep Trypticon. That is my favorite Transformer because it was a gift from my father.

17. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I've never sold a TF that was part of my collection, and I have no intention to. If I did have to I'd start with the stuff I had the least amount of emotional connection to, regardless of "rarity" or monetary value.

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I thought that Transfans were all singletons who lived in basements.?

19. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I'm about to trim my collection yet again. Those who made the cut: classics, a chunk of my alts, MP, my show BW characters, my primes, and then a fair few assorted figures. I have room for storage and will have room to display eventually, but like others have said it ultimately comes down to attatchment and I have nostalgia for G1 characters done well and BW, so they get my love. Beyond that, there are some that just impressed me. Everything else can go if need be

that said, if push came to shove it could all go

20. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Yes it is.

In fact, I got home from work yesterday, tired and grumpy and not wanting to go anywhere and the girlfriend tells me "But we need to go to the store for [item]." She has a bad shoulder, so it's difficult to drive, so I grumbled a lot. She then tells me, "And then we can go to Walmart to see if that toy you wanted is there..." Yeah, she knew how to twist my arm. I think she knew it was there, too, cause she was kinda insistent we go...

Anyways, on-topic...

First to go are toys that I'm disappointed in... the ones that just aren't fun. Of course, if I want that character for my collection, they have a better chance of sticking around (TF07 Leader Megatron is a good example... he stayed around way longer than he really needed to). Next are the cooler toys that I don't have any attachments to. My Cybertron Red Alert is in this category. Very cool toy, but... very little attachment to it, though I do remember the day I bought it very clearly. I don't remember the night very well, though, thanks to that party I went to... :lol