Which transformer is over rated?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jappy247, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

BB hands down, all that movie versions are ridiculous, too damn much!

2. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I personally don't think the Wreckers are overrated. Maybe overused in the comics. But toywise only Springer, Roadbuster, and Whirl get the toy attention. Also, none of them have been in animation at all either.

3. shocky the spy

shocky the spy Zaku Pilot

IT HAS to be Bumblebee!

4. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

Grimlock. Love the guy and what's not cool about a robot that turns into a T-Rex? But you'd think he's the end all-be all TF of all time with the amount of exposure he's had over the years and the crazy, insane fandom he's generated.

5. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Just like this guy.
    [​IMG]

6. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

The Dinobots. I can see why Michael Bay doesn't like them. In the G1 Cartoon, I personally thought they were flat out annoying and Stupid! i will never get why they are so popular.

Toys right now? Bumblebee. He's got too many toys. But I still like his original deluxe toy, I have Cliffjumper and I love 'im. :) 

7. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd pay to see a dastardly, mustache-twirling Nemesis Prime. His primary weapon would be tying fembots to railroad tracks.

As far as overrated characters go, it has to be the Seekers (particularly Skywarp and Thundercracker).

I mean, come on, name three times when they actually did anything memorable in the G1 'toon (which is what everyone remembers them from, for the most part), and Skywarp pushing characters down stairs, while funny, doesn't count. Starscream was the only one among them to get anything near decent characterization during the original cartoon, yet that still hasn't stopped an insane Seeker fanbase (many of whom are female, for some reason) from forming, based typically on their depiction in the original cartoon. I recall reading a thread in the past few months where some guy was going on insanely about how the next film would fail miserably without shoehorning Skywarp and Thundercracker in, as, to paraphrase him, "They were what made Starscream so memorable in the original cartoon." Seriously, WTF. In media since then, they've had memorable things to do, but how they ever gained their current fanbase I'll never know.

Second place goes to Sideswipe and Sunstreaker, who have pretty much the same thing going on, but lack the Starscream to propel them forward and still came out fan favorites, somehow.

8. DarkDranzer

DarkDranzer Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention Prowl and Sari Sumdac, at first Sari was just an annoying girl (she hurt my ears whenever she squeed like an idiot) but then she blossomed into a full-blown somewhat bratty Canon Sue (if you want to know what one is I recommend reading a Transformers fanfic with "OC" in it, should give you a fair idea as to what one is).

Prowl I never was a fan of any of his incarnations but I especially dislike ninjas as characters, there wasn't anything unique about his character it's just the lone-wolf warrior guy. It's like they were forcing the "cool" aspect of that down our throats. Both of them were very annoying to me and I didn't cry when Prowl die too he was just too "blah" for me to give much of a rat's behind about him.

9. GMfan101

GMfan101 The Smooth Operator

News Credits:
    I was going to respond to this thread,

but...

I changed my mind...

10. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Bumblebee and Soundwave. I can't stand either of them.

11. AMG

AMG Old School

Movie Bumblebee and G1 Ultra Magnus.

12. saberconvoy

saberconvoy Drifting around

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Movie Bumblebee

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thunderwing. He's honestly not nearly as cool as Furman (and ultimately others) makes him out to be. Don't misread me here, because I love Mr. Furman's work for the most part. Also, I really like Thunderwing. However, too much was made of him, then his toy because of it. I want the toy, but mainly because I'm trying to complete my US G1 toys, not because of how awesome the character is (or is not, according to my post here).

Also, along the same vein, Bludgeon. Honestly, had Mr. Furman not glanced at him, he'd be nothing just like the rest of his buddies that came out with him during those years. I say this while owning a Bludgeon toy since my youth (as a kid, I just thought he looked cool with a skull, and I got to buy a TF that day).

14. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    movie BB for both, overrated and too many toys

15. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

Furman's nigh invulnerable Galvatron. Or anybody's nigh invulnerable Galvatron, really.

Hey, TF writers, here's a tip: characters who are basically impossible to defeat ARE BORING!!!
    You always know how the fight will end, for the most part.

The UK stories involving Galvatron, cool as they are, do get a little dull since anyone who goes up against him winds up getting their ass handed to them.

16. Ellamin

Ellamin Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient beings.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Optimus Prime, I summon fan rage, but come on, give us a new story leader, not merely "Megatron vs Optimus, again." at least Megatron gets new designs each Regurgitation, Optimus is too religious by now, "Red Truck with window breasts, or Ape" is tiring... At least Rodimus was a new leader for a bit, though that was long ago...

Though Bumblebee is getting annoying...

17. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

movie BB. horribly overexposed and generally not very good. he's got no personality, but the massive upgrade in status i could deal with if he was still a bit-player rather than the star of teh show. enough with the bee already!

galavatron. looks 'meh', his toy is 'meh', the whole chracter is a bit 'meh', and unforgivably: he's nowhere near as good as megatron.

rodimus prime. he turned into a motorhome. to drive a motorhome you have to be creaky, irritating and smell of a mixture of lavendar and wee. The only pluspoint of rodimus is that he is all of the above. nobody in their right mind would buy an 'upgrade' to turn hotrod into a hot winnebago. just to reiterate: rodimus prime smells of wee.

there are a lot of also-rans (particularly from g1) starscream is a whingey bitch but is very cool in animated and movie so he avoides THE LIST, g1 sky/jetfire is borderline ******ed but awesome enough to dodge this particular bullet, i'd have shot g1 cliffjumper, huffer and seaspray myself were i optimus prime but nobody rates them so they can't be overrated, and despite being very cool in every way animated blitzwing is actually incredibly irritating.

18. BumblebeeFan23

BumblebeeFan23 Bumblebees sidekick

movie Megatron. should of redrew him better. having him resurrected annoyed me

19. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

Optimus and Megatron.

20. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    You sure not Animated Strika?