Which Transformer has the most interesting face?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Focksbot, Feb 1, 2018.

1. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thought of that also!

2. seanlockyer

seanlockyer UCF: The REAL 2017 National Champions

Ebay:
    Bludgeon and/or Octopunch.

3. Sideways77

Sideways77 RIP Dandy Chiggins

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Cyclops lobsters are best

• Like Like x 2
  4. AMG

AMG Old School

Animated Megatron.

Animated Megatron.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

I may be wrong but Beast Wars can also boast being one of few shows that feature very minor details like faction insignia's on the robot heads as well as spots, stripes, black widow hourglass symbols or Terrorsaurs unique "airforce" symbol. The mix of textures and lighting make them very interesting too like shiny areas near leathery or fury parts, dim outer eye areas compared to very bright pupils and even technicolor.

Nailing down the one I find most interesting is difficult, I'd like to rule out humanoid but those can be the most expressive... Maybe Transmetal Tarantulas?

6. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    I always thought Tarantulas had a pretty interesting looking face, both of his forms. Xaaron as well, I liked his non-traditional mouth.

[​IMG]

7. Razzy

Razzy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'd love an Onyx figure with that face.

Cya
    Raziel-chan

8. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AOE/TLK/Studio Series Grimlock

Studio-Grimlock-4.jpg

9. Macross79

Macross79 Well-Known Member

What about The Fallen “Give me your face” does that count as the most interesting Transformers faces?

10. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    King Poseidon has also quite a nice face!

11. Robert Snoke

Robert Snoke Gundam Gusion

still not sure what is the appeal of giving TF's eyebrows, yeah-yeah to convey emotions but it looks uncanny valley to me.

12. ReximusPrimal07

ReximusPrimal07 Well-Known Member

9D23110B-B6D8-47B2-A9DD-6915093B0FDB.png This one

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Indie Musician, Scumbag Jesus

I think the most interesting face is truly TLK Quintessa to me just because of how pretty she is but also how unnaturally fluid and just evil her little panel look makes it.

14. Mindset

Mindset Incompetence at its peak

Despite absolutely despising it at first, recently I've found TR Skullsmasher's face to be incredibly interesting and just flat out weird (in a good way)
    14bc1a12ce64cac93ce7448680f0d597.jpg

15. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Bumblebae

News Credits:
    op0801713139vo1jpg_1244223008.jpg

16. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

This is kinda odd considering they don't really have faces but for me it's always been Wheeljack and Shockwave.

Their faces, or lack there of, are so unique that any time I see that design I instantly recognize it as those characters even when they're intended to be someone else. (Freaking Whirl) With any other face design I can usually accept them being a different character because in my opinion most other designs look kind of generic anyway. I've occasionally seen similar looking designs in other Mechas that aren't even related to Transformers. It's usually a combination of different things that makes me recognize something as say Optimus Prime. Not only the shape of his head but also the coloring, windowed chest ect. while not all the details need to be present all the time most of his designs do include them. There are other characters who could easily pass Optimus with a simple repaint because all the shapes are already there, they just don't have the correct color scheme, Hot Spot for example, or even the original Onslaught, not so much the FoC design cause his head is the wrong shape, but the original design, paint the helmet Blue that could pass as an Optimus.

Wheeljack and Shockwave however, I think maybe because they were the only ones in the G1 Cartoon who looked like that. Wheeljack's ears would light up as he talks and Shockwave had that flashing optic as he talks. It made them stand out as being unique and different among so many other characters who had similar looking designs.

Also want to mention Rattrap, with his exposed brain and buck teeth... still to this day he's the only character that looks like that... not including Packrat who was just a toy only repaint anyway... and for the Predacons we have Tarantulus and Waspinator... These two honestly use to bug me (no pun intended) cause of how they don't really look like robot faces but they've kinda grown on me. I also like how the use of the different toy faces helped to differentiate him from Blackarachnia. She looks more robotic because she's the only one with an actual intended robot face while Tarantulus has a mutant face. And again, she looks kind of generic, like if you recolored her head you could easily accept her as a different character but Tarantulus I think you'd have a hard time seeing that face as anything other than Tarantulus no matter what colors it got repainted into.

One thing that bugs me about Movie Starscream is that he looks like Waspinator... Someone even repainted that thing as a Waspinator. Starscream possesses Waspinator in Beast Wars and then steals his face in the movies. I just have a hard time seeing that bug face as anything other than a Waspinator head.

Basically in my opinion the most unique looking faces are the ones that I can't imagine or can't accept any other character sharing. And they typically aren't human looking faces cause those tend to be the most boring generic looking robots. I think Rattrap has the most human looking face that I think is unique and that's mostly just because of the exposed brain.

• Like Like x 1
  17. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

I like Movie Bumblebee''s head. The larger, somewhat more human looking eyes give it a sense of being youthful, the antennae homage the original Bumblebee's horns, and the gas mask-like mouth plate have a sense of "survivor of a deadly war".

Honorable mentions to IDW Grimlock, Prime Shockwave, Prime Soundwave, G1 Optimus Prime, G1 Megatron, IDW Windblade, and most of the Season 1 Beast Wars faces.

18. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 none

Face shields like Grimlock, Wheeljack and more. And the eye visors are awesome.

19. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Crazy it might seem but I was also partial to the guy who didn’t have much of a face, shockwave, wheeljack, whirl, omega supreme ,jetfire

20. Pho'ptimus Prime

Pho'ptimus Prime Mancave Spelunker TFW2005 Supporter

Ultimate_Guide_Quintessons.jpg
    One of these Quintesson suckers have a face most interesting to me, depending on my mood.