Which toy to buy next?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by typev3, Apr 5, 2011.

1. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

So I got into transformers again pretty recently and I am in love with the classics/universe/generations/rts figures and now I want to go back and pick up toys from the classics and universe lines. However, I know they're all pretty pricey at the moment but some that I have in mind to pick up are:

Classics Grimlock
    Classics Mirage - Love F1, so this seems like a no brainer
    Universe 2.0 Starscream - my favourite decepticon, but +$50 for a seeker is pricey...
    Universe Galvatron - I know it's a hated toy, but I feel like I should own it

So which of these should I get first? Also, can you guys recommend more for me to look into/pick up. I'm kind of leaning towards more decepticons just because I think I have too many autobots. Thanks!

2. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    starscream or mirage

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Mirage, strange that Im saying that since I am actually not a huge fan of the mold (I think I am one of the few). If there is any seeker that we are gonna get another shot at, it will be Starscream and right now seekers are way to hot to be touching with the release of budget friendly versions of the God set. Grimlock and Galvi are more of "pick up when you find the right price" molds for me.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Well I'm going to tweak your selection a bit and say Henkei Starscream. Second choice would be Mirage.

5. barrelks

News Credits:
    ^Yea, that Henkei Starscream really puts the two Hasbro versions to shame. The paint apps on it are amazing.

6. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

Grimlock is OK in Dino mode only and Galvatron is pretty much a failure. I'd say Mirage. Starscream is good too, but then you might feel you have to get all the seekers and it could end up costing you a couple hundred dollars.

7. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Just the thought of another chance at Starscream makes me quite happy. Guess Mirage will be the one to get.

Anyone else have recommendations on really good decepticons?

8. barrelks

News Credits:
    Well, as far as Starscream goes, I don't know that he will eventually be re-released, but if any of them do, he would be a pretty standard choice.

As far as the D-Cons go, I would definately get a couple of the seekers if you don't have them. I always loved Thrust and Dirge as a kid, so it was nice to have the retail release. United Megs is the best paintscheme of the mold IMO. Astrotrain is decent (I prefer the Henkei paintscheme). Cyclonus is great if you don't have him yet, either the original Universe or the RTS release which is in stores now. I like the Universe Ultra Onslaught, even though he isn't really too close to the G1 version (I have one for sale:) )

Surprisingly, looking at my collection, outside of the seekers, the Classic Autobot choices are a lot better (and more plentiful) than the Decepticon ones.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Seconded.

10. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Drag Strip is super awesome,especially as you like F1. I'd recommend Astrotrain,Cyclonus and Dropshot,too. Dropshot is highly under rated,and armed to the teeth!

11. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

I guess I should have mentioned that I do have all of the figures from Generations/RTS and a mix of the United figures (just got Voyager Megs today!).

I've seen Astrotrain around a lot, but not really too sure how I feel about him. As for Onslaught, I'll have to look him up as I have no clue who he is.

12. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

OMG, I NEED DRAG STRIP. Thank-you!

13. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I would suggest that you get/at least try to obtain Mirage/Ligier first.

But get him ONLY if you get a good bargain as he is going for ridiculous pricing these days. :redface2: 

14. barrelks

News Credits:
  15. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

What's considered a good price? Because I've only seen him for about $60 on ebay and at a recent toy expo I attended. But yeah, that did seem expensive for a deluxe.

16. AMG

AMG Old School

That one.

17. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

You're very welcome! You may also be interested in Fracture from the movie line,another repaint,but an homage to the old Gobot,Crasher.

18. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Yeah, he usually runs for that much these days. But its still cheaper than getting his Henkei counterpart, which could easily set you back by USD $100 or so. :p 

Give the Junkion/Items for Sale threads a chance. There're some boys whom are selling/trading their updated Classics so you have some audience in there.

19. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Drag Strip and Astrotrain are both pretty good. And Cyclonus if you don't have a version- though I'd recommend either Henkei or the recent 2/3 pack version.

20. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

Agreed! Stay away from Galvatron and Grimlock is good, but the MP version is MUCH better! :D