Which tfc constructicon should i start with?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by GingaMagnus, Feb 4, 2012.

1. GingaMagnus

GingaMagnus Designated Toku Nerd

I've begun a plan to save up for the TFC hercules pieces but i wanted to know which one i should start with. Any thoughts or order?

2. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Why should it even matter?! In the end, what's the point if you're not going to form Devastator!?

3. GingaMagnus

Well of course i'm going to form devastator that's 50% of why people are getting them.... maybe more...

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Who's your favorite constructicon? Start there. If I could have started with Mixmaster I would have, but as I was one of the early adopters I had to buy what was out. You have the luxury of buying who you want first, so just do that;) 

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    I agree. I would start with my favorite, as far as resemblance. For me that would be either scrapper or hook.

6. 03svt

03svt Well-Known Member

I'll address the question. Dr. Crank

7. 03svt

03svt Well-Known Member

then Heavy Labor. Then Structor. Then exgraver. Then neckbreaker. I'm still waiting on mad blender to arrive...so, I can't comment on that one.

8. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I purchased my first TFC Herc figure the other day and I went with Neck Breaker. It has nothing to do with favorites because well, I haven't really looked into each bot to see which one I'd like best overall.

Neck Breaker comes with a hip replacement for Heavy Labor. So, with that in mind, I figured I'd be prepared whenever I get HL in. Plus, since NB is one of the newer figures to comes out along with Mad Blender, you'd best get him first or wait for an April restock. Maybe get him along with MB too.

Structor and Dr. Crank, well, no real common QC issues with them that I've seen, but since they are not as old and are not as easy to come by like Exgraver and HL, I'd go with those two next.

Heavy Labor and Exgraver will probably be my last two purchases. HL comes with a replacement shovel for Exgraver, that is if you find one that comes with. Since Exgraver's only main QC issue is that, I'd figure he'd come after or with HL.... buuuuut, there are some stores that carry the new Exgraver with the new shovel.

9. mrtbone81

mrtbone81 Bringer of Devastation

Ebay:
    Wherever you start...I would suggest getting them sooner than later as it may very well be hard to find before this year is over.

Oh...and I would get Madblender first! He is awesome!

10. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Legs first then work your way up...so he'll slowly be getting built from the ground up...the arms would be last

11. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

I started with Structor -- it's my one and only at the moment. I love it! After looking around a bit he seemed to have the best track record with QC.

Wasn't sure if I'd like him, but he's pretty great...

Now the question is: who's second? Ha! :) 

12. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

i think it is a good idea to get neck breaker first because you get the extra part for heavy labor in case they stop doing that down the road.

my favorite based on their robot mode is scrapper, then hook.

13. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, that IS a good move. Heavy Labor, after all, doesn't come with the extra scoop for Exgraver now.

14. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    Yeah, but since he's gonna have to open up even the new crotch to double check on TFCs lube job, and the crotch is identicle to the old one, he could just open and lube the old crotch and go in whatever order he wants...doesn't necessarily have to get NB first for the mentioned reason...

15. GingaMagnus

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I don't have a favorite construction so i'm just gonna order the arms first the dr crank then down the list until the get the legs

16. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

my HL is still mint and im going to replace it soon, but im happy that ill have an extra one just in case. it is a pretty important part of devastator holding up all that weight.

is it true you can replace the crotch without messing up the screw covers? but if you want to lube the existing crotch you need to remove them? seems thats what i understand right now. so im planing on checking the new crotch and lubing if necessary, then replacing the old crotch with the new crotch. after that ill still have the old crotch i can add lube to and both of the replacement screw covers.

i thought thats what i read, but it doesnt quite make sense...

???is that right???

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it's true. The replacement crotch doesn't have the covers installed, so you can open the hip piece up without damaging them very easily.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think it's possible to swap out the original crotch with the new lubed one without damaging your original screw covers. I tried finessing mine out for 30-minutes with no luck—they wouldn’t even budge. I ended up having to dig them out :(  I didn't ruin Heavy Labor (thank God), but I easily could have—you really need to mind what you're doing.

The new crotch, however, doesn't have its own covers, so you won't have to worry about those…unless you intend to put them on, but if I were you, I'd leave them off. You never know what you may or may not have to do in the future with this guy.

FYI: I using my original crotch on Hercules. I did what most here did (I think most anyway), applied Vaseline to inner joints and ratchet.

19. ToasterPrime

ToasterPrime Toast maker

My opinion?

don't go for those Mr.100$. there's no guarantee all those Mr.100$ will stick around for much longer (i.e. in six months or more).

start with Mr.600$. he's the best IMO.
    Mr.600$ come in six separate boxes all at once. if you get Mr.600$, you love him so much you'll forget all about those Mr.100$.