Which TF would you save ?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SureShot90, Oct 29, 2008.

1. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    If a thread similar to this one has been made before then please bear with me.

If the situation ever would happen - heaven forbid - you were placed in a situation like a fire etc. and you only had the option to save one and only one TF figure from the whole line span, then which one would you have with you running out the door or jumping out the window ?

What is your gut feeling telling you ? not thinking about value, collectability, availability.

Personally I would save my Fortress Maximus, but before any one will say that's due to value etc I must say no. It's simply because it was the first time I won anything in a contest. I won my Fort Max in a TransFormers drawing contest at my local toy shop back in 1988 (or was it 1989) and being photographed for the newspaper. So I'd take him with me primarily due to an invaluable affectionate value :) 

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

MP Prime... no, THS... no, Classics... or Universe Sunstreaker, but he'd be easily replacable at the moment... crap. I'm going to burn to death trying to decide.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmmm...not really sure, as my TF collection would be the last thing on my mind in that situation. Though honestly, with the size of my collection, I could successfully get at least most of them out. It really depends on how big the fire is at the time. My kitbash WIP's would be left behind, as they aren't on the shelves with the others, but those wouldn't be too hard to eventually replace.

4. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I know TF's wouldn't really come first in such a situation, but it's a hypothetical question. I don't have wife and kids atm, so I'd make sure the first thing I'd grab would be my cat !.
    But in this question also lies the other answer to a question, which basically would reveal which figure in your own collection is your most valued one :) 

Firefighter says: "Sir, we found this guy all covered in molten plastics with tiny bits on die-cast attached." :D 

5. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I'd probably go for the one that will wind up being hardest to replace. Out of my top list (the ones that won't be sold for anything), that would be my TDP Dark Fang Wolf.

6. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    This question has crossed my mind so many times!

And I'm not sure of the answer, it would probably be so panicky that I'd grab a random one, as many as I could, or none at all if my life leaned on precious seconds.

7. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

None, I would choose to stay behind and go down with the ship ;-)

8. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

My TargetMaster Prime that I got for Christmas as a kid.

9. djmagic

djmagic Well-Known Member

I would be tempted to grab my BT-20 since that got me into alts but I would end up grabbing my Altenators Jazz.

10. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Energon Inferno. Suck ass figure, but a lot of sentimental value in that figure.

11. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'd rather them all go up in smoke than show favoritism.

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'm sorry, your what?

13. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

I actually keep a Masterpiece Starscream and Encore 01 Optimus Prime boxed up in my closet just in case of such an unfortunate emergency.

So I'd grab those.

14. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I think he means Rodimus

and for me it would be without a doubt my mint G1 Shockwave but my cat would come first

even if I could only grab one id try to grab more lol

15. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

You know thinking about the actuality of a house fire and what it would do to a TF collection is very sad. Even if flames didn't get to them the heat would probably melt them then there's the fact that the fire department is going to flood the entire house with water.

So the collection becomes a big melted soggy pile of plastic.

Cripes that's a sad thought!!

16. mecha

mecha Banned

brave max

or gigastorm

17. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    I think the first thing I would grab my City Commander Armor set, since it would be the hardest to replace for me.

Several years ago I had a small electrical fire in the room I display my Transformers. It took out better than half of my collection including nearly all of my G1 bots. Not an easy thing to pick through. While losing them didn't even cross my mind, the first thing I grabbed was my daughter(her room was right next to the fire). once it was over and everyone was safe, it was very hard walking through my collection. To this day I have yet to be able to replace most of it. The funny thing was when I store my TF's, I put them in plastic totes layers in towels so they dont wear or scratch each other. I had a bunch of bots in a tote like that at the time of the fire. While most in there were heavily damged, my set of G1 Dinobot made it through unscathed. It was a bitch cutting them out though. Toughest sub-group ever imo.

18. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

I heard that!!! Agreed

19. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Either my City Commander or my complete G1 Wheeljack or my complete G1 Sunstreaker or my complete G1 Shockwave. Very hard to decide.

20. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd have to go with my Armada Sideways, for sentimental reasons.