Which TF lines have you completed

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Transbot90210, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Inspired by the "Have you ever completed your collection" thread.

It seems like we can all agree that as a TF collector you are never truly done collecting, outside of just quitting.

So as a fun little thread I was curious.

Which lines do you collect?
    Which lines have you completed?

Transbot90210
    *note* Transbot collects on screen characters only(for the most part)

BW-COMPLETE
    BM-COMPLETE
    RID-COMPLETE
    ARMADA-COMPLETE
    CYBERTRON-COMPLETE but I wouldn't mind Coby Bot
    ALTERNATORS- COMPLETE
    MP'S-missing TC but will wait for new version to be released
    MOVIES-1 AND 2 COMPLETE
    DID NOT BUY MOVIE 3 (LOOKING TO SELL 1 AND 2)
    6" TITES- COMPLETE

G1- a mix of originals and reissues still need just under 40 figures to complete my "on screen characters" season 1-4 collection
    ENERGONE-MISSING ENERGON CLIFFJUMPER AKA BEACHCOMBER
    ANIMATED-need Wingblade Prime, Blackout and I wouldn't mind Hydrodive BB
    CLASSICS- UP TO DATE BUT MISSING P/CP (ARGH)

PRIME- just started so I have whats out in my area.

Share with the class folks. Which lines do you collect and which have you finished?

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    The only lines I've ever gotten everything, including repaints, are Cybertron Alternators, the original Classics run and Generations. I have 99% of Universe 2.0 but I couldn't bring myself to buy Blaster. The deco was nice but the mold is trash.

Otherwise, I have something from every TF line, even if it's just a couple. I'm currently working towards having a complete US G1 line...still have quite a few to go there.

3. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Palisades
    Titanium
    Binaltech
    Animated
    Diamond Busts

Trying to sell my Titanium so it won't be complete to much longer.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alts
    Classics
    Universe (g1 only)
    Generations
    RTS (G1 only)
    US Animated
    US MPs

in process G1 and Smallest, might go for cybertron too

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Movie (only collect on screen characters) - complete, with the exception of yet to be released DotM toys

Classics etc - need to catch up on Hercules plus I also need Botcon Alpha Trion and Dreadwind, plus the Impossible Toys Quintessons. Apart from that, have just about every G1 character released so far in some form.

Beast Wars (only collect on screen characters) - just missing that damn Takara Terrorsaur in show accurate colours. Otherwise 100% complete

Robot Heroes - Missing the Devastator and Shanghai RotF sets as well as Chromia, Scorponok, G1 Jazz, G1 Prime with Matrix and the unreleased Prowl and Laserbeak. Otherwise complete.

Human Alliance - still missing Leadfoot and Soundwave, but got everyone else.

Animated - with the exception of Bumper Battlers and about half the Activators, I'm 99.99% complete. Just don't have Botcon Minerva (never will!) or Elite Guard Prime. Got all other deluxes, voyagers and leaders though. Even got shitty Ultimate Prime.

6. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only line I have ever completely completed is .....

Power Core Combiners.

7. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    none. i only buy what i like and no line has hit a solid %100 for me ever in the "like" dept

8. SoundBlaster7

SoundBlaster7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here.

9. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends on what some would consider "complete".

For instance I would think a complete Animated collection would have to include all of the deluxes, voyagers, leaders, supremes, activators, legends, store exclusives, box sets, Botcon and Takara figures.

10. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I would like people to add what they consider complete.

Myself I consider all on screen characters from scouts to supreme. I do not include Legends or activators in my sets.

In regards to Animated I would not consider the activators. BUT I would also NOT include Elite Gaurd Prime necessary to complete my collection because he never appearered in the show. Also I do add Wingblade and Blackout even though they never got a NA release, they were on the show.

I guess it is a very personal thing. My BW collection is complete including RX-9 but some would consider it incomplete because I do not have off screen characters from the line.

11. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

As far as the toys I feel are necessary, I just bought the parts to make my TFA collection complete.

DELUXE
    Arcee
    Blackarachnia
    Blurr
    Ironhide
    Jazz (Regular)
    Jazz (Freeway)
    Lockdown
    Oil Slick
    Prowl (Samurai)
    Ratchet (Regular)
    Ratchet (Cybertron)
    Rodimus Minor
    Snarl
    Soundwave (Regular)
    Soundwave (Electrostatic)
    Swindle
    Swoop
    Waspinator

VOYAGER
    Blitzwing
    Grimlock
    Lugnut - on its way
    Optimus Prime
    Shockwave (Purple)
    Skywarp
    Starscream
    Sunstorm
    Wreck-Gar

LEADER
    Bulkhead
    Megatron (Regular)
    Ultra Magnus (Regular)

OTHER
    Bumblebee (Activator)
    Jetfire & Jetstorm - on their way

Would I like more? Sure I would. But I feel I can be happy with the collection being complete as-is.

12. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I don't think I have any line 100% complete, except for 6" Titaniums and Robot Heroes (the first of which is pretty pathetic, the second of which is not really its own line so much as an add-on novelty to larger lines). But I'm close on a few:

Binaltech: I have all but blue Bluestreak and the die-cast Black Convoy

Classics (including Generations, Universe, Henkei, etc.): I have all but the Lucky Draw Prime and Galvatron, unreleased Black Convoy, minicon Dragoyell, and that Euro-exclusive minicon 8-pack that came out sometime last year. But otherwise I have every figure including all repaints, Legends, minicons, etc.

Animated: I have an almost-complete US release collection (missing only Voyager Megatron, Supreme Prime, and stuff like the Battle Bumpers), have all the limited edition repaints except for Elite Guard Prime and the clear Legends, but I still only have about a third of the Takara releases. Probably won't bother completing those, it seems excessive.

For Movie stuff, I have a pretty massive collection, but still far from complete.

If this counts as a "line," I have every Botcon or TFCC release that has been done since the club has been under the stewardship of Fun Publications, with the exception of the 2006-2009 customs class figures.

For G1 I'm still a looooong way off. Chipping away at that one gradually. I'll probably never have it 100% complete, and I'm fine with that.

As far as what I consider "complete," that really varies. You could be a regional completist (only domestic releases, for instance), character completist, etc. But to me the word "complete," without any modifiers, really means complete.... i.e. every single figure available in that line. But of course "complete" can also be used in personal terms... you can have a collection that is "complete for you" even if it isn't doesn't contain the complete line.

EDIT: Oh, forgot Masterpiece, I guess I'm close to complete on that as well... just missing "Last Shot" Prime (Ha! Glad I didn't fall for that...), U.S. release Skywarp, and DVD Prime (which I had but sold). I guess if you count the "fixed" second-release Rodimus, I also don't have that one.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  13. gtf316

gtf316 Nuked in the face.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't miss out little itty bitty Activators Cliffjumper.

14. Boy Blunder

Again, one I'd like, but can live without.

Maybe if I find a good deal on him and am in the mood. Then I'll have to give him a little blue cube to carry around...

15. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    G1 American releases
    G1 Japanese exclusives - minus 3 Juniors
    G1-G2 European exclusives
    G2 American releases
    Binaltech
    Alternators - minus the ones available as Binaltech
    Animated - Deluxe and up
    Masterpiece - Mold completion

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Generations, except for Sky Shadow and Junkheap (yet). This also includes the Grimlock and Rodimus MPs, but NOT the mini-con packs or the three-pack of characters I already had.

Without really trying I also completed Reveal the Shield, except for Deep Dive, Strafe, and Mindset (all molds I already owned).

Some people are counting all on-screen characters as completion. That said, I'm about as close as it is possible to get in the DotM line.

As far as the meaning of "complete," I don't think there can be any confusion if you are clear in your terms and goals. The Generations line does not exist in Japan. If I were trying to complete Animated I would not include Takara's Animated toyline that came out a year later, and I would not necessarily include con exclusives, as those are extra above-and-beyond that I would not actually be able to afford (and there aren't enough for everyone who wants one).

I would consider getting onscreen characters a personal goal, sure, but not a "toyline completion." I won't be a Prime completist, though I would like to collect the core teams of Autobots and my favorite Decepticons (soooo...still a lot of Prime).

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    What's your definition of "complete"? Complete by our own definition? Every single mold? Every single repaint? Every exclusive? Lucky draw?

I would answer the question if you want to specify how I should answer =)

18. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have all of the (currently released) on-screen Movieverse characters that have at least one toy. I technically am missing the Deluxe Classic Camaro Bumblebee, but eh.

I have at least one version of every Classics toy that's been released (EZ G1 Megs is coming, I have EZ Chronicle Vol. 2 on preorder along with United Stepper) outside of Black Shadow & Junkheap (which have yet to be show up around here). All I need to worry about is Botcon stuff I've yet to acquire.

I have every character or "mode" each Animated character appeared in except Samurai Prowl and Purple Shockwave (will pick up later). The only molds I won't own are Activators Lockdown, Battle Begins Megatron and Hydrodive Bumblebee.

I have all of the Beast Wars on-screen characters and modes except Ravage (still debating) and Transmutate.

I have all of the 3-inch Titaniums except the Ark.

I have all three Hybrid Style releases, all six Transformer Revoltechs (the original five plus DotM Prime), all 12 Mighty Muggs and will have every Kre-O release by Christmas.

19. Boy Blunder

It seems more like the question is, what do you feel makes your collection (of a given line) complete?

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I will answer it based on that, then:

By my definition of complete:

Definition: I am personally done with those line, having all of what I want from them)

1. BW (sold the entire thing though)
    2. Armada (sold most space)
    3. Energon (sold most for space)
    4. Cybertron (sold most for space)
    5. Classics (complete to date)
    6. Movie 1 & 2
    7. Animated
    8. RiD
    9. 3rd Party (complete to date)

OTHER collections:

1. Busou Shinki (complete to date)
    2. Brave Series (complete to date)
    3. Revoltech (complete to date)
    4. Figma (complete to date)
    5. Soul of Chogokin (complete to date)
    6. Super Robot Chogokin (complete to date)
    7. Robot Damashii (complete to date)
    8. Bomberman
    9. Wataru Enryuden
    10. Granzort Collection
    11. Virtual On series

I think.... that's "it".