Which TF lines do you see canned this time next year?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mrhillz, Jul 27, 2006.

1. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Well, besides Cybertron, of course. It looks like the joint SWTF line is doing well, so they might stick around. I'm not sure about Alternators, seeing how they warm the shelves in some parts of the country. How about anyone else?

2. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Titaniums. If not the 6" then the 3".

Classics... it's movie time, baby.

3. butz

butz slippery when wet

Attacktix comes to mind, but then again, I'd be surprised if they last till this tmie next year. Not sure about the rest. Kinda surprised Alts have made it this long without getting the axe, so who knows.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I don't see Cybertron or Classics ending as being "canned" so much as they simply ran their intended course.

Aside from any limited type lines (like BW10th) the line I expect to see canned is Alternators.

Realistically, between the licensing costs associated with it, and an increasingly limited appeal due to having to go to unknown characters, I think Alternators could be cut without any real loss.

I think Titanium 6" (given it is not restrained by any given theme) would likely become the core secondary TF line, assuming Walmart orders enough to keep it going

5. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

If hasbro has indeed already paid for a Caddy and Jag licence, I don't see Alt's dying in 2007. They'll milk 2 to 3 toys for each mold I bet. Add a Skids, Rumble and Mirage repaint, and you've got a decent year for Alts.

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Swtf

7. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

the stars wars line needs to go along with the attacktix

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Alternators....Hasbro said that ALL alternators for this year are out....and only TWO before the movie for next year. Id say rumble is one and it is not 100% know IF Hasbro has the rights for a jag or caddy.

At sdcc Hasbro stated that they were not sure if the line would continue during and after the movie. So they are my bet and hope actually. They will be good collectibles down the road.

If you remember the original plan for alts/bts was only 2 years. anything on top of that we have got is gravy :) 

9. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Well I certainly hate to see the Alternators line go b/c they are the best Transformers I've seen in 20 years, but if I had to choose I would say SWTF. They don't look anything like the characters themselfs and what's up with the little drivers, the best thing they are good for is to step on and say a few cuss words. I haven't seen any Attacix or Titanium so i can't say yes or no with either one of these.

10. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V I protect those I care 4

Man, I hope Alts. don't go away...they still need an Eclipse, Celica and some Cadillac molds...

oh well - all good things must come to an end...

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    For the umpteenth time, Alternators is going on HOLD not Canned.

12. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    NO! Not the Alternators line! It is awesome, it rocks, it has cool LICENSED cars. I think we'll see some repaints this year, and two new molds next Spring, then it will calm down for ALL lines for the sole focus to be on the movie, then afterwards we might see a TV series based off of the movie and the characters from it.

During that period, we may see some secondary lines pick back up, but which ones is up in the air. I'd say maybe Classics (if it sells well, with no cartoon or movie tie-in), and SWTF will continue and maybe Alternators if the licensed vehicles from the movie sell well.

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Well from their own mouth at SDCC and reported here they said the Alts future was UNKNOWN. So it IS possible.

14. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Alternators. Classics will become the new ongoing subline once it becomes apparent how well they sell. Perhaps they will go on hold for the movie, and then reappear, much like Hasbro did with the Star Wars OT Collection during Ep 3's big push.

15. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    TakTom TFs altogether. Well before this time next year...

I'm joking but have some serious fear at the same time.

16. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

I hope Alternators doesn't get canned, those are the only TFs I collect. Though that would probably make my wife and wallet happy.

17. godsenddeath

News Credits:
    The end of Alternators is regularly declared nigh on various message boards, by various members.

Mirage is just out, that will be repainted at least once.

We know Rumble is comming eventually, that will be repainted too.

There's also a Scion XB repaint listed in Wal Mart computers, and fairly solid rumors of an XLR and a Jaguar

The Jaguar and XLR will both be repainted as well,

That's 8 more toys. Even if they weren't being put on hold, that's the best part of a years worth of Alternators.

Saying the future of the line is unknown doesen't mean the line has no future full stop.

It could just mean they're currently waiting for approval on something from a car manufacturer , and that if that doesen't happen they will go to Plan B.

Yes, it's possible they'd ditch Alternators, but what benefit would it serve? The line sells well, and although Hasbro are in profit, those profits hinge heavily on Transformers.

Even if no other car manufacturers are interested, between them Ford, GM, Chrysler, Honda and Toyota turn out enough new models to keep the line going for a long long time to come.

A year ago, people were declaring Alternators a burnt out husk of a line.... then Mirage was revealed.

18. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i hope to see Alternator-esque versions of the movie charactors... i'd be pretty shocked if we don't...

19. godsenddeath

News Credits:
    Ditto. It looks like the 'Con Police car is going to be a retool of the Grimlock/Wheeljack mold after all, so they're probably going to release new molds to compliment it.

20. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    What lines won't be around this time next year?

If there is a God, Kiss Play.