Which TF has the best hidden alt mode??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by microclone, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

master piece megatron. because he has a illegial toy realistic gun alt mode.

2. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

One of the first things that struck me seeing Alternity Convoy and Megatron was that they appeared similar...but the proportions were off. Then when I first saw how they were transformed, I had a eureka moment, thinking.."Wow, that's clever!" It's a shame Takara Tomy had not figured that out sooner..

3. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Revoltech Megatron.

OH NO WAIT.

Yeah. Voyager Megatron is the best example that I own. :]

4. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

This reminds me of a funny story...

When the ROTF figures first came out I was stood in the Sainsbury's toy aisle and I saw a woman pick up the box for Prime after being pestered by her young son to buy it for him.
    She inspected it for a while, before turning to him and saying "I thought you wanted the one that turned into a truck?" and he was jumping up and down screaming "YES YES that one! That one!"
    So she turns the box over and looks at the pictures on the back and says "well there's a picture of a truck along with the toy that's inside the box, but that's false marketing as it's not included in the set"
    "Mummy mummy it transforms from the robot INTO the truck!"
    "Don't be ridiculous! There is no way that robot can change into that truck. Now come on and stop being so stupid!"
    So she leads him away with a crushed look on his face. I almost stepped in to explain but she was one of those people you're better off just leaving be.

Still, it does show how, to the untrained eye, leader Prime is a masterpiece of engineering that barely looks like it can do what it is actually capable of.

Genius.

5. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Rotf Scalpel.

6. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    This is also a case of reading comprehension fail, as most Transformers toys have ROBOT MODE and VEHICLE MODE or ROBOT TURNS INTO A TRUCK or SLAG ME I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S NOT A TRUCK!11 written all over their packaging. I reckon she was using it as an excuse not to buy it.

I totally would have stepped in. I love correcting bitchy people. >.>

7. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Bitchy people are indeed fun to correct...

For the best hidden robot form in Vehicle mode... then any single Alt/BT/HA figure...

For the best vehicle hidden in robot form... Then definitely most everything from the Movie-verse line of toys... with ROTF leader Prime leading the herd.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    his 'bat' mode is also hidden pretty nicely ;) 

9. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

G1 Perceptor. The scope just looks like a bazooka weapon, and if you went looking for altmode kibble you'd think he just turned into a tank.

Sixshot's wolf and gun modes are fairly unobvious.

How about RiD Megatron/Galvatron? I don't think there's ANY altmode of his which is obvious. Best guess is "Some animal form with wings and claws."

Most citybots and nearly anything with a Cybertronian mode, unless it has obvious wings, wheels, or treads.

Many of the Movieverse toys, as UnicronFTW points out. Toys like Payload in particular. You could dip its altmode in bright orange paint and it would barely show up as highlights in the robot mode.

10. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless you happen to see it from the back- where almost the entire car is just sitting there as a complete piece.

That being said, it IS a beautiful toy and a very clever transformation. I like it very much.