which tf game should i get and why, and do people play it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by DJPrime39, Sep 18, 2011.

?

which one?

1. Transformers War For Cybertron

37 vote(s)
    92.5%
  2. Transformers Dark Of The Moon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

just wanted 2 know

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I'd recommend DOTM, WFC or the ROTF game.

It depends:

- If you want to play online: the DOTM game is the best pick [as its community seems larger than WFC's community], the ROTF game also has a fairly big amount of people online, WFC being the less-indicated on this trait.

- On Campaign: The DOTM game has a shorter campaign than WFC [seven missions for the DOTM game, ten for WFC] and less replay-value, the ROTF game has a failrly long campaign too, so things are between WFC and ROTF here.

- Game Mechanics: WFC and DOTM have similar mechanics, even using the same engine [as for which game has the better mechanics, opinions vary: DOTM mechanics can be seen as somewhat simplified compared to WFC according to some, but also more varied, original and well-used according to others], both WFC and DOTM are third-person shooters with some similarities to Gears of War [in fact, a lot of similarities, some even say that those games are pretty much Gears of War with robots in it], some find it a great use of common mechanics combined with giant robots and all-around fun, while other finds it a rip-off with no originality that gets boring pretty fast.

The ROTF game is just plain impossible to describe much because opinions range from "the mechanic is awfully dull" to "refreshingly new mechanics", but one thing is certain: The game is definitely a unique experience [which can be good or bad], and the characters are more varied than WFC [as in, the gameplay experience varies a lot from character to character in the ROTF game, while it varies little on the WFC game].

So that's pretty much all I got about those three, take your conclusions from the fact and decide which suits you more.

On a side-note, the Armada game is also pretty damn good, but it's considerably hard as hell and is for PS1, so its kind of hard to find.

3. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    It's for the friggin PS2. And it's not that hard to find... I've seen fivedozen copies of it at Pawn Shops, Gamestops, and thrift/secondhand stores.
    And, Amazon probably has it:
    Amazon.com: Transformers: Video Games

I freakign love the Armada game. It's aged fairly well.
    But, I won't deny that WFC is probably a lot better.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't played any transformers video games, but I voted WFC anyway knowing that movie games almost always turn out terribly.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wfc, i started playing it almost every weekend again, great game, love escalation mode

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

This is too long for me to be bothered checking. Also I have not played ROTF but have seen gameplay and missions. I can only give my opinion based on that.

WFC is in many ways better than DOTM. I am not saying DOTM is terrible but I like WFC better. WFC feels more solid and generally bad reviews makes DOTM seem worse than it is. However, while Stealth Force is more powerful than Robot mode it is exaggerated. Also while I feel the controls are a bit off, the DOTM flying levels are much more fun than than in WFC. WFC does have the advantage of more interesting environments more playable characters and levels in single player. Also the bosses are much more unique in WFC with ordinary robots, mini robots, giant robots and space worms.

In WFC Cybertron is an amazing place to play on in single player. While it is not open world game play, when you can see for miles you will be impressed with beauty and detail. Defense of Iacon and Kaon Prison Break has amazing and unique environments and views.

On Cybertron The twenty foot robots are ordinary and the gravity is better for them while on Earth in DOTM they very big and heavy and removes double jump. Also in DOTM there are differences between characters. Some times is good and bad.

These days most the people on WFC multiplayer will kick your @@s. The Scientist class in WFC (the flyers) have small health bars making them hard to use but these days if you fight one you will loose. the best players have learnt to master maneuvering them.
    DOTM also has bigger maps.

As said before I have not played ROTF but from what I have heard it might be worse, the same or better than next two. Most people say that the campaign and controls are worse but it has a better multiplayer. From what I have seen on Youtube it seems to have more fighting options but I have heard the average player might find some hard to use. On the bright side it does utilize the vehicle mode in combat without Stealth Force. Also it you can climb buildings. The weapons seem less realistic than in WFC and DOTM. I see this as a good thing as they are aliens but some might see it as bad. The Multiplayer maps are even bigger than in DOTM.

But if you have a DS, get the first movie game for it if you can. you can choose between Autobots or Decepticons. I would suggest Decepticons but the stories and gameplay are similar. Most people agree it is pretty good for a DS game. It is Open World and you can select any mission or challenge for replay. The stories is loosely based on the first movie but is very unique and enjoyable. The end is shocking and Megatron is very evil. The maps are pretty big and the Tranquility map is very big and it is fun to drive around in Free Roam, shooting up things. the maps are very different to each other as well. If the same people made the following three DS game we would have gotten one of the best DS games ever.

7. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

WFC Without a doubt. Its epic fun. DOTM is same basic gameplay but feels unpolished and rushed.

8. Driftx3

Driftx3 lord of all things robot

News Credits:
    WFC because it's the only one that isn't 700 kinds of broken...

9. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    WFC!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    RotF by leaps and bounds. WFC is just an Unreal Tournament reskin with terrible servers, DOTM is just a reskin of WFC, and they both totally botch the feeling of being a transforming alien robot, making transformation feel more like a chore than an action feature.

11. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Pah, Commander mode with Hot shot, not that bad :) 

12. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

WFC. That is a game that will never get old. Great character designs, wonderful gameplay... one of the best there is, IMO!!!

Note: 400th post. yay!

13. OptimusPrime108

OptimusPrime108 Autobot Field Commander

WFC really is the best one IMO. I liked DOTM but like others have stated it

felt rushed and unpolished. WFC's enviroments are amazing and they are

huge, they captured cybetron perfectly. Unlike WFC, for me, some of the

DOTM maps are to small and you feel costricted a lot of the time. While both

campaigns are intresting and about the same length, I did enjoy WFC's more.

I love the movies and movie designs to death, but WFC takes the cake as

best TF game......For now. Never played ROTF, can't vouch for it.

14. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

WFC. Because its freaking WFC! :rock 

15. Saurocon

Saurocon Uncle Samhain

The Armada game is well worth hunting down. My little brother got hooked on the game, and he HATED transformers at the time. If someone as picky as he is with games can get hooked despite despising the franchise, that's got to speak well for the game. Personally, it's an all-time classic in my library.

But if you're looking for next-gen action, I think both ROTF and WFC merit their current price points. I've even seen new copies of ROTF for less than $15! I'd wait for DOTM to come down some more before buying--it's probably worth the rental, though. I haven't checked it out yet.

Play-wise, ROTF has more of a learning curve due to its controls. I prefer WFC's style, and I like the Escalation multiplayer.

16. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Armada game is awesome. Super light on chatter and story (Megatron must be stopped! And . . . something. No, that's it!), but the gameplay and environments are nothing short of awesome. There's a lot more strategy to equipping Mini-Cons and preparing yourself for the battle ahead, but that's half the fun right there.
    The PS2 Armada game will make you like Armada. By the time you're done, you won't even remember Carlos, Rad, or the others.

17. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Nobody really plays ROTF on live anymore. But WFC is the best choice anyway. Multiplayer is super fun better than any of the others I have played. WFC all the way!

18. Traachon

Traachon The battle takes to the sky with Cyberjets!

The only TF games I have are the PS2 Armada game, WFC on the Nintendo DS, and that awful, awful PS2 ROTF. :cry 

19. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If your JUST STARTING to play Transformer games, go with WFC.